Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It's only fine for me because I use my buddy's login. I'm assuming there will be an upcharge and they aren't just going to include this because they're a cool good and fun company.

It's a shame that I only get Raider/49er/Charger games here in northern California. I only get Browns games when they're on MNF or something, so I still have to resort to bootleg streams for my fix of weekly disappointment.

Anyone they went with was going to have an upcharge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this is how i know you havent seen a bucs game this year.

i can promise you that the bucs will not make the superbowl this year

I agree...but I'd feel a lot better if they didn't make the playoffs or would feel better after they are eliminated just in case.

We've all been through some pain here for quite a while.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grittybeard posted:

I agree...but I'd feel a lot better if they didn't make the playoffs or would feel better after they are eliminated just in case.

We've all been through some pain here for quite a while.

yea i get that. well good news is they have by no means locked up the division so cheer for the saints, falcons, and panthers over the next 3 weeks (minus panthers/lions). oh and for the cards to beat the bucs this weekend

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this is how i know you havent seen a bucs game this year.

i can promise you that the bucs will not make the superbowl this year

It's all a long con by Tom to prove that seeding doesn't matter :tinfoil:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Bucs lost to Green Bay. The Bucs are doo doo rear end.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lions fans on Twitter, believing in Goff and hoping for defense with both first round picks. :smh:

Apparently you can only see Purgatory from the outside.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't think it's the worst idea to ride Goof to the end of his contract and then draft a young QB into what should hopefully be a strong, developed player core -- kind of like when the Seahawks picked up Russell Wilson right as the Legion of Boom was starting to reach its peak.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That way lies nothing but pain. We did it for 30 years. If you don't have the guy, you should draft the guy every draft until he pans out and you get the guy.

Nothing else matters. Ask the Titans.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

They know what's gonna happen.

Thinking about "What might have been" after we get another Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl.
See I was thinking that we would get to see the Bills lose to the last member of the NFCE that they havent lost to yet.

abelwingnut posted:

it's one of those services you couldn't pay me to use. it is actively infuriating, and their support is texans-tier.

just don't. go support your local bar every sunday instead.
Uhh yeah I'm cool with paying 40 bux a month to Sling TV for redzone instead of 40 bux a Sunday to deal with crowds of idiots at a bar.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

That way lies nothing but pain. We did it for 30 years. If you don't have the guy, you should draft the guy every draft until he pans out and you get the guy.

Nothing else matters. Ask the Titans.

Believe it or not, Goff is having a better season right now than Alex Smith ever did for the Chiefs.

Say the Lions have prime Aaron Rodgers instead of Goff, but they still have the league's worst defense. Where's that get them?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean isn’t the QB class not that great this year? Seems like a waste to gamble when your a team that already has pretty bad QB luck

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
if they like someone still available at their second pick later in the 1st round, go for it but i dont see using the rams pick when they could get a top DT or CB there

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Believe it or not, Goff is having a better season right now than Alex Smith ever did for the Chiefs.

Say the Lions have prime Aaron Rodgers instead of Goff, but they still have the league's worst defense. Where's that get them?

The Lions are no longer the leagues worst defense. They’re probably somewhere in the mid 20s. They’ve got two talented rookie edge rushers who have come on in the second half. They still need some talent but you can win a Super Bowl with a middling defense and a great QB, and they’re trending towards a middling defense right now.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Nervous posted:

It's all a long con by Tom to prove that seeding doesn't matter :tinfoil:

If that was true, he'd be aiming for the 7 seed to do one better than Eli

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I worry if Buffalo wins the super bowl the president might have to send the military in 3 months after to try to get the area back under control

No table would be safe, statewide

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sono posted:

If that was true, he'd be aiming for the 7 seed to do one better than Eli

:goonsay: the Giants were the 5th seed in 2007 and and the 4th seed in 2011.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hear me put

What if the Chargers won the superbowl

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Hear me put

I’d be okay with this.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

What the actual hell :smith:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a neat cape posted:

Hear me put

It would be cool. I'm a sucker for a lost cause.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

been looking in the threads. seems like sb is chargers/vikings if anyone wnats to bet that and make money for free. if they lied it's not my fault

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

been looking in the threads. seems like sb is chargers/vikings if anyone wnats to bet that and make money for free. if they lied it's not my fault

he's the bomber

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean isn’t the QB class not that great this year?

why do people say this

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The QB class isn't that great this year in that there's no universally loved blue-chip prospects and the top guys of the class all have pretty obvious downside cases. It's also different from last year's lovely class in that you could reasonably have a rosy enough view of the top prospects to justify picking them at the top of the draft, whereas last year you were kind of stretching if you thought anyone was even worth a first rounder

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

why do people say this

They say it every year

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

They say it every year

They certainly said it about Herbert and I've never seen anyone been proven so wrong.

This class is lightyears better than last year's.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

They say it every year

They didn't say it about 2021's draft class.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The 2018 QB class was supposed to be loving awesome and it gave us Darnold, Baker, and Josh Rosen lol.

Also Allen and Lamar but I don’t think those two were ever in serious contention for going in the top couple picks? Which is kind of the point. Even professional evaluators are hilariously wrong all the time about QBs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm sure 2004's QB class was also poo poo on here, but that was before my time

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

The 2018 QB class was supposed to be loving awesome and it gave us Darnold, Baker, and Josh Rosen lol.

Also Allen and Lamar but I don’t think those two were ever in serious contention for going in the top couple picks? Which is kind of the point. Even professional evaluators are hilariously wrong all the time about QBs.

Allen was getting floated as 1 overall by the Mel Kiper's of the draft world. Everyone wanted to invent a new position that touches the ball every play that isn't qb for Lamar.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Allen was getting floated as 1 overall by the Mel Kiper's of the draft world. Everyone wanted to invent a new position that touches the ball every play that isn't qb for Lamar.

and that's why lamar jackson plays center for the baltimore ravens

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens 2 best WRs were cut by other teams mid season. Be free Lamar. Hope you enjoy Miami.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Lamar is gonna be a Lion. Ravens get back a top pick, via the Rams.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

SKULL.GIF posted:

It gets them to the playoffs on a regular basis, like the Packers, instead of the not-playoffs, like the Lions

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

I'm sure 2004's QB class was also poo poo on here, but that was before my time

TFF didn't exist in 2004.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Desean Jackson

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RIP Franco Harris.

Sorry for the pft link

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1605534394990698497?s=46&t=Jvnn2o28scc6rBNJOyB6wA

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sucks that he passed just before the 50th Anniversary of the Immaculate Reception Game
RIP

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

a neat cape posted:

he's the bomber

how did he get the lost israeli nuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Dr_Strangelove posted:

how did he get the lost israeli nuke

Cavauro is the American dude in the novel who helped the terrorists, only in this case he’s motivated by revenge for the Bengos and &ę.

The most implausible part of that book was the Super Bowl was held in Denver.