Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

It's been so long since I've been on here but god I've missed a Paradox Mega-LP. I'm only sad that I got here after a big set of votes, but great work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I'm rooting for you, Christo-Buddhism! And you Armenia, Zoroastrianism's not out of this yet!

Does Druidic also have the reincarnation tenet?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I hope we can leave a nice legendary weapon in Lil' Carthage with that useful Sorcerous Metallurgy tradition trait before packing our bags.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I would absolutely love to play this mod.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I'd love to see even chains that either push a reformation of a West African faith or kick off an off-shoot of one of the Abrahamic ones to really explode in the region.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Truly an auspicious Punic victory that heralds further strengthening of both our realms!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Would we be able to get to see the Holy Sites for Canaanite?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

C

Would you all throw the legacy of Canmi to the wayside? It is he who fought the Gauls and Slavs! It was he who was undoubtedly murdered by them! By failing to press on our advantage, you give these enemies of Yamit exactly what they wanted! For shame!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Well, maybe we'll pick up Druidism. That seems pretty cool.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Baalhanno was certainly an interestign reign, I'm sure furture Tanit writers will have fun adapting his life. But hey, we have our young martial king, lets see what glroy he takes us to!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Metallo, the bane of Empires, who reigned with a crown of Romans and sat on a throne of Carthage.

Come on Elissa, time to get to Tyre and go full circle!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Ah, a nice peaceful and prosperous ruler. And a major gain for Druidism!

A - Egypt was, last we saw it, in disrepair and ruin. Nothing a Magonid can't fix.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

...If I may, my liege, I have a suggestion on what faith we should convert to...

And technically I believe Phoenicia has our grandmother city, so all we need to do is beat them up!

I'm glad the Numidians have been able to turn the tables somewhat, good for them. Christo-Buddhism seems to be doing pretty well. Druidism got some BIG gains in Iberia, major boon for them. And that Ari Vatsa is an easily overlooked part of the map but might become neat in the future!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I mean hey, maybe we can keep skirting our way around the coastline of Anatolia to keep us safe.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Wait, did they get a woman Caliph? I've seen it before but I'm always confused how.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Don't panic everyone! We have provinces in Anatolia, we can buddy up with the Hellenic League and eke out a living there until this whole Caliphate and/or gunpowder thing blows over!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Well drat. Although I have to admit, the Caliphate's borders do look pretty good right now.

I look forward to see where we end up from here! Crimea, perhaps?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Great to see this back! Anatolia could use some prettying up on the border front but has potential! RIP Zoroastrianism. Gauls stronk. Druidic is doing pretty loving fantastic for itself as a major faith, as has cultus deorum. Doesn't look like any abrahamic faith is going to make it much further west. India is my favourite, keep chugging along.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

hashashash posted:

Right off the bat we need to deal with our Anatolian borders, but yep Caliphate after that -- I've given them some internal instability events as well, so we might see them start to struggle a bit

I take it that's the Mamluk event, is there any Rise of the Shia or Shia caliphate event potentially?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

They gonna make many a historic drama about Gerbaal.

Also by becoming pseudo-Byzantium, have we done the unthinkable and become ourselves a Rome?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

A are we to leave our Alexander after his victory? Shall we be as those troops at the Indus?

Nay! Let us see Olorix through, not only to build an Empire but to exceed Alexander and build one that lasts!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

B

Ya' make a blob, you gotta break a blob.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Ooooh, I think lunacy might give us the chance for some interesting choices in faith...

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

hashashash posted:

precisely what i'm thinking

and since he's insane, I'm happy to take thread opinions as to what he'll be thinking religion-wise

The current big boys are Patristic, Pharonic, Antiochene, Tengrism and Cultus Deorum.

Let's get an off-brand version of Manichaenism. Gnostic faith where the Holy Spirit, at the will of the Sky Father, incarnates as holy rulers to prepare for the Eternal Empire of the Sky reigned by Jesus Christ or Misicatengrin, as the end of Days. This is opposed by the spirits of Hell who wish to spawn their own rival empire, the end of days being a final battle between the two.

We can call it Philosoraenism

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Those levels of conquest do seem to evidence our Lord's philosophy.

Although what is to come may be a hell of a criticism.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I'm sure we can talk reasonably to this Temujin fellow.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

B

The Khan has already achieved such lofty heights, let us turn our consul to another.

Also I want to see if we can go give Christo-Buddhism a helping hand, they're fun guys.

Glad to have this back!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Yeeeeah I think this made for a good ending. India has some strong states with Christo-Buddhism in a prime position. Glad to see Islam still exists even with the sheer dominance of the Elissid Crown and Aegyptos. Personally, I approve of the religious blobs, there's still a fair variety in the world. Anbiya has taken Druidism and has some northern coast as well, might it justify giving them some tech/european contact stuff in the future? Makes West Africa a little more interesting.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Oh, can we have a look at the Wiltshire culture? I'd like to see how celtic they are or if the Norman conquerors have a bigger influence. It is important to distinguish if we're gonna have a Welsh Britain or a Slightly Different English Britain.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

A - North Africa

It began with Carthage, and it will continue from Carthage. From our cultural home springs the new enlightenment, forced to look for new routes by an equally powerful, religiously opposed empire in the East.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I'm going with B - it seems closer to what we actually have and in the hopes it'll lead to a couple of regional powers rather than one power omnoming the entire crown and steamrolling over everything.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

I would personally love to see a combination of some form of Reformation (maybe something like trying to reassert the Antiochen creed or based off it?) and also Religious Resurgences (Islam, Judaism, etc.) fire off in the region to shake it up

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

B

Look, the Elissids have had it too good for too long. If they're going to be the birthplace of new thought and development, they're gonna have consequences

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

A sounds neat but I'd like if a state does manage to reunify China for them not to be shackled by the usual Mandate nerfs.

If the Middle Kingdom rises from an unheard century of humiliation, it should get its place in the spotlight.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

A

Carthage has its homeland, the strongest empire in the world, the steppe and every player in India as well as its successor states all around.

Rome still reigns in faith to the north of Europe and may get its day now with a conqueror to finally return home.

But America.... America is the promise of something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Yeah, an an A voter I wouldn't mind if there was a Punic and/or Roman colony, I'd just prefer if it wasn't America's thing.