Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

bows1 posted:

Why is the bengals week 18 game possibly at two times

Possible flex spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair they did look better against the jets which I think are about on the same tier as the Rams right now

The Jets are just completely lifeless. Their coaches look lost and the players just bored or disgusted. At least the Rams still appear to be trying.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

haljordan posted:

Possible flex spot?

Yeah. If the Bengals lose tonight it's for the division so the NFL would want it for the 4 pm time slot. If they win, it's a meaningless game for the Ravens.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals were also done a favor with the fact that the Chiefs will be playing on Saturday. If the bengals win tonight That allows them to know whether or not the first round bye is in play.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I just need Josh Allen and Joe Burrow to combine for 525 yards passing, the actual score is irrelevant to me

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/APgelston/status/1610037707023212544?t=XrX_Nu9kpma0gVf0C0j7lg&s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bows1 posted:

Listen: Joe Burrow has been sacked so much he become unstuck in time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Burrow is going to beat the Bills today because I need the AFC championship to be in KC so the playoff game is Sunday night, not Saturday day when I'm skiing

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

bows1 posted:

Uncertainty principle. We can't be sure what time the game is actually at until we observe it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Posting this just for kawalimus

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status/1609997932618547202?s=20

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals were also done a favor with the fact that the Chiefs will be playing on Saturday. If the bengals win tonight That allows them to know whether or not the first round bye is in play.

The Bills benefit too. If the Bills win and KC loses on Saturday then the Bills can rest starters.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pasaluki posted:

The Bills benefit too. If the Bills win and KC loses on Saturday then the Bills can rest starters.

Chargers too. If Baltimore loses to Cincinnati, the Chargers clinch the 5 seed and can rest starters

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Listen: Joe Burrow has been sacked so much he become unstuck in time.

wanted you to know this was appreciated

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

On a John Harbaugh team the coordinators are more or less the co-coaches. John Harbaugh has no authority or command of the team whatsoever

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Kawalimus posted:

On a John Harbaugh team the coordinators are more or less the co-coaches. John Harbaugh has no authority or command of the team whatsoever

Lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Who?

edit: oh, apparently the Sixer's HC.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 3, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Ravens are currently not good offensively because their superstar MVP QB is currently injured and not playing. Hth.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cat or snake?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Ravens are currently not good offensively because their superstar MVP QB is currently injured and not playing. Hth.

With Lamar there and healthy they've still blown games and leads (at one point 3 in 5 games, and a second away from a fourth), including one to the Jags even Wikipedia made fun of them for

quote:

the Ravens collapsed entirely, allowing a Jaguars comeback drive that ended with a Marvin Jones Jr. touchdown and a Zay Jones 2 point conversion to give the Jaguars the lead. After making a pathetic attempt to get Justin Tucker to kick the longest NFL field goal, set by Tucker himself, the kick fell short, and the Jaguars won.

If you don't want to argue that it's on Harbaugh and he's actually perfect, then ???

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Why is the game not on until 830?? :argh:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Relentlessboredomm posted:

wanted you to know this was appreciated

:tipshat:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

Why is the game not on until 830?? :argh:

Rose Bowl's on ESPN right now. Guessing that's part of it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Who?

edit: oh, apparently the Sixer's HC.

The Sixers current HC, who is not good so I hope he stays there forever

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hey, Doc Rivers won a ring as head coach of the Celtics*!

*with HOF players Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and defensive assistant coach Tom Thibodeaux

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Owner of the Thibbesdale Thibodeux???

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What a horrific way to end the week.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Jesus Christ...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1610103769790050306

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
What a bloody goddamn weekend, in general. There were at LEAST three horrific showstopper injuries I can think of, including this one, and I'm probably missing some.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

such a good week of football ended with such a loving tragedy, god drat.

there needs to be a serious referendum on player safety

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Two days in and 2023 can get hosed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Well, that was horrible.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Just kinda stunned, screw the nfl for trying to resume play I’m glad the coaches told them to piss off

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The bengals fan with the makeshift "Pray for Buffalo #3" sign.

:smith:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:geno:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

To be fair the Eagles can't blow a 3-1 series lead so Doc probably feels safe making NFL playoff predictions.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Well, that was not the fun game I was looking forward. Pull through this Hamlin :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spaced God posted:

such a good week of football ended with such a loving tragedy, god drat.

This was just a freak incident though. Even a perfectly textbook tackle puts a player at the same level of risk as the hit tonight.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

i had the eriksen thing in my head when i saw it. i knew it was bad when i realized that my thought was 'i hope that's *just* a concussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Spaced God posted:

yes absolutely, but that was a completely routine, safe tackle

nothing could've prevented that, that's why it's so extra horrible.