Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Look, they can have Italy and we'll have everything else. Surely they'll be satisfied with that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I mean, if you ask goons, “should we destroy Rome,” you know what they’re gonna say.

They’ll say, “what if we could date Rome instead?”

megane
Jun 20, 2008

How many people died in that war? Millions?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I feel like we need a : hist99 : emote to rub it in.

Combo of :hist101: and :eng99:

sic transit Gloria Estefan

megane
Jun 20, 2008

A!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

B A B

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I didn't vote for it, but I can respect it. Chaos reigns :vomarine:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

B B B, Mediterranean vacations for everyone

megane
Jun 20, 2008

DDD :getout:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Let’s go with D, A, Krete

megane
Jun 20, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

The Cultus-Deorum has a saga of Jupiter marrying Loki. It started as a trick, but the Aesir and Rumir are too committed to back out of it now.

Mercury-Odin and Vulcan-Thor aren’t syncretic gods, they’re slash-fiction pairings

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Truly he was the most metal of kings.

e: In a thousand years they'll be writing books about how obviously fictionalized this guy's life is. He married a giant shieldmaiden he met when she invaded his country? Unlikely. He kidnapped an imperial heir by accident? Absurd. He sailed a thousand miles to burn down the greatest city in the world out of pure whim? Clearly the people of the time made up some tall tales about their beloved King, but we can't take such musings at face value.

megane fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 21, 2023

megane
Jun 20, 2008

People talk about “shattered world” mods but they never ask who shattered it :getin:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That map deserves a slow, dramatic zoom out while O Fortuna slowly crescendos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

:tif: