Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you still wear a mask?
This poll is closed.
No, I'm a a dumb 33 40.74%
Yes, I'm a smart 48 59.26%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

i wore one when i saw Avatar last week and sometimes in the grocery if I remember but mostly no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
just lol if you think I ever leave my hermetically sealed goon chamber long enough to stop posting.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If I'm somewhere they want me to wear a mask I will do it. Otherwise, I'm going maskless.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
still masking and no covid. bonus is you get to make people mad while being safer.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Smugworth posted:

I also post about it online
Like can you believe this poo poo

Thank you for fighting the good fight o7

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Randarkman posted:

Norway here. I don't think I've seen anyone wear a mask for for more than a year, probably like a year and a half, if not more. People here barely even wore them for most of the height of the pandemic, I'd say it was only a couple of months where where you saw most people wearing masks. I'm pretty sure I had a covid in November.

I think it's weird to have Americans being like all shocked how their country has opened up again and people aren't wearing masks any more. You're not unique, and there's a lot of countries where people mask use was waaaaaaaay more lax than in the US.

I am feel uncomfortable when we are not about me?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seems like there are a lot of C.H.U.D.s in this thread not wearing masks
Who wants to get knocked the gently caress out first?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
been over a year since

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

only when i'm symptomatic (of any illness, flu or cold or w/e). but tbf i only go anywhere when symptomatic if i absolutely have to so not very often. locally i'd say maybe 10% of people or less are masked in public?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Prof. Crocodile posted:

We all wear masks in a way, when you think about it.

also thks. and i'm wearing my posting mask rn

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Randarkman posted:

I think it's weird to have Americans being like all shocked how their country has opened up again and people aren't wearing masks any more. You're not unique, and there's a lot of countries where people mask use was waaaaaaaay more lax than in the US.

Most of the country hasn't been wearing masks since early in the year. The only places that required them up until recently were dentist offices and hospitals and both of those dropped masks a few months ago. They can still make a decision to require them, tho. If you come vacation over here you might see one or two people in a store in a mask, or on the bus.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Prof. Crocodile posted:

We all wear masks in a way, when you think about it.

We all have a face that we hide away forever and we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Philthy posted:

If you come vacation over here you might see one or two people in a store in a mask, or on the bus.

And that'd be more than I see here.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Brain Curry posted:

We all have a face that we hide away forever and we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone

absolutely this. :thanks:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Be like the Fugees y'all
Wear masks
Or I'll punch you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKXT2GRAncc

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
with very rare exceptions, i wear a mask whenever i enter a public indoor space.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'll wear a mask if it's required, like it still is on public transit in Spain as of like September. Or if I'm in close proximity/need to go on a road test with a customer. Basically I'll stay back acknowledging your decision to wear a mask, and just got over asking people if they'd like me to wear one; they always say oh nah don't worry about it.

Whatever virus wants to spread is going to spread whether there's masks or no masks, I think we all know this now

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I wore one religiously until April 22. However, I've been throwing around the idea of wearing one again with all the flu and RSV at school.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I take the bus + subway to work, you bet I'm maskin up

I don't know where you randos been

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I really hope hospitals and stuff keep the mask requirement up forever. When you think about it, it was stupid that people were able to wander around without masks at all. Hm...going to a place where sick people are constantly wandering around. I think I'll breathe all that poo poo.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I really hope hospitals and stuff keep the mask requirement up forever. When you think about it, it was stupid that people were able to wander around without masks at all. Hm...going to a place where sick people are constantly wandering around. I think I'll breathe all that poo poo.

This but anywhere public

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You should probably wear a mask at home unless you're immediate family to anyone living with you

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna keep wearing it on planes, didn't get any post-trip colds last couple years and I used to get sick after trips all the time

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

In the UK no one really masks up anymore. I very rarely see them when I’m out.

Everyone started dropping them at their own pace I think after the mask mandate was dropped.

I still wore mine for a while but after my 3rd jab I decided that I probably had two options which were continue wearing it forever since covid is never going away or just get on with it and hope the vaccines do their job. I’ve not had covid yet (edit: that I know of)but I sanitise often and don’t touch poo poo unless I absolutely have to

I’ve got a friend who still wears a mask everywhere he goes which would be commendable if it wasn’t for the fact that he touches almost every surface he can when hes out and about and then doesn’t wash or sanitise his hands because he thinks washing your hands too often dries out your skin.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Can't kiss a man on the lips and feel his mustache tickle your nose if you're both wearing masks

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The local poo poo water is trending poorly so I guess it’s time to put that sucker back on

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
When I happen to have one on me I’ll wear it in public spaces, especially if they have some for free to take. But, overall my Bong Lung strategy has safely navigated me through the COVID waters.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mask-wearing dropped off a cliff here, but I have seen no reason to change my own habits at all. Mask up in stores, public places, even at drive-throughs. Work still requires masks, so that also makes it easier.

I've gone without a respiratory infection for like 3 years, and am in no hurry to pick one up.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the pandemic situation hasn't changed too much since the vaccine came out a year and a half ago. the disease has gotten more transmissible, and the vaccine works worse against variants so in some ways it's actually worse now. deaths are down compared to last year, but still about an order of magnitude higher than an average flu year so not exactly great news either.

so i still wear a 95 when i go somewhere public indoors. sometimes i get a little lax if i'm just gonna pop in for a minute, like buying something from a gas station or picking up an online order from a restaurant. but if i'm going to the office or a grocery store or anywhere i'm gonna be longer than a minute or two, i'll wear it. other than that, it's pretty much life as normal except i don't eat in restaurants anymore unless it's a special occasion. haven't caught it yet, which is probably due in equal parts to luck, precautions, and being fortunate enough to have a job that can be done remotely the majority of the time.

probably if i had kids i'd have given up long ago, because they're gonna bring every disease home from school no matter what you do.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

also, i have no problem wearing the mask in public around strangers for however long it's necessary, but i definitely do feel the temptation to stop wearing a mask at work since i'm one of the last to do so.

but it would feel bad to give into peer pressure when there's no justification. i've worn it this long, i can keep it going until there's some reason to believe the situation has improved -- a better vaccine, the disease goes away on its own (lol), or some breakthrough treatment.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Mask-wearing dropped off a cliff here, but I have seen no reason to change my own habits at all. Mask up in stores, public places, even at drive-throughs. Work still requires masks, so that also makes it easier.

I've gone without a respiratory infection for like 3 years, and am in no hurry to pick one up.

Try having children

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

When I go out and fight crime, I do.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i have no time to wear a mask because im constantly eating

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

If you still want to wear one - that's fine, nobody cares. But my dude, we are well past the stage of virtue signaling over wearing one.
Lol, I haven't worn one outside of medical settings in probably a year (North Carolina represent), but this post makes me want to start again out of spite.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
In Washington we have a "tripledemic" and even the state's feckless health authorities are recommending masking, so yeah. On shopping trips, not in bars or restaurants

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

20 Blunts posted:

i have no time to wear a mask because im constantly eating

You joke, but that's what a former coworker of mine did. She made sure to have a plate of cheetos by her workstation so she could just have her mask on her chin and say "but I'm eating!" if anyone would say something. She was the first in our place to get Covid. She caught it three times by the time I left.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Moai Ou posted:

You joke, but that's what a former coworker of mine did. She made sure to have a plate of cheetos by her workstation so she could just have her mask on her chin and say "but I'm eating!" if anyone would say something. She was the first in our place to get Covid. She caught it three times by the time I left.

admire the dedication to the bit

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Moai Ou posted:

Getting pneumonia and obesity to own the libs. Love it.

e:

Forgot to add

flubber nuts posted:

probably n95 in public until i die

DickParasite fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Moai Ou posted:

You should have punched her