Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m stationary mini-map gang, I don’t get the point in having it rotate. I was playing The Witcher 3 just now and I was pissed because it rotates and I couldn’t find the option to lock it, but then I found it in a different menu. Pound off below with your thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
stationary, shouldn't even be a question

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014
I can parse both just fine.
However, I think we can all agree that Final Fantasy XIII spinning the entire area map is just batshit insanity.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Looper posted:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i hate the minimap, how come my character cant get to it, its so close to them they could reach up and crawl right into it if they just bothered to look

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

looking forward to the serial killer that prefers the rotating map

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It's me, i was getting super lost in the new lego star wars until i turned on rotating map

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

The Huge Manatee posted:

However, I think we can all agree that Final Fantasy XIII spinning the entire area map is just batshit insanity.

The older SMT and Persona games had huge maze-like dungeons and did this by default and it was really stupid, at least you could turn it off in the options though.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I can deal with the rotating map as long as it has a clear and easy to see N on it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
depends on the game. if it's a big map that i'll go through multiple times then stationary. if it's a smaller map that i'll only go through linearly then rotating is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Stationery maps only