Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith...ingawful.com%2F

I may have convinced my non-football-watching sister to watch Broncos/Rams since it will be on Nickelodeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Russ is going to get more NVP votes (1) than MVP votes (0)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I can't get over how atrocious Zach Wilson is, they were shut out if not for the stripsack fumble at the start of the game :yikes:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have no idea what the Jets saw in Wilson to lockon him at #2 months before the draft

Dougie P rules

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
gently caress yea jags, the lions/jags superbowl dream is still alive

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I have no idea what the Jets saw in Wilson to lockon him at #2 months before the draft

Dougie P rules
GMs see a 6'5 white guy with a big arm who can move a little and their eyes dilate like that one scene from Pump Fiction

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

JT Jag posted:

GMs see a 6'5 white guy with a big arm who can move a little and their eyes dilate like that one scene from Pump Fiction

is he really 6'5? he always seems like a little kid tho maybe that's his face

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dougie P rules

Dougie spoke to his mom the night before the draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

JT Jag posted:

6'2 half Hawaiian.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
He has Clausen face, and no QB with that face has succeeded.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

joe montana had it a little bit. probably sounds like a lie. but

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

There wasn't much to enjoy in that game, but I did appreciate Quinnen Williams just completely dwarfing Hasty on this play. It looks like me covering my 6 year old and finishing with a noogie, the size difference is hilarious.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/highlight-quinnen-williams-breaks-up-a-jaguars-screen-attempt

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The end of 2 QB careers last night, Wilson and Flacco

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Who decided to draft Zach Wilson second overall in 2021 and have they been sent to Gitmo yet

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Zach Wilson's college tape was really good. There weren't many voices saying the Wilson pick was bad at the time.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i said it was bad

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

epic bacon posted:

i said it was bad

You should be in charge of Jets draft picks from now on

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

fsif posted:

Zach Wilson's college tape was really good. There weren't many voices saying the Wilson pick was bad at the time.

There was no way Wilson had better tape than Fields. I thought Fields was the easy #2 and that the Jets were fools for being all-in on Wilson

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cool that you did but the composite big boards for 2021 from people much smarter than me had Wilson and Fields pretty much neck and neck. Lawrence was obviously #1. Fields and Wilson were 2nd tier. Lance and Jones were 3rd tier.

Jets went with the guy they thought would fit the Shanahan system better. They missed.

https://theathletic.com/2530534/202..._shared_article

quote:

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Kyle Pitts
3. Penei Sewell
4. Ja'Marr Chase
5. Justin Fields
6. Zach Wilson
7. Jaylen Waddle
8. DeVonta Smith
9. Rashawn Slater
10. Patrick Surtain II

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 23, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Cool that you did but the composite big boards for 2021 from people much smarter than me had Wilson and Fields pretty much neck and neck. Lawrence was obviously #1. Fields and Wilson were 2nd tier. Lance and Jones were 3rd tier.

Jets went with the guy they thought would fit the Shanahan system better. They missed.

https://theathletic.com/2530534/202..._shared_article

You’re correct, but I wonder how much this was affected by the Jets signaling that Wilson was their pick super early. It’s like when Alabama starts recruiting a guy and they get an extra star, when you know a guy is going second maybe you evaluate him a little higher because you don’t want to be too out of step with reality?

It seemed weird to me at the time because Fields was a better athlete who played better teams and had more than one good year. All of the reasons he dropped were bullshit whisper campaign stuff like taking epilepsy meds or having a poor work ethic or whatever.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Are these people dead and their lifeless bodies are just frozen to their chairs?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It seemed weird to me at the time because Fields was a better athlete who played better teams and had more than one good year. All of the reasons he dropped were bullshit whisper campaign stuff like taking epilepsy meds or having a poor work ethic or whatever.
The questions about Fields that I remember were that he was slow to process post-snap and to be honest those concerns haven’t really been answered. He’s an amazing athlete so he’s making it work but his ability to go through a proper progression before taking off isn’t really there yet.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Jivesauce posted:

Are these people dead and their lifeless bodies are just frozen to their chairs?

Just your typical Jets Fan, like Jack Torrence.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

The questions about Fields that I remember were that he was slow to process post-snap and to be honest those concerns haven’t really been answered. He’s an amazing athlete so he’s making it work but his ability to go through a proper progression before taking off isn’t really there yet.

The Bears can’t pass protect worth a poo poo so pretty much everything they’re doing is based on buying Fields enough time to get the ball out at all and him to take the yards on the ground if the throw isn’t there immediately. His receivers are also the worst group in the league so guys getting open during that very small window before the pass rush gets there doesn’t really happen. It’s almost impossible to judge Fields ability to read the field with the way Bears offense works and the talent they have right now.

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/status/1604883328506953729

But Wilson also wasn’t exactly heralded for his processing. Everyone fell in love with his off platform throws but at BYU he didn’t have to do much pre or post-snap.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Welcome to the club of having a nightmarish OL I guess. Fields is not alone.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Who is the last black QB to come out as a consensus #1 no questions asked?

Cam had a lot of questions iirc. Is Jamarcus the answer ?

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 23, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Welcome to the club of having a nightmarish OL I guess. Fields is not alone.

He notes in a further tweet that the Bears give up pressure on 52% of true pass sets, with the Rams being the only team that’s worse. That Fields manages create any offense at all with that pass pro while throwing to Darnell Mooney as his WR1 is incredible.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Who is the last black QB to come out as a consensus #1 no questions asked?

Kyler. Before that it was Cam.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oh right, duh. I thought he'd suck but forgot how well liked he was

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He notes in a further tweet that the Bears give up pressure on 52% of true pass sets, with the Rams being the only team that’s worse. That Fields manages create any offense at all with that pass pro while throwing to Darnell Mooney as his WR1 is incredible.
Mooney is just money with an extra "o", but he's been on IR for a few weeks now. Fields' #1 WR is currently Chase Claypool. Or maybe Cole Kmet.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Mooney is just money with an extra "o", but he's been on IR for a few weeks now. Fields' #1 WR is currently Chase Claypool. Or maybe Cole Kmet.

Chase Claypool is also injured currently.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There are no good FA WRs. There’s no great WR in the draft to spend a top 5 pick on and they just burned their high 2nd on Claypool.

They’re kinda stuck with their receiving weapons outside a salary dump type situation.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

There are no good FA WRs. There’s no great WR in the draft to spend a top 5 pick on and they just burned their high 2nd on Claypool.

They’re kinda stuck with their receiving weapons outside a salary dump type situation.
DeAndre Hopkins and Marvin Jones Fr come on down!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Chase Claypool is also injured currently.
Hahah wow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe they could do a christian kirk on juju

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

eat poo poo Watson

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/1606754095754539011?s=46&t=mvoce2OG1Fi0j-7bPj2k8Q

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vikings 11-0 in one-score games this season

Bears 1-7 in one-score games this season

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The Vikings have the biggest loving horseshoe up their rear end I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Vikings are just the Jaguars with a worse QB but an infinitely better #1 WR, if the Jaguars won all their close games