Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
That was a bad one to watch with my wife, we both almost vomited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I had Paan with my friends family in Kolkata, it was kind of weird but it was cool watching them make it. There, they would set up the leaf on a huge block of ice while they put it together so it was cold when you popped it in your mouth.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
One of my favorite food memories was going to my Indian friends house in high school and his mom frying up different squash flowers for us in that batter for a snack. I make them sometimes now with zucchini flowers from my garden but my white skin makes me terrible at figuring out the right spice blend for the batter, so I usually dress them up with ricotta and put them in a salad.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Why does it show them cutting the crusts off and rolling out the bread, and then the next picture is nonrolled crusted bread

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

My 4 year old would lose his poo poo over this (and puke it all up shortly after)

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I think it’s a San Diego thing that is called a California burrito.

The right kind of fry can be awesome in a sandwich. There was a burger place I went to that would put just 3 or 4 extra crispy fries in along with a really good cole slaw.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

I appreciate that he actually checks it to see if it's cooked. Not so thrilled about chopping bone-in chicken in that fashion :catstare:

It actually makes it easier to eat, you just eat around the pieces of bone, you don’t have to nibble around the contours of the whole bone. But obviously it’s a choking hazard if you aren’t expecting it.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
One of my favorite foods ever was a shawarma completo from North African guys in southern Spain. It was a grilled wrap filled with shawarma, vegetables and the usual sauces, falafel, cheese, and a fried egg. I ate them 3 days a week and gained probably 3 pounds a week.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Polish open faced grilled sandwiches in krakow, these were amazing. I wish the video was better though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c22kRf-tWfs&pp=ygUXWmFwaWVrYW5raSBzdGFuZCBrcmFrb3c%3D

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Maleh-Vor posted:

Most of that is pretty homey, but in small towns especially in the south, you can find that setup with a couple of plastic tables in front and get that breakfast for 2-3 dollars. All of that is very affordable food that people in very poor regions eat regularly.

When I was in Mexico on a road trip (15+ years ago) that was one of my favorite experiences: just cruising around looking for someone who put plastic chairs outside and getting some great food. I remember all the chairs were Coke branded and thinking, drat, global capitalism is weird.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Valko posted:

Before anyone says anything this is foreign to me :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhxQhOmqwfY

Argh what the everliving gently caress

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Mmm looks delicious, can you cut it for us? Not into bites or anything, just kind of stab it with scissors so it looks like a murder victim, that’s it, perfect

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I assume that’s all one order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

This is too far