Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
B pays off a bit better.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
A

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A
I feel like both the Normans and some Punic offshoot are capable of establishing themselves in the New World without our assistance.
However, I also don't think early colonisation from the Europeans is the way to go. Western Europe already has good trade links through Africa and doesn't have much impetus to go West en mass. Especially since most states are more fractious and less developed than in the real world. Let America discover Europe.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
B

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
A

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

A.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
B

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I really want more Romes, but I want strong American natives more.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

A

There is a veritable dearth of content that has Native Americans/First Nations be the actual masters of their destinies. Too often I see them being either traumatized, exploited, or otherwise belittled, especially in games like EU4.

We have enough Romes and Carthages; let’s have the Indigenous Peoples drive the bus, alright? They were the ones originally at the wheel, after all.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
A

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

B

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Let’s go with A for some new stuff.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
C is the obvious no-choice, we've already got too many "Oh no, all Romes" going about not just in this LP but in others.

I want to go A, but same as above it feels like every LP and their mother always go for the "There's just locals all over the place showing the Europeans what-for" route. It's fun to see what the LPer comes up with for it, but at the same time it occasionally grows a bit over-done.

So in the end I think B is the choice for me. It plays into the "We're all Carthage on this blessid day" gimmick of this LP, and I don't think there's been a big Mega-LP which went for the "There are already pesky Europeans here" which weren't just Vinland (disregarding the fact that Punics aren't Europeans, but I digress).

Luhood fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 14, 2023

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Could do B with a dash of A (ie B is the reason for the disease resistance underlying A)

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Voting A, but at least one of the native empires should have assimilated a Carthage as part of their founding myth.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Yeah, an an A voter I wouldn't mind if there was a Punic and/or Roman colony, I'd just prefer if it wasn't America's thing.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

Voting A, but at least one of the native empires should have assimilated a Carthage as part of their founding myth.

"Lost Punic colony as local Tula/Teotihuacan equivalent mythic god-ancestor city" could work, sure. A, with maybe a dash of B is my vote.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hail Caesar

aka "Oops, all Romes!"

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

C for stupid meme potential

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
C.

Third Rome best Rome.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
A

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ZiegeDame posted:

Yeah, same (A), but with a little Roman colony/state added alongside the Carthaginian colony/state.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
B

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
A

Toningly
Sep 28, 2006
B

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
A

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
B

This LP is a failure if HoI4 isn't a bunch of variously Punic Spidermen pointing at each other with guns.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren:Vote closed!:siren:

A — Native Revival — 26 — Hellioning, Rejected Fate, L.U.I.G.I, CoffeeQaddaffi, SirPhoebos, Rubix Squid, Lynneth, Ralepozozaxe, Average Lettuce, Kangxi, BraveLittleToaster, Chatrapati, Innocent_Bystander, Technowolf, Alikchi, habeasdorkus, HereticMIND, Joey Steel, KYOON GRIFFEY JR, ZiegeDame, Asterite34, Rody One Half, ManifunkDestiny, CommissarMega, Grizzwold, Pacho

B — Punic Cousins — 12 — Soup du Jour, AJ_Impy, Yuiiut, Snipee, habituallyred, Angstrom Gothington, GunnerJ, idhrendur, Luhood, Xelkelvos, Toningly, Captain Oblivious

C — Third Rome — 13 — karmicknight, ThatBasqueGuy, Lord Cyrahzax, Thordain, Sparq, jakethecap, Raserys, MuteAllison, Ikasuhito, QuoProQuid, sebzilla, silentsnack, Livewire42

Looks like the europeans are in for a surprise when they hit the new world. As per requests, I'll work in a couple states that have incorporated Carthaginian / Roman founding myths and failed colonies...

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

On this day, February 5, representatives of Rome and Carthage signed the peace treaty that officially ended the Third Punic War.

This event occurred in 1985. The treaty was, admittedly, largely a symbolic gesture by that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Asterite34 posted:

On this day, February 5, representatives of Rome and Carthage signed the peace treaty that officially ended the Third Punic War.

This event occurred in 1985. The treaty was, admittedly, largely a symbolic gesture by that point.

I hear the Carthaginian side remains quite salty about the whole thing