Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you can’t celebrate killing a dude with a clean, legal hit that doesn’t gently caress up his brain or destroy his lower extremities then what’s left for DEs?

Clean, yes. Legal, not since 2018. Can't land on the QB* with full body weight.

*: many exceptions apply!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Did he seriously not get flagged for taunting there?? They throw a flag at everything else

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Clean, yes. Legal, not since 2018. Can't land on the QB* with full body weight.

*: many exceptions apply!

I’m not about to try to interpret the spirit of the bodyweight rule based on how it’s applied, but it wasn’t flagged.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What if Nick Foles just has bad vibes

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
:siren:Noted Homo Superior Tom Brady has locked up a spot in the NFL Playoffs:siren:

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1609670575047282691?t=OkJW5sbBglEHxhJuOcgVKA&s=19

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

only one man had the courage to go out and win the nfc south in 2022. can patrick mahomes say that?? no, he cannot

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

god i hope gisele takes his starting QB job in the divorce settlement

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

haljordan posted:

I mean don't discount the fact that he was aware and is just a huge dickhead. He was also making "go to sleep" gestures while standing on the sidelines.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1609634323447021576

Just a stunning piece of poo poo.

That's Oregon for ya

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Bellmaker posted:

Did he seriously not get flagged for taunting there?? They throw a flag at everything else

No see, he didn't count to three or throw up a peace sign so it's fine. Also I feel like it says bad things about the Colts morale that Thibodeaux didn't get jumped on by a bunch of outraged O linesmen.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 2, 2023

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Molesting his own son again for all the world to see empower Tom Brady to conquer the nfc south once again.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nervous posted:

:siren:Noted Homo Superior Tom Brady has locked up a spot in the NFL Playoffs:siren:

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1609670575047282691?t=OkJW5sbBglEHxhJuOcgVKA&s=19

He looked goated as hell in the game yesterday :swoon:

As much as I want the Bucs to win the Super Bowl I can’t stop thinking about the Vikings winning it all lol :getin:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I enjoyed watching Brady scream at his receivers yesterday after he overthrew them by five yards. Dickhead.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Time for some Kelce respect

https://twitter.com/LanceTHESPOKEN/status/1609994813440491521

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love him

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

It's hard not to honestly

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Patrick Spens posted:

No see, he didn't count to three or throw up a peace sign so it's fine. Also I feel like it says bad things about the Colts morale that Thibodeaux didn't get jumped on by a bunch of outraged O linesmen.

Yeah he was there for 10 seconds celebrating and kept going even when he saw Foles was hurt. Then that go to sleep gesture on the sideline. One of the Colts linemen should have gone after him, but the entire team is checked out and just wants to get the season done with. I think Pittman and Buckner were about the only guys showing emotion during the game. They've got to get a coach in there to light a fire under their asses, because Saturday isn't doing it.

But that Giants player is trash.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Sincere question from someone who could probably answer his own query with like five minutes of research: What's the GTEOAT discussion like around Kelce? I'm assuming there are a few folks making the case for him to have it already on lock, but what are the major hurdles he has to clear to be up for broader consideration? Longevity? Being a better blocker?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cool stats. Kittle is still better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everyone is going to say Gronk because of blocking which just :lol: and also Kelce is a pretty willing and able blocker just not in comparison to Gronk and Kittle.

edit: lmao I'm just getting beaten left and right

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

kiimo posted:

edit: lmao I'm just getting beaten left and right

Just like Kelce on a running play.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Kelce is a great WR. He plays TE, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seriously, though. I think Kelce is a great tight end and I'd much rather have him as Kittles backup then nearly every other TE in the league.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I dunno he's pretty sick tbh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1610018711091515392

SUNDAY NIGHT LOINS BITCH

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's why Emmitt Smith was a better running back than Barry Sanders. Pass protection.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It's hosed up they aren't having the Packers/Lions game at the same time as the Seahawks/Rams game. If Seattle loses that game is a win and in, but if Seattle wins they eliminate the Lions from the playoffs so they don't have anything to play for (and if the Packers win they eliminate Seattle).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

It's hosed up they aren't having the Packers/Lions game at the same time as the Seahawks/Rams game. If Seattle loses that game is a win and in, but if Seattle wins they eliminate the Lions from the playoffs so they don't have anything to play for (and if the Packers win they eliminate Seattle).

The Lions will play to eliminate the hated Packers.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah, if they really wanted high stakes they would've had Tits/Jags for SNF, but then again who gives a poo poo about Tits/Jags, Saturday night is the perfect time to decide the AFC South (since we can't do it on Thursday).

Also funny because we already had Packers/Lions as the last SNF game back in 2016 (albeit in Detroit that time).

Anyway I think we all know the Seahawks will lose and the Lions will blow it, might as well have their final humiliation on primetime.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lifespan posted:

It means the NFL expects the Seahawks to take care of business, and that they think the Lions will play to win regardless of whether or not it gets them into the playoffs.

Given how they've been doing under Campbell, and given how lifeless the Rams have looked this season, I think both are pretty safe gambles to make.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's actually a win win for the Lions in regards to the Rams game. If the Rams win, their playoff hopes are alive. If the Rams lose, Detroit's top of the draft #1 pick is higher.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Lions aren't going to roll over if they are eliminated, but who knows what that does to a player's determination. That's the reason why traditionally they schedule these sorts of games to be played at the same time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It means the NFL expects the Seahawks to take care of business, and that they think the Lions will play to win regardless of whether or not it gets them into the playoffs.

Given how they've been doing under Campbell, and given how lifeless the Rams have looked this season, I think both are pretty safe gambles to make.

Did you miss the game where they scored 51 points a week ago?

They're still bad and missing key players but aren't necessarily lifeless with Baker at WB, plus Seahawks/Rams games are always weird as hell so who knows what will happen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

If the Rams lose, Detroit's top of the draft #1 pick is higher.

Looking at tankathon I think it literally doesn't matter for Detroit's own first-rounder if they beat Green Bay (presuming Seattle wins), they'll still be #17. So there's minimal incentive here to tank the game even if they're eliminated earlier in the day.

Because of the Lions' strength of schedule even if multiple of the 8-8 and 7-9 teams win they'll be moving up like at best 2-3 spots if they lose next weekend.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looking at tankathon I think it literally doesn't matter for Detroit's own first-rounder if they beat Green Bay (presuming Seattle wins), they'll still be #17. So there's minimal incentive here to tank the game even if they're eliminated earlier in the day.

Because of the Lions' strength of schedule even if multiple of the 8-8 and 7-9 teams win they'll be moving up like at best 2-3 spots if they lose next weekend.

Right but I'm talking about the Rams pick that is going to Detroit for Stafford, currently at 6

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Did you miss the game where they scored 51 points a week ago?

They're still bad and missing key players but aren't necessarily lifeless with Baker at WB, plus Seahawks/Rams games are always weird as hell so who knows what will happen.

You mean against a Denver team that visibly quit on DangeRuss and Hackett and had nothing meaningful to play for?

Outside the Broncos game the Rams have scored 17, 12, and 10 points with Mayfield. Seattle is a lot closer to Green Bay and Los Angeles than they are to Denver.

kiimo posted:

Right but I'm talking about the Rams pick that is going to Detroit for Stafford, currently at 6

That would be why I specified Detroit's other first-round pick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1610028930429497344

go bengals

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

You mean against a Denver team that visibly quit on DangeRuss and Hackett and had nothing meaningful to play for?

Outside the Broncos game the Rams have scored 17, 12, and 10 points with Mayfield. Seattle is a lot closer to Green Bay and Los Angeles than they are to Denver.

That would be why I specified Detroit's other first-round pick.

The Seahawks got swept by the NFC South. They are 2-5 in their last 7 games. They barely beat the Rams the first meeting. They should be favored to win but it’s by no means a lock, they’re absolutely capable of losing to bad teams.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair they did look better against the jets which I think are about on the same tier as the Rams right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Why is the bengals week 18 game possibly at two times