Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's a school of thought that says a properly balanced GS game will, on observe, trend mostly historical.

There's another school that says Rome should be the strongest and coolest always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hashashash posted:

huh, in that case I think one of the mods I've been using (the one that brings in historical characters like Caesar and Hannibal)

THAT'S A MOD?

They made a Rome game without Caesar and Hannibal???

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

1stGear posted:

The game starts in 304 BC while Hannibal and Caesar were born in 247 and 100 BC respectively. None of the Paradox games force historical events to happen or people to exist (except for broad stuff like the Black Plague or whatever).

I assumed it had multiple start dates that might include them, as you DO see in other Paradox games.

I guess that might have been on the dev timeline at some point before the game was killed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Romans probably won't hold Forever Grudges!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think it'd be really funny to still have an active, angry, revanchist Roman Republic in central europe

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That's a little guy

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

wokow6 posted:

Carthage C, Ptolemaic C, and Seleukid C.

E: like as cool as it would be to have these polities around in the medieval era, you can't put dice on the table and expect us to not roll them

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 21, 2023

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DDD

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

E E E

I had a whole thing about the natural spread of religion given differing trade routes and state borders but you have us dice

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

B
A
Hellenic League

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Even better, turn the ruins of Rome into the elephant breeding grounds.

Realistically, presuming that Carthage as a broader entity doesn't entirely implode of course, the ruins of Rome would probably just get resettled since it's a good spot for a settlement.

It's what happened with Carthage on our end, in fact. Roman Carthage was a major port.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Having casually destroyed the two heavily advertised features of our little AltHistory, I kind of wonder where we go from here

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

B

Having conquered Old Carthage, we must return to Even Older Carthage.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wait, al-Mansur the Umayyad?

Something about that doesn't seem right

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hashashash posted:

ah yea, loaded a save and it was there. never realised that, you'd think there would be an alert or something

there's never been a better time for rank cowardice!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Free Greece

What would better prove our new guy's benevolence to all the world (versus grandad's not so benevolent nature) than liberating the occupied Republic of old instead of annexing it?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Voting for A, there really is no reason for us to change.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C

I got more than enough Steppes out of Grey Hunter's thread.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'll change from C to B.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Valiantman posted:

It looks like C is the most faithful to the actual situation but I fear it will become even worse blob than the original Ottomans very fast.

So I'm sure you can make B work there. HRE the Elissid Empire just isn't.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

D

(fingers crossed for Rome)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A because that's the funniest option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011