Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

Why isn't anyone in America acting like this is some legit terrorist stuff? Seems like only a matter of time until they do something really serious.

The cops are on the same side as the terrorists hth

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

good important stuff

Cannot :hmmyes: with this enough. Its actually playing very heavily into my career and life choices over the last few years - I don't think anywhere will be perfectly safe, but I feel like its safer for me specifically to be in a big Californian city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

That's the other point. The cops are on the side of the Nazis. They want this too. I mean the white Nazis have a shared desire to massacre minorities and subjugate them.

To anyone outside the US this prolly seems like some big loving joke but it really isn't. The Nazis are feeding themselves Jordan Petersen and Tucker Carlson all day long while ending the night with posting how evil it is to give drug addicts clean needles and how the children have to be protected from the Democrat blood sucking leeches etc etc.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You really just have to puncture one of their carotid arteries and the rest of them die in a week from small cell anemia.

If you setup a Biden sign with the sign touching the grass they will trip over it with jackboots and unstitch their diabetic support socks and probably die on the spot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nazis vs transformers sounds like a much better premise for the next michael bay movie

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

If you setup a Biden sign with the sign touching the grass they will trip over it with jackboots and unstitch their diabetic support socks and probably die on the spot

The gout was their struggle all along. :hitler:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Endorph posted:

nazis vs transformers sounds like a much better premise for the next michael bay movie

Until it raises awkward questions like “why didn’t Optimus Prime stop the Holocaust?”

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Endorph posted:

It'd be better than any of them, gently caress those movies are awful

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Please for god sakes don't suggest transformers movies should delve into the untapped WW2 genre.

I do not need to see Nazis marginalizing transformers in lieu of Jews or polish people or some poo poo.

I don't need to see like transformer Treblinka being liberated by Optimus David

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Regalingualius posted:

Until it raises awkward questions like “why didn’t Optimus Prime stop the Holocaust?”

makes u think

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It'd be better than any of them, gently caress those movies are awful

My favorite part is when they're sliding down the falling skyscraper and they're like "oh my god I'm so scared I'm sliding down a skyscraper"

That actually may be my favorite part of any movie ever.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Please for god sakes don't suggest transformers movies should delve into the untapped WW2 genre.

I do not need to see Nazis marginalizing transformers in lieu of Jews or polish people or some poo poo.

I don't need to see like transformer Treblinka being liberated by Optimus David

I went straight to DALL-E but 'Optimus Prime stops the Holocaust' and 'Optimus Prime fights Nazis' were outside terms of service. 'Optimus Prime fights ww2' came back with some doofy claymation bit where he's punching a not-Megatron :shrug:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Megatron being an artillery cannon, propeller plane Starscream, and Soundwave would be a drat phonograph.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

War Wizard posted:

Megatron being an artillery cannon

the walther p38 is literally a nazi gun

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Nazis vs Transformers is actually a thing Micheal Bay has done.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSSxAdDhuU

Did Sir Anthony Hopkins take this role on a dare or something? WTF

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Fornax Disaster posted:

Oh gently caress lol. Michael Bay is a god drat monster and must be stopped.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Fornax Disaster posted:

:stare:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Fornax Disaster posted:

hahahaha this is awesome for so many reasons i can barely handle it lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sometimes poo poo just becomes so stupid it's almost endearing. I laughed at the end of the kingsman prequel where hitler is introduced to lenin

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Caesar Saladin posted:

Why isn't anyone in America acting like this is some legit terrorist stuff? Seems like only a matter of time until they do something really serious.

"It's really easy for any idiot with a gun to take out the power grid" isn't really something you want to publicize too badly.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m pretty sure there was a Transformers/GI Joe crossover comic a while back that took place during WW2.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m pretty sure there was a Transformers/GI Joe crossover comic a while back that took place during WW2.

Where Were the Autobots at Auschwitz?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Caesar Saladin posted:

Americans can't be terrorists. HTH.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Philthy posted:

its so stupid everyone tiptoes around conservatives blowing up and shooting everyone in this country.. wouldnt want to offend them!

Caesar Saladin posted:

I work in infrastructure protection and I posted this in the previous substation nazi attack thread.

Hazo posted:

Here’s today’s Carolinas AGC (Associated General Contractors) report on the terrorist attacks, in case you were wondering how hard this NC-based publication is trying NOT to mention how they’re politically motivated terrorism.

https://www.cagc.org//CAGC/Advocacy...mz%20Traffic#NC

quote:

Moore County Power Outage
Gov. Roy Cooper on Monday condemned the sabotage of electrical substations in Moore County that left thousands without power as a “criminal attack” and said the incident represented a new kind of threat for officials to deal with.

“Protecting critical infrastructure like our power system must be a top priority. This kind of attack raises a new level of threat,” Cooper said during a press conference Monday afternoon. “We will be evaluating ways to work with our utility providers and state and federal officials to make sure we harden our infrastructure where that’s necessary, and work to prevent future damage.”

Cooper spoke to reporters after meeting with state and local officials who are working on restoring power to tens of thousands of residents and investigating the attack on the two substations that were damaged by gunfire Saturday evening. He said he visited one of the damaged substations earlier in the day, and thanked Duke Energy employees for working “around the clock” to repair and replace the electrical equipment.

While the power restoration effort is underway, Cooper said, officials are focused on helping residents get through the next few days. “Helping the vulnerable people and the places where they live, including adult care homes, is a priority,” Cooper said. “Making sure that people are warm as the night approaches, making sure people are cared for, making sure that critical services at hospitals, at law enforcement, at emergency management services are supported and available — all of that is crucial.”

Earlier, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said during a press briefing that the White House was monitoring the situation and would provide local officials with “any assistance needed on the ground to help them.”

On Sunday, Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields said power outages began after 7 p.m. and proceeded to spread across central and southern Moore County. As of midday Monday, more than 33,600 homes and businesses remained without power, The News & Observer reported.

Jeff Brooks, a spokesperson for Duke Energy, said Monday morning the utility company was able to restore power to about 7,000 customers by Sunday night, but that it may take until as long as Thursday to restore power to the majority of customers, as the company tries to replace equipment “that is a little more complex to complete.” Brooks reiterated that assessment of the timeline to restore power Monday afternoon, noting that some equipment would need to be transported to the area and installed safely before power could resume.

In the meantime, to assist the community while the power is out, Duke Energy has pledged an initial commitment of $100,000 to the Red Cross and other organizations, he said.

Officials continued on Monday to provide updates and issue statements on the attack on the substations. “Violence of any kind is unacceptable, and law enforcement is absolutely dedicated to getting to the bottom of what happened in Moore County,” N.C. Attorney General Josh Stein said in a statement. Laura Brewer, a spokesperson for Stein, said his office has been in contact with Duke Energy and law enforcement to receive regular updates. Brewer also noted that since the county has declared a state of emergency, the state’s price gouging law is in effect.

An official at the Department of Homeland Security said the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is supporting the recovery effort as well. “Secretary Mayorkas has been briefed on the outages impacting residents in Moore County,” Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs Marsha Espinosa told McClatchy. “DHS will continue to share information with the FBI, and state and local authorities as the investigation unfolds. CISA leadership and regional teams have offered support to Duke Energy as they work to restore service.”

In a statement, U.S. Rep. Richard Hudson, who ran for reelection this year in a district that covers Moore County, and lives in Southern Pines, thanked Fields, local law enforcement, the State Bureau of Investigation and FBI for their quick response to the incident. On his website, Hudson’s office provided an update with resources, including information about a shelter at the Moore County Sports Complex.

Rep. Ben Moss, R-Montgomery, who also ran for reelection in a state House district that includes Moore County, said the attack was “reprehensible,” adding that the “responsible party needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.”

In recent years, cyber attacks on utilities and other public services have drawn plenty of attention, but state and federal officials have been worried about physical attacks too. An attack on a substation near San Jose in 2013 prompted a congressional hearing about power grid vulnerabilities. Shooters with an assault rifle fired 150 rounds into the Pacific Gas and Electric substation, CNN reported. PG&E avoided disruptions by rerouting power, but the repairs took nearly a month.

Later that year, an Arkansas man set fire to a substation, pulled down a power line and damaged an electric tower in a series of attacks in the central part of the state that temporarily left 9,000 people without power. Federal officials said the attacks caused more than $4.5 million in damages. Jason Woodring, 46, pleaded guilty to federal charges and received a 15-year sentence. He told a judge he saw it as a way to cause an emergency that would bring people together, The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported.
Not a word about white supremacist groups, drag shows, or the white power leader lady who admitted she organized it. Just random guys plinkin’, just like in other states, what’re ya gonna do?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Drag supremacists are shutting down white shows as well. As George Washington said, "There are two sides to a pair of slacks, buster!"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Captain Beans posted:

What owns is that everyone is gonna pay for this through increased utility bills, whether it’s to pay to repair damage or increased security measures.

It’s a slam dunk case where Utilities will present to their state’s utility board and say “look at these increased costs!! We have to protect our assets!” and it’s actually pretty legit. State Utility boards will agree and allow for rate increases to offset the costs. Utilities never just eat losses.

Thanks terrorists!

Me and my chud friends are going to start government funded utility security contractor groups and bank it up :twisted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Regalingualius posted:

Where Were the Autobots at Auschwitz?

Standoff with the Decepticons.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Aren't Decepticon trains canonical??

maskenfreiheit2
Dec 26, 2022

precision posted:

You seem to be confused op, terrorists are brown

terrorists are more of a caramel hue tbh, i still remember one coworker who'd gripe to me the saudis had to send her to cmu because they wouldn't let her near anything nuclear and then they wouldn't just let her stroll into the zero day fault at cert during a summer intership.

(she quit talking to me when i asked her if she understands i'm not literally retarded, just autistic, and that i'm still mad about ksa doing 9/11)

brown people are india, who are usually either sikh, or fans of the hit bad girl rapper "MIA", both of which are cool, though MIA's probaby got a knife too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
remember when the nazis ran and hid from the juggalos a couple years ago lmfao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Settle down you stupid kid there's nobody in the house, unless

Oh god grandpa

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's the other point. The cops are on the side of the Nazis. They want this too. I mean the white Nazis have a shared desire to massacre minorities and subjugate them.

To anyone outside the US this prolly seems like some big loving joke but it really isn't. The Nazis are feeding themselves Jordan Petersen and Tucker Carlson all day long while ending the night with posting how evil it is to give drug addicts clean needles and how the children have to be protected from the Democrat blood sucking leeches etc etc.

Nazis are bad, but your commie pinko “omg I have to move my neighbors might be republicans” shtick is bad for everyone’s brain cells.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Colonel Cancer posted:

Aren't Decepticon trains canonical??

Optimus Prime is canonically Jewish and circumcised.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tnuctip posted:

Nazis are bad, but your commie pinko “omg I have to move my neighbors might be republicans” shtick is bad for everyone’s brain cells.

It really is pathetic, like so desperate to be a Main Character that's fighting against inhuman cackling madmen

Like.... Grow up

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

kntfkr posted:

Optimus Prime is canonically Jewish and circumcised.

It’s true, his Hebrew name is הכי טוב ראשון

maskenfreiheit2
Dec 26, 2022
everyone i know who wants to shut down the power grid was in students for a democratic society and/or the university four square club, not the GOP

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
The trains ran themselves on time.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

maskenfreiheit2 posted:

everyone i know who wants to shut down the power grid was in students for a democratic society and/or the university four square club, not the GOP

Lmao

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

the sky is falling.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's honestly truly funny that the Christian fascists are going to be indistinguishable from fundamentalist Islam in 10 years or less.

More like 10 years ago. There's only three things different. Color of skin, choice of gun, and choice of book.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I think we can cross off MAGA/Boogaloo/RAHOWA as the motive behind the Washington attack at least. They caught two guys who are now looking at 20-30 years in federal prison. Whoever did the NC attacks is probably feeling increasingly isolated.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/south-sound-news/2-men-charged-attacks-4-pierce-county-utility-substations/GPL4RPGKFBGZBGSWPZU37WKGO4/

quote:

According to court documents, the attacks on the substations were attempts to cover up a burglary at a local business, where Crahan drilled out a lock, and Greenwood stole from a cash register.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Can we get a thread name change

Hillbillies vs Transformers: ATM power outage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I've never heard of a cash register with money in it after hours. Did they cause millions in damages for $50?