Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That’s gotta be a wrap on Josh McDaniels’ NFL head coaching career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gonz posted:

lol

lmao

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gonz posted:

Derek Carr also sucked rear end.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gonz posted:

At least Mark Davis being poor/cheap relative to all the other owners will get him paid another season or two.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Derek Carr is probably not going to like the metropolitan New York City real estate market in 2023.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gonz posted:

Alaois posted:

lol

lmao

Yeah, Mark Davis already said McDaniels is safe and not going anywhere and IIRC that was even after they lost to the Jeff Saturday Colts and were 2-7. They actually got competitive after that and won some games. He’ll be back next year and probably be safe for a bit unless they have an Urban Meyer Jags level implosion.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Someone keeps saying he's a top 10 QB tho.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1606866025345318913

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Someone keeps saying he's a top 10 QB tho.

And robbed of the MVP TWICE if I remember correctly. The NFL's vendetta against the Raiders absolutely knows no bounds. Goodell may actually be negotiating with the government at this very moment to launch a drone strike on Mark Davis' house, according to well placed deep state sources.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, Mark Davis already said McDaniels is safe and not going anywhere and IIRC that was even after they lost to the Jeff Saturday Colts and were 2-7. They actually got competitive after that and won some games. He’ll be back next year and probably be safe for a bit unless they have an Urban Meyer Jags level implosion.

So you're saying he just needs to not:

Look completely out of touch with reality in the draft
Get fined for violating practice rules
Not bring his former college QB who already washed out of the league to training camp to play TE instead
Release said player after it's beyond clear to everyone that said player has no business being on the team
Lose to the Texans in week 1
Get asked if he's going to take the USC job 4 days after losing to the Texans
Compare being in the NFL to playing Bama every week
Lose more games
Not fly back with your team so you can go drink at your steakhouse in Ohio after losing to Cincinnati
Apologize for said incident, then have video come out showing you getting handsy with some random woman
Calling your assistants losers
Kick his kicker
Get fired in the middle of the night

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I've forgotten since last year. I kind of miss Urbz being in the NFL :(

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Nervous posted:

So you're saying he just needs to not:

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I've forgotten since last year. I kind of miss Urbz being in the NFL :(

“Who’s this 99 guy on the Rams? I’m hearing he might be a problem for us.”

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I really appreciate the Raiders for taking the heat off of the Ravens and their blown 4th quarter leads this year

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

13 was good enough then and good enough now. Football baby

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The real secret is to not give any shits at all, Derek.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1606884410397179905

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

This Vikings team made me realize I've gone from not caring about my childhood team anymore to actually being annoyed by them.

Mostly because I have to keep politely explaining no I don't care about that big comeback or that new wide receiver.

I really want them to crash and burn in the playoffs.

Look, I thought it was a blast when we trotted Joe Webb out for a playoff game because gently caress it, the hilarity was making it to that point. This is like that sensation stretched out across a whole season! The point is the journey, not the destination, and if the trip is stupid as hell that’s entirely too fitting. This team seems to give a poo poo and keep going no matter what happens which I both appreciate and am unfamiliar with, if it means Mr Bean-ing into wins I’m down to clown for as long as this team can bumble, skol Vikes bitches

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Look, I thought it was a blast when we trotted Joe Webb out for a playoff game because gently caress it, the hilarity was making it to that point. This is like that sensation stretched out across a whole season! The point is the journey, not the destination, and if the trip is stupid as hell that’s entirely too fitting. This team seems to give a poo poo and keep going no matter what happens which I both appreciate and am unfamiliar with, if it means Mr Bean-ing into wins I’m down to clown for as long as this team can bumble, skol Vikes bitches

I expect the Vikings will probably last until the divisional round where they finally meet their end at the hands of Josh Johnson.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've never given a poo poo about the Vikings but I'm cheering for them every game at this point.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers, somehow, can clinch a playoff spot Monday

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The Vikings are the only team in the NFC I would be okay with knocking the Eagles out of the playoffs, just to keep the magic bullshit going

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
There is nothing more in this world I want then for Wentz to start for the Commanders and cost them a playoff spot.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

mcmagic posted:

You'd think this would be a fun season for vikings fans even if they are a bit overrated and lucky.

It's been an absolute riot and almost every game being a nailbiter rules. Fraud season is maybe the best season ever especially because with the new coach and gm I didn't really have any expectations and certainly not this.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

If you're a neutral looking for a playoff team to root for you could do a lot worse than the Vikings. Justin Jefferson is the most entertaining player I've seen since Randy Moss, the coach isn't a huge chud, and if they ever win a Super Bowl (lol) I promise the fans will only be smug assholes towards Packers fans. We'll be perfectly nice to everyone else

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 25, 2022

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Your 12-3 AFCE CHAMPION BUFFALO BILLS!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Vikings look like they've absorbed the chaotic energy to squeak out horrendously bullshit wins. I suppose some team had to once that energy released into the aether when Russ was traded to Denver.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Manoueverable posted:

The Vikings look like they've absorbed the chaotic energy to squeak out horrendously bullshit wins. I suppose some team had to once that energy released into the aether when Russ was traded to Denver.

Coincidentally the best record in one score games since the 2019 Seahawks

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Being a Niners fan has felt like a trap for the last few years because they kept asking me to believe in Himbo magic but this whole season is Brock Purdy house money so when I won't cry when it ends but laugh because it continues to happen.

Mr. Irrelevant as Superbowl MVP would own so much.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
49'ers/Vikings NFCCG would be fun on a bun.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Android Apocalypse posted:

49'ers/Vikings NFCCG would be fun on a bun.

I would accept a Vikes-Bills Super Bowl. Finally a chance to crash the simulation.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Was at the coldest home game in Panthers history yesterday and very much enjoyed watching our running backs road grade a defense even better than Double Trouble ever did. I know it probably would have been better for the franchise's long-term potential if the Panthers had lost this one since they are so desperate for a true quarterback, but gently caress it, I want my team to win so I can go home happy. I don't know if Wilks is the answer as coach, but he has this team buying in, playing hard, and looking like their actual talent level, so he deserves a long, hard look at the very least.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I would accept a Vikes-Bills Super Bowl. Finally a chance to crash the simulation.

Vikings are gonna host the Packers in the Wild Card Round and lose in the most expectedly embarrassing fashion possible.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The saving grace of this terrible Dolphins meltdown is that Vikings/Packers is now win-win for me: either the Vikings lose, giving the Niners the 2nd seed if they win out, or the Packers lose, knocking Aaron Rodgers out of the playoffs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Vikings are gonna host the Packers in the Wild Card Round and lose in the most expectedly embarrassing fashion possible.

Aaron Rodgers 30 yard boot scramble touchdown IMO

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1607121831462592512?t=yPCYhvb5Pstsdll6TseVJQ&s=19

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
And it had 0 results. The Dolphins might be the worst talent to results defense in the entire history of football.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Incredible that this Dolphins team is reverting to the Dolphins’ natural state, 8-8

They should boatrace the Patriots next week but they won’t if this Tua shows up

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Nature is healing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all the nice looking afc teams from 3 weeks ago have fallen apart except the big two and the san diego chargers

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Bengals are still pretty good. Burrow had a Tua second half and they still won.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Vin Diesel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

TheBizzness posted:

And it had 0 results. The Dolphins might be the worst talent to results defense in the entire history of football.

And against a Packers OL down its starting LT and best backup tackle and sole deep threat WR