Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The Voice of Labor posted:

nah. those guys already have loads of guns. why steal something you already have plenty of?

I'd be worried about robberies at the average sized penis store and the rational belief store

Plenty of guns? You really don't understand how they think at all lmao.

There is never ever enough guns, ever. What if your gun gets jammed up while you're shooty bang bang? You got to throw that away immediately and pull out a fresh gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
those same nc cops called in hazmat over "a letter" this evening

https://www.wral.com/hazmat-team-responds-to-mysterious-powder-at-town-hall-fire-station-in-moore-county/20646020/

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Its my fault guys I broke a few hearts in Moore County and those boys hold a grudge

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

boys will be boys

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Moope County

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
because it's a fun thing to do, op

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

upon reflection, given that our tactical goal was to destabilize the power grid, I would've been in a better position to fight The System had I invested in a generator rather than an ar for every day of the week and 2 pallets of questionable surplus ammo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I think it's probably an outfit that sells transformers.

Smythe posted:

maybe someone did a cool cat burglary style thing on a hardened compound when the power was out like something out of a heist movie. ever think of that?

It's not a hardened compound without a generator.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://www.kktv.com/2020/12/23/lig...YqRJy6NCxEaXrZk

We know that, well, crosses, forces, so it's no surprise they haven't put a lid on that poo poo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Weka posted:

It's not a hardened compound without a generator.

true............

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

arrests made in Tacoma-area attacks, one of them said they wanted to knock out power to do robberies

quote:

Two charged in Pierce County Christmas Day substation attacks

Federal prosecutors have charged two men in the Christmas Day substation attacks in Pierce County that caused power outages and allegedly $3 million in damage.

Matthew Greenwood, 32, and Jeremy Crahan, 40, both of Puyallup, face federal charges of conspiracy to damage energy facilities. Greenwood faces an additional charge of possession of an unregistered firearm. Prosecutors say the men attacked two Tacoma Power and two Puget Sound Energy substations, according to a statement by U.S. Attorney Nick Brown, who commended the FBI for quickly identifying the suspects.

A criminal complaint unsealed Tuesday said the two men were identified as possible suspects through the analysis of cellphone records. Also, Tacoma Power at one of the substations captured images of one suspect and an image of a pickup truck that appeared to be connected to the attack. A similar pickup truck was connected to the defendants, and when law enforcement served a search warrant on the home of the suspects, they recovered “distinctive clothing” pictured in surveillance photos, according to the statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Two surveillance photos included in the complaint show a white man with a cloth covering part of his face and torso, holding something in his gloved right hand.

The complaint said that the attacks caused about $3 million in damage, and Tacoma Power will need to use two mobile transformer units at each of its substations to provide power. Repairs could take up to 36 months to complete.

FBI Special Agent Mark Tucher, who investigated the attacks, is assigned to the Joint Terrorism Task Force of the FBI’s Seattle Division, primarily investigating domestic terrorism.

The two Tacoma Power substations and one of the PSE substations were attacked in the early morning Christmas Day, before daylight. The last attack happened about 7:25 p.m. and resulted in a power outage and fire. Initial reports indicated the suspects cut a chain-link fence to gain entry, then tampered with a switch as they tried to pry open equipment. This caused the substation to start arcing and sparking, according to the complaint.

On Dec. 31, when federal agents and local law enforcement executed warrants, they found Greenwood in a fifth-wheel trailer, and located a short-barreled rifle with what appeared to be a homemade silencer, and a short-barreled shotgun.

Greenwood, in a statement to law enforcement after his arrest and being read Miranda rights, stated that he and Crahan had been planning to disrupt power to commit a burglary, according to the complaint. Greenwood said he entered all four substations using bolt cutters, while Crahan acted as a getaway driver, according to the complaint.

After the morning attacks, the two men went to a local business, drilled out a lock and stole from a cash register, according to Greenwood’s statement cited in the complaint.

Crahan has a history of criminal convictions, according to prison and court records.

In 2016, he pleaded guilty to possession of stolen property after he admitted helping to burglarize a Gig Harbor home, Pierce County court records show. In 2014, he pleaded guilty to five counts of identity theft after admitting to possessing bank cards and other financial information of five people. Crahan served a total of 54 months in prison, according to Tobby Hatley, a spokesperson for the state Department of Corrections. In a 2014 DOC intake form, Crahan wrote that he had a severe alcohol and methamphetamine problem.

Crahan also had several previous convictions in Pierce County for theft and attempting to elude, as well as a 2007 DUI conviction in Alaska, according to a criminal history filed as part of sentencing in his 2016 case.

The state Department of Corrections, in an email to The Seattle Times, said it had no records pertaining to Greenwood.

Both men are scheduled to appear Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Tacoma.

Conspiracy to attack energy facilities is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. Prosecutors will ask that both men remain detained pending future hearings.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/two-charged-in-pierce-county-christmas-day-substation-attacks/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im tired of these motherfuckin substations on this motherfuckin grid

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

arrests made in Tacoma-area attacks, one of them said they wanted to knock out power to do robberies

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/two-charged-in-pierce-county-christmas-day-substation-attacks/

$3 million+ in damages to rob a REGISTER TILL??? They are capping.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The Voice of Labor posted:

*yells at liberal to "read a different book"*

*liberal puts down harry potter, picks up the turner diaries*

bullying works!

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

It's a grid maintenance industry racket

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
thinking about shooting up at some power stations

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Couple of losers who thought they'd discovered the ultimate brains genius plan for making easy money. About what I expected

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e78Kpbfru_A

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I think it is extremely hamburger brained to label the culprits of these attacks as terrorists.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
free dumb fighters

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Weka posted:

I think it is extremely hamburger brained to label the culprits of these attacks as terrorists.

power is needed to play videogames. preventing that is terrorism

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Cuttlefush posted:

power goes out of the barrel of a gun

Weka
May 5, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

You're not a real gamer without a backup generator.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

bump

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

except for the atomwaffen guy and his nazi girlfriend

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

racism is prejudice + power. they need that power for themselves.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
it’s not my job to educate you on why right wing terrorists keep shooting up power stations

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1622628893118066690?s=20&t=T856Vw70XvOvcVOdBG3VNQ

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

|magine one day a secret intelligence agency meets up with a cop agency.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Atomwaffen is top to bottom FBI honeypot and this attack was a Boston bombing style budget/career booster

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Choose yoir owm adventure

Step one Plan the attack and trick some dipshit into carrying it out, then

1. Let the attack happen = budget boost
2. "Foil" the attack = career boost

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

Atomwaffen is top to bottom FBI honeypot and this attack was a Boston bombing style budget/career booster

Dude, what do you think half this forum consists of??

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Spoiler alert: they're all middle class terrorists

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Not me I'm nice

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Paul Soccer, you just have to resist any overtures the creepy rear end admins make on this forum.

We're so close...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

paul_soccer12 posted:

it's not even that. they didn't even do anything. it's like the dudes the fbi tricked into "bombing" that bridge in Cleveland.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The trick is to not buy Plat so no one can PM you offers of money or nudes in exchange for terrorism

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

The trick is to not buy Plat so no one can PM you offers of money or nudes in exchange for terrorism

the admins can just give you plat, then send the entrapping PMs

Weka
May 5, 2019

TenementFunster posted:

except for the atomwaffen guy and his nazi girlfriend

Let's go Brandon.
I'm not very familiar with Atomwaffen but from skimming their wikipedia page it seems like they are more about insurgency than terror campaigns. I know neonazis aren't usually the smartest but how would they hope to overthrow the government of the USA by scaring it's citizens?
Whereas the power infrastructure of your enemy is frequently seen as a useful target in a war, which is how these people probably see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Last time I tried to address this question I was met with the hammer by some mayonnaise rear end mods from Wisconsin