Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There is only one Chris Jericho and this is where we will appreciate him!!!

this is a serious thread where we are only to either post our appreciation for Chris Jericho or empty quote equally valid appreciations for THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK N ROLLA. anyone whose post is NOT appreciative of THE OCHO and all that he has accomplished in sports entertainment, you can GFY! this is a high society where we validate each other's praise of the #BWEBSEE

its the truth

chris jericho loves monster energy!

chris jericho....and kevin smith.....only one thing to say: FREAKIN. EPIC. :D

from lionheart to y2j to the LIST of JERICHO, there is nobody else out there who knows how to reinvent himself over and over again. just simply the G.O.A.T.

the painmaker, just proof that he has the most creative mind in puroresu....that's japanese wrestling for you wwe fans!

and did you know? the greatness of the man of 1,004 holds (armbar, anyone?) doesn't just stop at pro wrestling....the man has a frickin rock band too!

that's right, he's the lead singer of FOZZY, formerly going by the stage handle of Mongoose McQueen, he couldnt deny the jerichoholics of his rockin ways. they've put out some hits you might have even heard of....judas, anybody? that's right, chris jericho is SO badass he sings. his. own. entrance. music. Just too F&$KIN sweet.

His jacket was just honored in the Hard Rock Hotel in London. does it get any more badass than that?

in fact, the man does music, he's been in movies and tv, has voiced cartoon characters, he's hosted a gameshow, you just NEVER, EEEEEEEEVER know where he's gonna show up next.

how shocked were YOU during his surprising appearance on The Masked Singer?

and on top of everything, just when you think he couldn't be any larger than life or do more for the fans, he has his own freakin cruise line?! get outta here with that, are you serious???

over a thousand jerichoholics on a cruise together, watching kickass sets and slams? you know i'm already reserving MY cabin

terrorism has no chance in the face of corazon de leon!

he is truly a legend and one of the best ever to lace em up. this tribute is for you, Chris Jericho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Not alot of people have the balls to name their metal band after one of the muppets.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Not alot of people have the balls to name their metal band after one of the muppets.

No, but my polka-jazz fusion band with a lead theremin player is called Dr Bunsen and the Beakers.

Seriously though, putting aside his politics, Jericho should be in the conversation for whom the GOAT of Sports Entertainment is. Considering how short of reign was, he was an excellent RoH champion as well.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the epitome of sports...ennerdainers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

juicy Omaha steaks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jericho is the Goat and if you disagree he's gonna throw a fireball in your face, CAUSE HE'S A WIZARD!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
ARM-BAR!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jericho is the greatest pro wrestler of all time and I believe it's because parts of the brain we use for common sense things are instead focused on pro wrestling in the mind of Jericho.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a lilbiddada bubbley

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i've always thought there should be a thread dedicated to jobbers, thank you

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=69rU9ajij10

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the sight gags in the bubbly bunch bits during the pandemic were absolutely stellar

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

daytona usa announcer saying game over jihad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will always be a Jerichoholic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You just made the list!!!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You just made the list!!!!

saying "What the hell is that?!" when seeing James Ellsworth's face is one of the rare legitimately funny WWE moments

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The list of Jericho's biggest fans? :shobon:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

apple.... appleton...

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

He's going to suck Ricky Starks pp

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Chris Jericho: Simply the Best!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VbkxsUaYps

The fabled Basketball Highlights #12 :)

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
https://youtu.be/V8Yad3QDieE?t=176

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

man is doing some of the best work of his career right now. truly goated

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's made every big match he's had mean something, and you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that hasn't ended up better off for having worked with him in AEW.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDbWm4RPp10

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He really has cemented himself as a all around GOAT candidate with everything he's done since leaving WWE.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Forgive me for I have not appreciated Jericho since I was a Dean “Stinko” Malinko fan as a kid.

But now I’m seeing the light that Jericho “le champion” is the way and light.

May he find and master that 1005th hold.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jericho is not my current favourite wrestler, nor is he my all-time favourite wrestler (that might be Bret Hart, although this would need a lot of reflection to decide) but he's my longest time favourite still active, and that's kinda nuts. I was a fan of him back in WCW, and he's still putting in bangers, reinventing himself, coming up with dumb gimmicks and getting them over ~25 years later. He's still relevant, he doesn't feel like a Jeff Jarrett, a Goldberg or a Ric Flair who should've retired years (or in Ric's case, decades) ago.

Honestly I think we could make a very strong case for Chris Jericho being the GOAT. Even if he isn't, I still appreciate the hell out of him.

E:

The Man of 1004 Holds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrEwKOZGi8

Goldberg entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXy--amC3Jw

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll be trying a third flavor of monster later this week in appreciation of jericho

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Jericho is not my current favourite wrestler, nor is he my all-time favourite wrestler (that might be Bret Hart, although this would need a lot of reflection to decide) but he's my longest time favourite still active, and that's kinda nuts. I was a fan of him back in WCW, and he's still putting in bangers, reinventing himself, coming up with dumb gimmicks and getting them over ~25 years later. He's still relevant, he doesn't feel like a Jeff Jarrett, a Goldberg or a Ric Flair who should've retired years (or in Ric's case, decades) ago.

Honestly I think we could make a very strong case for Chris Jericho being the GOAT. Even if he isn't, I still appreciate the hell out of him.

E:

The Man of 1004 Holds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrEwKOZGi8

Goldberg entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXy--amC3Jw

I disagree with the "Chris Jericho is the GOAT" argument, but I get where it comes from. Any of the many gimmicks he's come up with throughout the years could've been his only one and he'd still be a great talent, except maybe the Painmaker.

Or especially the Painmaker.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

While we're here shout outs to Ralphus, the OG JAS member:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlANqxZxhm8

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Maduo posted:

While we're here shout outs to Ralphus, the OG JAS member:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlANqxZxhm8

Ralphus was a WCW truck driver talking the set from arena to arena every week if I remember right.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the best there ever will be.

and the other ones.

it's chris jericho

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

he's unironically the GOAT imo

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

I remember when he was first starting to get buzz in WCW there was an early Interview with him comparing Chris with a young Shawn Michaels. And his response was something like “I’m just trying to be the first Chris Jericho”

That’s always stuck with me, he wanted to be the best on his own terms. And he did it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Rock and Austin had higher heights but their full time careers were short and intense. Jericho is absolutely the GOAT if we (as we should) factor in longevity and ability to keep relevancy across many eras of wrestling. He’s also arguably single-handedly responsible for AEW being a viable alternative in the early days. The Elite were the Crown Jewels as evidenced by WWE reportedly offering the Bucks AJ styles money and Kenny Omega as much as $25m in an attempt to kill their rival still in the womb, but in terms of getting any kind of mainstream viewer, Jericho’s defection was critical.

He goes by many names, but whether you call him Lionheart, Influencer, Y2J, Wizard, Le Champion, or AYATOLL-AH OF NOT KNOWING WHERE HIS WIFE WAS ON JANUARY 6TH-AH, he is the best at pro wrestling and the worst at having good political opinions*

* Which honestly, doesn’t this truly make him more of a flawless specimen of pro wrestler? Wrestlers aren’t generally known for their progressive stances, they’re known for being selfish dingbats.

It’s like the episode of Pete and Pete where the world’s top underpants quality Inspector trained little Pete in the art of achieving perfection, eventually leading to a battle where he and Pete faced off in a bitter battle of eating messy BBQ perfectly. Pete won because he intentionally ate like a slob, which, in the context of eating BBQ, *was* perfect.

As much as I like to see more wrestlers who prefer to play video games instead of taking drugs, getting in knife fights, and/or sexual assaulting people; Jericho wouldn’t be the epitome of the dumb, egotistical, carny-rear end wrasslin genius if he was a Bernie guy.