Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I see the righteous path is already being chosen here but

D Druidic Europe galvanizing itself is the most interesting option by far. A would also have been cool tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
D

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
D - Roman or Druidic Reformation if possible, please!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
D

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
Not to Be basic, but as much I think D could be neat, I can't help but see B making sense as far as what we voted on for the Elissids: it's a perfect caulron of enlightenment and potential conflict. Even if they manage to hold their vassalized blobs in place for a hot minute, there's a great catalyst there for future conflict.

That being said, I am very excited to see what may come of the Druidic/Pagan European cultures...

MuteAllison fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 27, 2023

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
My go-to would've been if we'd get most of B but with a lot of variance in the Pagan faiths, specially if they are unreformed (which I think Druidism is for instance?). Just split them up a bit rather than just have them be monolithic faiths y'know?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

B.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren:Vote closed!:siren:

A — Judaism — 3 — Yuiiut, wedgekree, Ikasuhito

B — Christianity — 13 — Rejected Fate, Chatrapati, ThatBasqueGuy, karmicknight, Average Lettuce, Technowolf, Angstrom Gothington, Viola the Mad, cokerpilot, idhrendur, MuteAllison, Luhood, Hellioning

C — Islam — 1 — Kangxi

D — Pagans — 22 — GunnerJ, SirPhoebos, Raserys, L.U.I.G.I, Thordain, Rody One Half, Loel, Livewire42, ZiegeDame, AJ_Impy, Lord Cyrahzax, BraveLittleToaster, Sherbert Hoover, Rubix Squid, Arioch, TheFlyingLlama, Enrico la Spaniard, Lynneth, Captain Oblivious, Ralepozozaxe, CommissarMega, habeasdorkus

D wins!

Vote 4 below

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren: CK3 to EU4 Vote :siren:

The fourth vote, as below, will deal with fate of China.

The power and wealth of Cathay are legendary, but there has been little enough news that has trickled in from the east over the past century — ever since the Taurico-Mongol horde launched their ambitions invasions, in fact. That most distant land might indeed be prospering… but it might well be devoured by the demons of war and famine, its glories long ago lost to memory and myth.

What state is China currently in?

A — The Continent — the empire of China is but a distant memory, having long ago fractured into nations and kingdoms that have developed entirely unique cultures that only nominally recognise the suzerainty of the Emperor — results in a shattered China, utilising HRE mechanics

B — The Empire — the empire of China has waxed and waned with the centuries, and presently flourishes in a golden age under the auspices of the Taurico-Mongol dynasty that wreaked such chaos and havoc in the thirteenth century — the Taurico-Mongol invasions were stunningly successful, resulting in a large and united China utilising Mandate of Heaven mechanics

C — The Collapse — the devastation that was wrought by the Taurico-Mongols was unlike anything seen before… and it is still not over, as China lays divided into dozens of warlords, the largest of whom is led by a man who in another time and age might’ve been called Tamerlane — China is divided into several middling-to-large powers, a mix of foreign and native dynasties, all of them battling to reclaim the Mandate and reunite the empire

:siren:Go forth and vote!:siren:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
B

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

A

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
C

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
Tentative vote for C , but I'm torn, mostly because I'm not sure how the Mandate of Heaven mechanics work. Will it help prevent a massive blob from taking over more than half the known world before the 1500s? Not that a large China is necessarily a bad thing- and it's not like Chinese history doesn't have periods of utter chaos/civil war either- but I think some flexibility in gameplay/worldbuilding is always nice.

My other question would be that, if we do end up picking B, does that mean we have the chance of there being a sucessful Taurico-Mongol invasion of Japan?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

MuteAllison posted:

Tentative vote for C , but I'm torn, mostly because I'm not sure how the Mandate of Heaven mechanics work. Will it help prevent a massive blob from taking over more than half the known world before the 1500s? Not that a large China is necessarily a bad thing- and it's not like Chinese history doesn't have periods of utter chaos/civil war either- but I think some flexibility in gameplay/worldbuilding is always nice.

My other question would be that, if we do end up picking B, does that mean we have the chance of there being a sucessful Taurico-Mongol invasion of Japan?

The AI is not great at handling mandate, but it is still a giant blob. The invasion of Japan is a possibility, assuming a Japan roughly equivalent to the base game's.

In any event, I vote for A because SOMEONE needs to be the HRE.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hellioning posted:

In any event, I vote for A because EVERYONE needs to be the HRE.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
A

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ikasuhito posted:

Hellioning posted:

In any event, I vote for A because EVERYONE needs to be the HRE.

A

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 1, 2023

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C Warring states part two, let's gooo!

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
A.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
A if only because we probably won't get another super China

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.
This Ceems the most interesting

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

A sounds neat but I'd like if a state does manage to reunify China for them not to be shackled by the usual Mandate nerfs.

If the Middle Kingdom rises from an unheard century of humiliation, it should get its place in the spotlight.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
C!

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
A for a strange China

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
A.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
A

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
C is how I imagined China to be. A is also cool though. Maybe the Europeans could have the mandate mechanics if A wins; Mandate of Carthage!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
C

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
A.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A because that's the funniest option

Kyyrewyyoae
Jul 20, 2007

Vae debilibus!
C

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
B

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

A

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Oh hey I caught up.

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
I'm not sure how much sense it makes but if someone is willing to mod in a Heavenly Chinese Empire, how can I pass that?

A