Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

MuteAllison posted:

My other question would be that, if we do end up picking B, does that mean we have the chance of there being a sucessful Taurico-Mongol invasion of Japan?

as in whether they start the game with that already conquered? that'll be decided by the dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
C

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
A

Someone's gotta use it.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

C

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

B

gently caress it, punic china

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
C Thunderdrome for the Mandate!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
An A vote here! Honestly, it seems like a good compromise combination of the other two options.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
B

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
B

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
A

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

A bit late, but :siren:Vote closed!:siren:

A — The Continent — 23 — Average Lettuce, SirPhoebos, Hellioning, Ikasuhito, CoffeeQaddaffi, karmicknight, Rubix Squid, Thordain, Rejected Fate, Lynneth, BraveLittleToaster, Ralepozozaxe, Livewire42, Technowolf, Angstrom Gothington, Rody One Half, idhrendur, sebzilla, Valiantman, ZiegeDame, CommissarMega, mcclay

B — The Empire — 6 — Raserys, Loel, L.U.I.G.I, ThatBasqueGuy, cokerpilot, Pacho

C — The Collapse — 11 — GunnerJ, MuteAllison, AJ_Impy, Yuiiut, habeasdorkus, Chatrapati, Kangxi, Kyyrewyyoae, Xelkelvos, titty_baby_, Viola the Mad

Very dominant win for Chinese HRE

The FINAL VOTE is below

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren: CK3 to EU4 Vote :siren:

The fifth and final vote, as below, will deal with the new world.

Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Yamitians, Tauricans… ever has the Punic race been at the forefront of exploration and expansion, discovering new lands and peoples in every corner of the world, known and unknown. It cannot be long before a wayward ship or ambitious explorer turns his gaze even farther afield, however, across the changeable Oceanic waves, and onto a new world ripe for conquest and colonisation.

What is waiting in this new world?

A — Native Revival — already having been exposed to peoples and diseases from the old world, the new world is dominated by several large and powerful native empiresresults in feudal-esque native kingdoms that will be much harder to colonise (countries selected will be decided by dice)

B — Punic Cousins — wherever men might tread, the Punics will trade with them, and that is true even for the enormity of the new world, where trading colonies were established in the ancient wave of expansion that set forth from Carthageseveral Puno-Polynesian settlements (exact number decided by dice) will dot the coasts of the new world, though they will begin as rather small and merchant-based powers

C — Third Rome — they might’ve been defeated, and defeated again, and enslaved, and scourged, and scattered to the seven corners of the world… but the Romans will not diea Roman-Norse kingdom will stretch across the east coast (size and strength decided by dice)

:siren:Go forth and vote!:siren:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
C

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

A. We already have too many Romes and too many Carthages.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

C

We have far too few romes, actually

besides, everyone knows fourth third rome is new jersey

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

B

the city that never sleeps, the big apple, that’s right baby we’re headed to littler carthage

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

C

We have far too few romes, actually

besides, everyone knows fourth third rome is new jersey

C for Emperor Antonius Soprano

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
C

I just can't quit you Rome.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
C

Per angusta ad augusta

And add a little hellenic Phocaean colony at Cuba called Little Atlantis.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B More carthages!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

A

Carthage has its homeland, the strongest empire in the world, the steppe and every player in India as well as its successor states all around.

Rome still reigns in faith to the north of Europe and may get its day now with a conqueror to finally return home.

But America.... America is the promise of something new.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
A, if we are to go in the spirit of an alternative history

jakethecap
Jan 17, 2021
C

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
A

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.
Anything But C

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
C

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
My initial instinct is C , but I'm wondering if there'd be some overlap with A in that case.

I imagine that the Norse-Romans bringing over some of the other hemisphere's diseases would leave the indigenous populations weaked and ripe for small-scale conquests, but it has the chance to also give a lot of the Great Lakes/ Missisipi River-adjacent cultures further inland a chance to rebound and be more on parity with the invaders. Could be neat to have both factions vying for control by the time Cathage finally discovers them.

That's just me fan-theorizing, of course. Dice will do what dice will do!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Should have put C at the top so I wouldn't waste time reading those wrong options.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

MuteAllison posted:

My initial instinct is C , but I'm wondering if there'd be some overlap with A in that case.

I imagine that the Norse-Romans bringing over some of the other hemisphere's diseases would leave the indigenous populations weaked and ripe for small-scale conquests, but it has the chance to also give a lot of the Great Lakes/ Missisipi River-adjacent cultures further inland a chance to rebound and be more on parity with the invaders. Could be neat to have both factions vying for control by the time Cathage finally discovers them.

there's definitely some wiggle room, and I'm always willing to incorporate interesting suggestions from the thread

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Perhaps a Romano-Norse north spreading from the Vinland route, and a Punic south, Carthaginian traders finding the route to Brazil?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

a neo romulus and remus forming Nova-est Roma in Detroit with the help of some locals and forming the Iron Kingdom

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

MuteAllison posted:

For the past century the gleaming gems of the continent, Cahokia and Nova Nova Roma, have been locked in a struggle for dominance.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
A

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

C

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Yuiiut posted:

Anything But C

This. A sounds potentially fun, but B feels more appropriate.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Taking on Rome while having a Romaboo mod was great fun, but Rome 2: Electric Boogaloo was honestly a let down. I don't think a part 3 will bring back the magic unless it gets *all* the crazy-good EU4 mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

A