Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
BCA

I liked the idea of ascendant Numidians taking over the coasts, Egypt could go either way following the revolutions over there, and the Seleukids don't have any external threats, but might have a new trading partner in India?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A, A, Mediomatricia

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A Pharaonic Christinity is phab.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
We've already tried Jerusalem, let's play as the warmonger and explode- A-ish

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

hashashash posted:

I’ll put a full state of the world post together in 1200 AD, so for now have a 1099 world map:

[timg]

This world map is rubbish. C- at best (this is a vote for C, let's meet some Buddhists).

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B Onwards!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I'd also like to look at any interesting cultures, and the new muslim religion too.

I don't like the prevalence of hyphenated cultures in this game (English people don't call themselves 'Anglo-Normans'!), here are a few ideas for those I can see:
Numido-Punic: Bunichit
Gallo-Punic: Keltich
Graeco-Punic: Grichi
Galato-Phoenician: Tarachim

Dance Officer posted:

Looking at the religious map there is potential for some positively cataclysmic religious wars.

Christianity and Islam seem particularly conflicted. Could be very deadly considering how populated the Middle-East seems to be.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

C makes the most sense.

It is where Carthage began and where Carthage returned, straddling the axis of the world. Nowhere else would truly be plausible.

Also I appreciate that more influential than the name of Mago in truth is Elissa, and it all began with a man who was VERY fight horny for the giant woman who beat him in a fight…

Rennaisance artists depicting mythological beauties in this timeline do not paint pale women coming out from shells, but muscled behemoths itching to have a go.

A makes more sense to me anyway, or possibly E.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
If C ends up winning, I think it'd be interesting if Colonialism started in Asia. If the Elissids are facilitating trade between east and west, then there's not much impetus for the North Africans to start sailing around Africa or to America for luxuries, and the europeans are too backwater in the first place. But perhaps there is something stopping the Chinese from trading west, like some aggressive Filosiric horde or something.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I don't have loads of experience with EUIV, but if you can reduce super-blobbing, C feels most suitable. Otherwise- B.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 23, 2023

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B
D would be cool too, but most of Europe and even a lot of West Africa is already pagan. Unless Druidism doesn't count.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
C is how I imagined China to be. A is also cool though. Maybe the Europeans could have the mandate mechanics if A wins; Mandate of Carthage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A
I feel like both the Normans and some Punic offshoot are capable of establishing themselves in the New World without our assistance.
However, I also don't think early colonisation from the Europeans is the way to go. Western Europe already has good trade links through Africa and doesn't have much impetus to go West en mass. Especially since most states are more fractious and less developed than in the real world. Let America discover Europe.