Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This is the thread to complain about holiday related bullshit.

We are doing a very pared back Christmas this year, but I still had to hit the grocery store to get some last minute produce so it didn't wilt in my fridge all week.

Couples who bring their entire families to the grocery store during the holidays blow my mind. One should stay home. Other does the shopping. I'm trying to get in and get out and you're letting your 9 year old boys push a cart sideways down the aisle while the 2 in the cart scream. Don't let your loving kids push the cart.

I cook a lot. I like to play some music or listen to a podcast while I'm spinning plates in the kitchen. Please do not lean on the kitchen bench and scroll on tik-tok with the volume up. Something about 2 second clipped soundbites and that loving high pitched voice makes my forehead vein pulsate. It sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjT3DeoEp0Y

ALSO, If I ask you to please stop with the annoying Tik-Tok videos, please don't explain that "its instagram" and continue to do it. I'm cooking you loving dinner. You're 24 years old. Stop acting like an angsty teen just because you're back home for a weekend. IF you're in the kitchen you're either helping or cleaning. We trying to make merry here.

STFU about politics. All of it. Yes, even you. There always has to be one aunt or uncle that has a half glass too much sherry and needs to hold court. S.T.F.U.

Anyways I'm sure I'll find more reasons to bump this thread in the coming days. Merry chrisler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPwmXIY2YjY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

wesleywillis posted:

I got kinda drunk at work today.

As a result, when I went to the bar tonight, I wasn't really feeling much like drinking.

Fuckin bullshit if you ask me.

Sounds like youre not putting your shoulder into it

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

No more Santa at my mall. leftist sectarian publicists k-gang members got to him

Just had the thought: there is almost certainly a non-zero amount of santas that have gotten fired for espousing Q-related political beliefs to children

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Duck and Cover posted:

You think they got fired instead of promoted? I'm not sure what a Santa promotion entails I assume they get made king of the santas or something.

Guess it really depends on if the person running the mall is based or not

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Couple years ago I was drinking alone in a bar on Christmas eve in Cleveland, Ohio. It just sort of worked out that my folks were traveling for Christmas and I had to work so driving home wasn't really an option.

Some young manic pixie type was trying really hard to convince me that it was sad to be alone in a bar on Christmas and I was like "no, seriously, this actually rules and I'm very much into it" but she didn't believe me. FUCKIN CHICKS MANNNN.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

She was tryna slam dog

*pours one out for lost pussy of days past*

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Gasmask posted:

Do you want some cheese with that whine? Lol!!

Yes, send cheese.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

turkey liver on toast is deee-lish

more whine:

Every. loving. Year. Father in law insists on bringing cheap store-bought duplicates of everyone else's usual holiday contribution.

Sister in law makes a macadamia crusted ham and its delicious. He buys a $20 vaccum packed ham from the supermarket.

I made fresh poached tiger prawns. He shows up with a shrimp cocktail.

Brother brings a beautiful fresh salad. He brings a store bought tub of macaroni salad.

I'm certainly not above regular leg ham, shrimp cocktail, and a macaroni salad - but like, MAN, we asked you to contribute soft drink and you've showed up with a super low effort parallel meal that only you and your family pick at. Its just weird and kind of annoying when others actually put effort and care into making something nice.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I literally stood in line for good tiger prawns. Next year I'm just cooking everything and asking for a nominal monetary contribution.

Oh and BIL showed up with nine (9) devilled eggs on a plastic plate with the film pulled back because he got peckish on the 20 minute drive over. THAAANKS BRO.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

He's rad if you want to talk to a mid 30s dude about Apex Legends and Steven Crowder.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Got shot directly in the balls at point blank range with a battery powered nerf rifle. Fml.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nerf is not loving around with the new rifles. Young lad hit me HARD in the balls with a dart and Ol Righty is the size of an apricot now.

Poor lil dude felt bad and I felt bad for screaming loving poo poo**** (australian slang for person) so loudly on Santas birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

But it’s Christmas so it’s time for me to let you start loving me again. You loving pig.

Heh yeah :holy: