Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Yea

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

So how high is the revolt risk in our new provinces?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A in the hope that in EU we go colonial, then switch to that colony and revolt against our corrupt overlords, which isn't something a ParaLP has done before

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

NewMars posted:

1. Plagues, oh god, the plagues,

Luca_024 posted:

It terrifies me to think what the Plague of Justinian will look like in a world where trade routes are both more active and far-reaching than they were in the OTL.

Thus sayeth THE LORD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMn5xcwpzUk

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

NewMars posted:

Note for those reading the epilogue: Toscana is Tuscany.

Which means our Norse friends are a little too north, and this is probably Pisa

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Tiger Crazy posted:

B

I like to think that an equivalent to the Justinian plague is going to ravage our trading Empire and weaken the central authority to the point when the ruling families take power over their weakened domains.

C

The same plague that ravaged Carthage is going to be a toss up for Egypt. They are far more centralized and it is possible they may survive or they may not.

A

The Seleucids without Rome and India to bother them had a golden age with minor border skirmishes. The main factor is going to the influence of the Christians.

This

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

So if I got the interlude chapter right, are these Germanic dudes looking for Rome from Rome on the Elbe?

Yeah, it's either Romano-Germans or Romano-Norse looking for Roma and mistaking Tuscany for Latium

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B C A

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

C C C

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B, E, and Meroe

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

hashashash posted:

if anyone's decent at Latin or Romance stuff --- a decent name for a Romano-Norse religion and culture would be useful

I mean, the OTL Byzantine Greeks called themselves "Romans" until well after the Ottoman conquests...

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

hashashash posted:

yea not sure what triggers that particular description, but it must have a low bar if a 7 year old has apparently mastered many skills

I think its just stats-based. I think that triggers if your heir has 8+ in three or more.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

The description makes it sound like you started three offensive wars at once, which I can't understand the reasoning behind.

If you significantly outnumber several smaller enemies who are close together it's usually much faster to declare war on all of them at once so you don't have to waste time resummoning your levies

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B. We shall have all the North Sea coasts!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Told y'all we just shoulda headed west and not stopped til we hit the New World.

hashashash posted:

i've looked around, but there's no decision or anything, so i don't think so

You have to do it through the religion menu.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Let us go C those steppes!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

hashashash posted:

he's deffo considering some legislation to tackle that very serious issue

What's his position on holes in walls? Yea or Nay?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1gDSao1eA

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B