Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
Not gonna lie, it does seem a little wild that we single-handedly brought down two of the great empires of the time, but I suppose it works well for a "Dark Ages" timeline. Still a little disappointing that we managed to beat Rome AND Carthage that easily...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013

Kanthulhu posted:

Spoiler alert: Paradox games usually very easy if you know what to do.

For sure they are. Though Paradox has done work to combat the immediate ease of blobbing, once you get the ball rolling it's hard to stop. I'm glad we switched away from playing True Carthage though, just to spice the LP up.

hashashash posted:

I mean, you can kinda think about it like Ragnar sacking Paris in our timeline -- the Franks were obviously way stronger (Charlemagne himself ruling just a generation prior), but that doesn't mean they're not vulnerable. Similarly, Carthage was (and still is) stronger than us, but if you hit them at the right time they ain't stopping you

i'd like to get a king who's in over their head just to show how much of shitshow ck3 can be when you play suboptimally, but unfortunately so far our rulers have been pretty good

I hadn't considered that! Pretty good point overall- and it's still an awesome read of an LP! Love it so far. Thanks for all the hard work! I'm interested to see where it all goes...

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
A!

Also, dang, back-to-back with these amazing rulers!

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
These are some of my favorite part of these LPs! I can definitely see myself reading through this one multiple times.

That Being said, though C is pretty accurate in-game, I think B opens up a lot of opportunites for both regional powers, and for the chance for a blob if all goes well for them.

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
Not to Be basic, but as much I think D could be neat, I can't help but see B making sense as far as what we voted on for the Elissids: it's a perfect caulron of enlightenment and potential conflict. Even if they manage to hold their vassalized blobs in place for a hot minute, there's a great catalyst there for future conflict.

That being said, I am very excited to see what may come of the Druidic/Pagan European cultures...

MuteAllison fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 27, 2023

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
Tentative vote for C , but I'm torn, mostly because I'm not sure how the Mandate of Heaven mechanics work. Will it help prevent a massive blob from taking over more than half the known world before the 1500s? Not that a large China is necessarily a bad thing- and it's not like Chinese history doesn't have periods of utter chaos/civil war either- but I think some flexibility in gameplay/worldbuilding is always nice.

My other question would be that, if we do end up picking B, does that mean we have the chance of there being a sucessful Taurico-Mongol invasion of Japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
My initial instinct is C , but I'm wondering if there'd be some overlap with A in that case.

I imagine that the Norse-Romans bringing over some of the other hemisphere's diseases would leave the indigenous populations weaked and ripe for small-scale conquests, but it has the chance to also give a lot of the Great Lakes/ Missisipi River-adjacent cultures further inland a chance to rebound and be more on parity with the invaders. Could be neat to have both factions vying for control by the time Cathage finally discovers them.

That's just me fan-theorizing, of course. Dice will do what dice will do!