Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I think that it was supposed to be a French toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Atticus_1354 posted:

A Chinese cleaver? They're very cool.

The world of Chinese cleavers is wild.

For badass looking square knives I recommend a Nakiri style vegetable knife from Kiwi knives. They are cheap as chips and made of pretty soft steel so they are very easy to sharpen. Go through veges like butter.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

cake bunny posted:

You have a good point, various domestic/US foods are notorious for never involving large amounts of sauce or multiple sauces.

Chili dogs, chili cheese fries, stadium style nachos, dipped Chicago beef sandwiches, buffalo wings slathered in sauce then dipped into more sauce, Animal style anything at In-and-Out, Americanized burritos drowned in cheese sauce and salsas and sometimes also chili for good measure, Cinci style chili over pasta or rice, loaded baked potatoes/chili and nacho cheese sauce topped baked potatoes, every southern or midwestern US "salad" or casserole that is 90% mayo or cream of something soup - all very dry and sauceless!

Yeah, sloppy, saucy food is just "their" thing.

They mean the people in these videos chill out its not some dig on foreigners.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

cake bunny posted:

My point was that pretty much every culture likes sauces. They're a foundational part of modern cuisine, and not-at-all modern cuisine. It does seem pretty myopic to point it out like the people in these videos are not doing what essentially happens with indulgent food anywhere, just in combinations and configurations that don't seem so commonplace to you that you ignore them.

Buddy just post a hotdog slathered in catupiry and move on

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

That guy is a parody account

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Guy makes a massive mess of his station, wastes ingredients, cuts directly on a stainless tabletop.

His knife is dull as poo poo and smashes his saucy abomination and then to top it all off he showboats with the knife and almost throws the entire mess off the side of the table.

All said looks pretty tasty though.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

That just seems like a very lazy way of doing that.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HhfEIL76_U

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'd eat this weird thing with this weird broad

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Overcooked as gently caress eggs

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jestery posted:

If anyone wants to know more about the rice sandwich

https://youtu.be/4CgNIudh_n8

Thank you my immediate response was "I'd like to know more"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Thats not loving maple syrup and I'll snow wrestle anyone who says it is

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ya gotta be kidding me

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yeah I'd guess its family style

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This is great but I'd rather not live in dongbei

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They're piling them straight onto the ground. This is how you get dysentery.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

loving hell. The cut away from the cat really suggests they're cooking cat. Good thing it's just garbage.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just another day in the dunia.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I dont want to alarm anyone but ive got reason to believe the portly twerkish man may have perished in the recent quakes.

Source: turkish guy

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The lettuce is a nice touch

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Still fascinated by the soaking wet lemon offal cart.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zNA5Xa3.mp4

At least she’s wearing gloves and a mask unlike the communal meat pot tacos I posted earlier where they just reach right in with bare hands.

This looks pretty good and I like her "Calm Down" shirt.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wee posted:

Is that a whole bunch of mustard pickles/zha cai in there?

Looks like it along with half a soy egg.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

TWO MICE, fell into a bucket of cream.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lungs or "lights" get used in haggis and the technique according to Fergus Henderson is to place them in a pot of water with the intact windpipe sticking out and hung over the side so the boil causes them to eject any dirt or remaining phlegm.

Imagine all the crap a sheep breathes in its lifetime. Theres a drat good reason we dont eat too much lungs.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Gasmask posted:

what are you talking about a sheep lives in the countryside, all they have is fresh air

The countryside is covered in poop

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Non Compos Mentis posted:

sentinel island is where they have the good chicken nuggets

If only I could get some good sentinelese right now.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Maleh-Vor posted:

Those are sometimes called Costras, and are pretty common at taco places in Mexico, and are also very delicious. They're usually taco-sized and you get a couple of them, not a big burrito like that, though, and not nearly as thick. Still worth clogging your arteries for it though.

Anything done to excess will end up revolting.

That viral Ikura Don thing where chef piles on roe until people say "when" is an example of an otherwise sensible dish taken way too far.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Waste of Breath posted:

Please share some examples

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF7yB8zBv3E&pp=ygUST3ZlcmZsb3dpbmcgaWt1cmEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I mean it still just tastes like salmon roe. Id be sick of it after two or three bites.