Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HappyHippo posted:

Wasn't the Bronco's defense supposed to be good at least?

They couldn't get off-field from the word go

The game started with a 6.5 minute Rams drive. After that Russ threw an INT within a minute. When the Broncos got the ball back a minute later Russ threw an INT within a minute again

The second half started almost the same way; Russ INT (within 2 minutes this time!), Rams 9-minute! drive, and then back on field 90 seconds later because of Russ

Hard to be good And not tired when that's what you have to work with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Kilff Kingsbury looks like BJ Novak during the season of the office when he became a sleazy executive.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Rams seem to like collecting former Browns players and turning them around for the good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is some TERRIBLE QB play. And the other guy is trace mcsorley.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Russ is currently cosplaying the main character of a CW show about being the starting QB of an NFL team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The really flexed the awful steelers vs the ravens with no lamar? lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As much as it sucks as a Dolphins fan it is kind of amusing that the problem is now “Tua refuses to check it down” vs opposing defenders saying Tua just threw 2 yard passes all day.

Imagine if he could figure a way to do both!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

mcmagic posted:

I'm a bit in awe of this still myself. Admittedly week 17 is a bit of a wasteland. Except Bengals/Bills which is on MNF.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm a bit in awe of this still myself. Admittedly week 17 is a bit of a wasteland. Except Bengals/Bills which is on MNF.

Dolphins/Pats, Jets/Seahawks, Packers/Vikings and Raiders/9ers are all better games imo. No one wants to see Kenny pickett vs Tyler Huntley in loving primetime........

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I assumed Dolphins/Pats and Packers/Vikings were protected games of the week.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mcmagic posted:

This is some TERRIBLE QB play. And the other guy is trace mcsorley.

Trace McSorely rules

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

...we're gonna get Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs aren't we?

gently caress.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Highlight of the Buccs/Cards game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOZVg_s6FIU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

"Penile fracture" :stonk:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

mcmagic posted:

Dolphins/Pats, Jets/Seahawks, Packers/Vikings and Raiders/9ers are all better games imo. No one wants to see Kenny pickett vs Tyler Huntley in loving primetime........

2 of 4 of those matchups are still looking to be pretty dire.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

absolutely NO MORE dolphins primetime games!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

epic bacon posted:

absolutely NO MORE dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

epic bacon posted:

*Monkeys paw curls*
*Broncos primetime games*

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

epic bacon posted:

*monkey paw curls*

Dolphins lose 20-17 to the Patriots next week, knocking them out of the playoffs

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1606859041329799168?t=aC9_mRnox51K2-RhLf1EHw&s=19
:unsmith:

Yeah I guess they gave the Steelers Ravens prime time since the Steelers are a draw, still somehow have a chance to make the playoffs, and also trying to keep Tomlins winning season record alive

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Tua is the new Baker. Throwing 3 picks against the Packers to ruin Christmas for their fans.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

mcmagic posted:

Yeah ugh. Ravens/Steelers isn't even that hot of a rivalry currently compared to what it used to be, let alone without our starting QB.

Hate night games!! Plus we are going to lose

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

epic bacon posted:

The Dolphins are an interesting team. You have Waddle and Hill and the whole Tua stuff which is never boring. Put them in primetime as much as you want imo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Allen has kind of been the reverse Tua where he plays like a bonehead in games no one watches and an MVP candidate in island games. Anxiety makes him smarter.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tua is the worst improviser I’ve ever seen. Some of that poo poo was hilariously bad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers play a game of football today

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

He might play. We’ll see if he practices this week. I’m still expecting Huntley.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tua is the worst improviser I’ve ever seen. Some of that poo poo was hilariously bad.

Michael Scott levels of improv

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1607431171176300544

Imagine losing your job by being dumpstered by Baker F Mayfield.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Kirios posted:

...we're gonna get Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs aren't we?

gently caress.

In the NFC Championship game :smug:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Yates posted:

In the NFC Championship game :smug:

This is the year. The year that Josh Allen loses to Tom in the Super Bowl.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jets still trying to fool us and themselves

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1607468077523910658

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1607431171176300544

Imagine losing your job by being dumpstered by Baker F Mayfield.

There are scores of sports reporters jizzing themselves about the “couldn’t Hackett” joke they’re about to publish in the papers tomorrow

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What is going to do? Say they are going to dump the kid when he's still on the team and they are going to try to trade him in the offseason?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

What is going to do? Say they are going to dump the kid when he's still on the team and they are going to try to trade him in the offseason?

That's the extremely obvious subtext of their statement.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's the extremely obvious subtext of their statement.

Just saying the Jets aren't really fooling themselves unless they actually end up bringing him back next as anything more than a 3rd QB.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

no coach will ever come out and say "This guy just isnt the guy" with their words their actions will tell us though. Flacco being active over Wilson next week screams "THIS GUY IS NOT THE GUY" just as loud as him just saying it in a press conference.

And as others have stated, they could maybe darnold him in the offseason

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EmbryoSteve posted:

I'm hoping that Denver wants another QB on the roster in case Russell cant hack it next ear, either, so they trade for Zack since he is on his rookie contract. Then we'll also get the chaos of having two QBs with Wilson as their last name on one team.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

no coach will ever come out and say "This guy just isnt the guy" with their words their actions will tell us though. Flacco being active over Wilson next week screams "THIS GUY IS NOT THE GUY" just as loud as him just saying it in a press conference.

Before Wilson’s meltdown start against the Jags, Saleh said something like “I expect a few things to crop up during the game”. Which while still veiled was pretty explicitly “this kid sucks rear end and we are only starting him cause we have to” by NFL standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

Before Wilson’s meltdown start against the Jags, Saleh said something like “I expect a few things to crop up during the game”. Which while still veiled was pretty explicitly “this kid sucks rear end and we are only starting him cause we have to” by NFL standards.
They could have, and should have, played Flacco