Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A

Alls Pharoah in love and war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I’m from Utica and I’ve never heard of the city of lol.

It’s a Carthage possession.

Edit: I forgot about Boi. We should give all of Rome's lands to Boi and let Boi rule the map.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 24, 2022

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
When the game first came out Rome would just sit and do nothing, so they turned the take-over everyone dial WAY up.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Turns out Rome is pretty OP in the Rome game.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Always bet your money on Money.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
How could I not go A.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Carthage Ends

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
With the deifying of their previous kings, and their position in germany, it look's like this Rome is going for the AI backup up of a sort of Holy Roman Empire of sorts.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Chili Con Carne because I like it spicy.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
CBA

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
BAB Let's get ready to RUMBLE! Each Diadochi picks it's own religion and goes to town.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 23, 2023

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A, E, Voluntia

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

habeasdorkus posted:

The Romans still gonna end up in Byzantion, except as this world's version of Varangians.

In a twist, the Greeks will go up to Scandanavia to be special-intelligence style protectors for the Black Roman Emperor. The Black Romans will have the loyaly and fighting down, but won't know how to be sneaky bnackstabbers, thus needing greeks for the job.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The Bush Elephant is the largest elephant, but the North African Forest Elephant (the Carthage one that in real life is extinct) was real small. I'm pretty sure I only know this because of Civ 5.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

By popular demand posted:

Wikipedia has this thing, both METAL and insultingly stupid to say:

And that's a good definition of the roman mindset which modern societies inherited IRL.
This game though can end differently, start a massive breeding program and trample the world underfoot!

Even better, turn the ruins of Rome into the elephant breeding grounds.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Li'l Carthage, what a scamp!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Buschmaki posted:

I think the salt trade was important even in antiquity so maybe a commercial empire centered in North Africa would lead to closer contact through the oasis trade routes or something?

Yeah do this kind of thing. Just a bunch of Mansa Musas with direct trade-contact with Carthage. Maybe their own golden age area with a couple strong united Republics with Carthaginian influences. Also, they have elephants in that area as well...

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Buschmaki posted:

*boring OTL killjoy voice* I think African Bush Elephants are undomesticable

West Africa get's a dark age from their ill-fated attempts to tame Bush Elephants. Their lands are in ruins.

Also looking at the map Sibera and East Tibet area are in a pretty The Shattering (available for download on the Steam Workshop) as well. Siberia would be easy as they are just a bunch of groups that have had to deal directly with getting beat on by the Huns, and may really hate them for it. Not sure about East Tibet area, maybe a little bit of some china stuff?

Edit: also Horn of Africa. Looking at the last update of Imperator, Axum had a bunch of it, so probably just give them lots of the area.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 24, 2023

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Maybe West Africa is were the Punic and Abrahamic faiths clash for dominance. The Punic trader realms vs. the Abrahamic kingdoms.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I bet he died of a stomach ulcer, some real bad adonibaal pain.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A, but let's also figure out how to brew la potion magique to help us win.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
We are going to soon hard pivot to Ireland, then Iceland, then Greenland, and then inevitably end up as French Canada.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

hashashash posted:

i did consider start as Eretz Sh'hor (those punics in Finland), but it would've taken forever to build a power base strong enough to migrate somewhere else

Why would we have to migrate out of Finland? We'd be in the perfect spot to find the Sampo. (I say this as someone who has played so many Ck games in Finland.)

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Question Hashim, for all those "special events", did you find those or did you make those? Because they were pretty amazing.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Soon turned out had a heart of glass.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The bold strategy of only dying while you have one single heir alive is continuing to keep the realm big.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rody One Half posted:

Having casually destroyed the two heavily advertised features of our little AltHistory, I kind of wonder where we go from here

Just casually causing a dark age out of boredom.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

NewMars posted:

Yeah, it turns out that unless you have military and social structures that are designed to resist them, naval raiding by vikings is really really hard to stop.

But Rome was the vikings, and we’re the (kind-of) French. We were celebrating Topsy-Turvy day. When do we get our Hunchback King?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A I’m pretty sure I voted for Egypt for something before, and Ra-damnit I’m going to vote for them again.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
No guarantee that they could have stopped them, but lol that Metallo killed Carthage when they could haven been a possible challange to the Caliphate.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

hashashash posted:

it is kinda funny, i might just roll with it and see if they can do anything impressive in eu4

Anglo-Saxon invasion of the new world. however you say Vinland in Anglo-Saxon.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
“Poor predictable Phoenicians, always picks elephants.”

“Good ol’ elephants, nothing beats those!”

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Just noticed the cheese colored papacy in Constaninople (or whatever it would be called in this timeline).

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I vote we take a steppe across the C.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Voted A. before, voting A again.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
B

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Wow, the Kushites ain't doing that bad down in the Horn of Africa.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Can you also show us what's going on in the horn of Africa and the area along thhe nile, as well as the Arabian peninsula?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A. for the Carthagenaissance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
B.