Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Going with E too. Because a world where Rome never really became 'A thing ' as much as it did sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

If I might make an argument. Carthage means we start with a Republic, possibly allowing us to create a setting where monarchies and emperors are far less a thing.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Hellioning posted:

I mean, it's not like Rome being a republic worked out great for that 'less monarchies or emperors' thing in our world.

Well yes, but it has the wisdom of goons behind it. Let me tell you about an island called Crete...

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

I mean, Hashashash has said they're just rolling 1d2 if it continues to tie. So it's a vote for a die roll, which is valid of course.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

destroying rome is passé, the only way to truly neutralize rome is to seduce it

it's our enemies to lovers arc

We will correct Aeneas' mistake.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Fuckin' finally, Roma Delenda Est

No, better. Roma Deleta est.

Not that it matters, since Latin isn't going to be that important a language.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

A

I mean, what's the worst that could happen if we leave those remnants in Gaul? They make Gaul being the inheritor of the Roman Empire their whole identity and form some kind of fascist personality cult or something?

Wait...

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Oooh, you know, with it being a decentralized coalition of nations with a similar culture, it might be a candidate for being this world's version of the HRE, come EU4