Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Chatrapati posted:

I don't have loads of experience with EUIV, but if you can reduce super-blobbing, C feels most suitable. Otherwise- B.

yeah with eu4 you tend to have a few massive blobs by the end of the game, so unless I manufacture Disasters or something to knock them down a few pegs, that's what'll happen - especially since their land will be the most valuable at the start of the game

in general I've made some changes to curtail expansion a bit, and spin off a few regions as vassals and colonies going into victoria, but for the most part the point of eu4 is blobbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I would personally love to see a combination of some form of Reformation (maybe something like trying to reassert the Antiochen creed or based off it?) and also Religious Resurgences (Islam, Judaism, etc.) fire off in the region to shake it up

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Vote closed!:siren:

A — HRE — 9 — Raserys, Rubix Squid, GunnerJ, KYOON GRIFFEY JR, Thordain, SirPhoebos, BraveLittleToaster, wedgekree, Kangxi

B — Middle Ground — 26 — Valiantman, Lynneth, Lord Cyrahzax, Rejected Fate, MuteAllison, CoffeeQaddaffi, Viola the Mad, NeverHelm, Erwin the German, AJ_Impy, Sherbert Hoover, Ralepozozaxe, ThatBasqueGuy, Luhood, TheFlyingLlama, habeasdorkus, Technowolf, jakethecap, Hellioning, Rody One Half, Fuzzy McDoom, Captain Oblivious, idhrendur, ZiegeDame, Tiger Crazy, Snipee

C — Absolute Empire — 4 — L.U.I.G.I, Chatrapati, Livewire42, Average Lettuce

B wins!

Vote 3 begins below

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren: CK3 to EU4 Vote :siren:

The third vote will deal with the religious reformation.

The religions of the known world have coalesced into half a dozen major blocs, including the Jewish khanates of steppe, the Christian heartland in the Elissid Crowns, the rising Islamic caliphate in Carthage, and the pagan cults of Europa. With the advent of technologies such as the printing press, however, the possibility of radical reformation striking one of these blocs will become a reality…

Which religion will be hit by reformation?

A — Judaism — stretching over the enormity of the steppes, there are a thousand flavours to Judaism, but the ever-warring khans will soon be turning to religious justification for their raids and plunderings, transforming the Jewish faith once againa random Jewish tag will be granted the hidden ‘Great Conquer’ flag, giving them huge bonuses to conquest and conversion

B — Christianity — the Patristic church has enabled the rapid rise of the Elissid dynasty, but such a faith cannot hope to unite the many disparate cultures of the empire that has resulted, with a religious revolution that seeks to level the excesses and greed of the church becoming all but certainduring the age of reformation, an anti-Pope revolution will hit the Patristic Church, leading to religious wars between the old guard and the new movement

C — Islam — the caliphate of Carthage believes it her destiny to spread her wings over all Europa, but there are many who raise questions about the Carthaginian right to rule; the Punics are not descended from the Prophet, after all, so how can they ever be the rightly guided rulers of the Ummahduring the age of reformation, Carthage will be hit by a disaster that will seek to topple the Punic Caliphate in favour of a new Prophetic movement

D — Pagans — the native faiths of Europa have been at war for a thousand years, under endless assault by the barbaric hordes pouring forth from that place they call the ‘holy land’; but action demands reaction, blood yields blood, and the faith of our fathers and grandfathers will yet prospera random pagan tag will be granted the hidden ‘Great Conqueror’ flag, giving them huge bonuses to conquest and conversion

:siren:Go forth and vote!:siren:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
D

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

D

(fingers crossed for Rome)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
D

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

B

Look, the Elissids have had it too good for too long. If they're going to be the birthplace of new thought and development, they're gonna have consequences

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
D

I want some random religion that pray 20 different gods to decide to wage holy wars in the name of Artemis or whatever they pray.

Although I must say, B sound interesting.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
D

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

D

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B
D would be cool too, but most of Europe and even a lot of West Africa is already pagan. Unless Druidism doesn't count.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chatrapati posted:

B
D would be cool too, but most of Europe and even a lot of West Africa is already pagan. Unless Druidism doesn't count.

Yea the idea behind D is that a random Druidic or Cultus Deorum minor will get the flag - it'll be quite similar to the great conquer mechanic from Anbennar, for those who've played the mod

it'll also only really take effect in the age of reformation, so the tag will be selected from those still around around during that age

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

B

While I do yearn for more rome, it fits well with B earlier and could lead to the blob becoming a shattered hellscape instead of, well, a blob

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

D

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

B

While I do yearn for more rome, it fits well with B earlier and could lead to the blob becoming a shattered hellscape instead of, well, a blob

Rejected Fate posted:

B

Look, the Elissids have had it too good for too long. If they're going to be the birthplace of new thought and development, they're gonna have consequences

i'm sold.

B

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
quite frankly i just want someone to clean up the horrible border gore in europe and the steppe

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
a weak mentality.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
C

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
D for Druidic Domination

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Rejected Fate posted:

B

I like D but this makes more sense. B.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

SirPhoebos posted:

D

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D Religion and sense are not necessarily kin.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
I assume B is mostly the normal Centers of Reformation thing? How would that work in a place that is not HRE-like collection of tiny countries but just a few medium-to-large sized ones?

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.
Probably futile but one lAst ride for the horsemen sounds good, they always get sidelined in EU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

D

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
D.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
D provided something happens that actually reforms their religion in an interesting way.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Valiantman posted:

I assume B is mostly the normal Centers of Reformation thing? How would that work in a place that is not HRE-like collection of tiny countries but just a few medium-to-large sized ones?

yep, more aggressive centers of reformation that will guarantee a few kingdoms converting, plus ad hoc events to draw surrounding powers into the religious wars

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
D

Arioch
Oct 6, 2018
D

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

D

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Destroy the border gore, give me some D!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
A if only for discussions of divergent Talmudic interpretation ending in wars led by armored Cossacks.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
B.

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

D.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
B to shake up the blob. And because antipopes are always a fun time.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A