Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
D seems like the one with the most potential to be interesting early on from what I know of Imperator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Changing vote from D to E.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

hashashash posted:

Yea I mean that 100% would've happened, I don't think I've ever seen an Imperator game where Rome didn't cover half of Europe at least

I've had games where it didn't but they tend to be ones where I start as a mid to large sized power near or in Italy and make it priority #1 to organize some Rome strangling as soon as possible. Sometimes setting it of before even unpausing.

Rome also seem prone to just randomly implode into incredibly destructive multi-phase civil wars in some games which can put a damper on them a bit in my experience. I think its to do with the Republic collapsing into Empire mechanics and Rome's missions sometimes directing them that way interacting with the character holdings mechanics.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
I'd say we're at the point in Imperator where you've effectively won the game and the rest is a victory lap but I also notice that we've not seen anything east of Greece for a while.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Well we've beaten one regional hegemon in a destructive multi-generational conflict.

What's another destructive multi-generational conflict with a regional hegemon between friends.

C - Gisgo

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Gadir that we beat up really early in this campaign was actually a Phoenician colony. They're a pretty neat campaign if you want to start as a single tile city state and turn into purple Carthage.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
B Carthage sort of feels like its already got the elements needed for some seriously bad times present in the narrative now.

C I’m not sure what egypts deal has been so far beyond fighting the Selucids and having rebellions so lets roll the dice.

C Likewise with the Selucids.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
C

B

A

Lets have a big switcheroo.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
A B B

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
C E Meroe

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Rejected Fate posted:

I would absolutely love to play this mod.

Same, though perhaps after the end of the CK section of the LP.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Stronger states forming earlier due to stronger than OTL trading links to north africa because of the strong and stable Numidia and Carthage?

Lost Carthaginian colony?

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
A lets explore the mystery of the druids.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Having a good general and good knights also both make a huge difference in battles. Having a large number of high prowess knights can really swing battles especially in the early game even if the other side outnumbers you or has slightly better men at arms.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
I'm going to go with A though I'd be happy with B.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Let's go with A

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
Hard choice but I’ll say B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
C - It feels thematically the strongest for the narrative of this LP especially given Carthage has had a political resurgence.