Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who three teams do you think are most likelyh to win the super bowl. for me i gotta go with the eagles, and second place the chjargers, and third is the big cowboys. everyone else kicks eachothers rear end too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm going to kick your rear end too much with a silly list like that.

Hahaha, just kidding. You're alright. Happy Holidays.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cavauro posted:

who three teams do you think are most likelyh to win the super bowl. ...third is the big cowboys.

:mods:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

what about the small cowboys?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

I posted this on NFL reddit earlier this year (I blame alcohol for this terrible lapse in judgement) and was surprised to get loving dogpiled. Chargers medical staff stan was not a genre of poster I expected to exist. "Bro it was just an accident, anyone could have done it, are you cool getting fired every time you make a mistake at work too bro?" Idk I feel like there is a wide gulf between bringing someone the wrong check at Chili's or making the button on their website blue instead of green and almost killing them :shrug:

My favorite take is that the doctor was paid by Herbert's agent

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Docjowles posted:

I posted this on NFL reddit earlier this year (I blame alcohol for this terrible lapse in judgement) and was surprised to get loving dogpiled. Chargers medical staff stan was not a genre of poster I expected to exist. "Bro it was just an accident, anyone could have done it, are you cool getting fired every time you make a mistake at work too bro?" Idk I feel like there is a wide gulf between bringing someone the wrong check at Chili's or making the button on their website blue instead of green and almost killing them :shrug:

Of all the NFL groups to defend, Chargers medical staff is the one I'd least likely predict. Unless they're a fan of another AFCW team I guess.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News :
https://twitter.com/annieagar/status/1607774934805409797?s=46&t=c2YBU4IZk5SfjOAw8eSD-A

Views:
:lol:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
"We wanted to do a Nativity scene in front of Mile High Stadium but between the front office, Nathaniel Hackett, and Russell Wilson we couldn't find three wise men."

Savage.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

"FTX would've been a better investment."

too true :eng99:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like it when the refs talk.

No reason.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sessler already on a mission.

https://twitter.com/MarcSessler/status/1607816947055616001

https://twitter.com/MarcSessler/status/1607173831898324992

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"I thought only Brett Favre did that"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

abelwingnut posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1607816218840375296

one of the more obvious tank jobs i can remember. and i can't blame them, really.

Well yeah, at this point they need to try and get in position to draft Stroud or Young. Wouldn't surprise me if they also traded picks with the Bears, so trying to get to 3 or 4 in the draft helps there too.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Texans @ Colts might be a game for the ages.... for the Bears.

Imagine the pure joy of a Bears fan if the Texans beat the Colts, locking them into the #1 seed and the haul of all desperate hauls from a thirsty team.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mega64 posted:

Then why does the Chargers doc who stabbed Tyrod's lung still have a job?

The concussion people are employed with the consent of the league and PA. If one side says that person is fired then they are.

Team doctors are employees of the team and the union has no say

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Imagine the pure joy of a Bears fan if the Texans beat the Colts, locking them into the #1 seed and the haul of all desperate hauls from a thirsty team.

Indy has serious tank motivation here as well. It would be hilarious.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

I don't think the Texans will lose the top draft spot but yeah, Bears fans gotta be hoping for that because that will be a nice haul to trade out of. But even at 2 they'll probably still be able to get some good value.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The tanking stuff is especially entertaining with half the bad teams already trading their first round picks to good teams.

One of the more minor reasons Broncos/Rams was so fascinating. Two eliminated teams with nothing to play for, and neither even has a pick to tank for!

...Not that most players of a team even give a poo poo about where their team picks. They want to win and/or play and/or get paid. Why should a backup linebacker getting their one shot to play who may not even be with the team next year give a poo poo whether the team gets the #4 or #5 pick depending on if they win today?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah the only real way to tank is via personnel decisions, e.g. deciding you're comfortable with a QB room where the most talented healthy player is Curtis Painter.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think the Texans will lose the top draft spot but yeah, Bears fans gotta be hoping for that because that will be a nice haul to trade out of. But even at 2 they'll probably still be able to get some good value.

Probably not, but Lovie knows he isn't keeping that job, the players want to win for their own pride and careers. The best bird they can all flip to the Texans is winning that game. C'mon Brandin Cooks, they refused to trade you when the season was lost, give 'em a win to remember you by.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm fine with the Jags winning the division if the Texans beat both the Jags and the Colts, not even because I want them to miss the #1 pick, but because it'd be hilarious that the 4-12-1 Texans would end up having the best record within the AFC South.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Watt is retiring.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1607772044195778562?t=Au-dnqB_wAl82b7x6lBh4w&s=19

The most amazingly talented total loser the NFL has ever seen.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Kalli posted:

bears can still win out.

so can the texans

which leaves the number one pick to .... :hawksin:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should do a tv show where joe thomas gains back 100 pounds and that's the first few episodes. and then jj watt goes up against him for 25 "snaps" and watt has to win 5 of the matchups by grabbing a flag off a pole within 3 seconds. and then they have a press conference and all the viewers have to vote which one of them will whine the hardest about hard work and being a real man, etc.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Watt is retiring.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1607772044195778562?t=Au-dnqB_wAl82b7x6lBh4w&s=19

The most amazingly talented total loser the NFL has ever seen.

JJ at least played in the postseason.

Joe Thomas on the other hand...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Playing Nick Foles is 100% a tank maneuver.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Until the Giants find a spectacular way to lose.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

It would be the first time the Bears ever had the first overall pick in the draft post-merger

They last had a first overall pick in 1947. It was RB Bob Fenimore, who was drafted despite injury history and retired after that season (played 10 of the 12 games) after discovering he could make more money and be happier selling life insurance than being a Bear

quote:

He finished his injury-shortened college career with 23 school records, including season and career total offense, and yards rushing and passing.

Even though his senior season had been ruined by injuries, the Chicago Bears made Fenimore the No. 1 pick in the 1947 NFL draft. He got a $2,000 signing bonus and three-year, $27,000 contract.

"I went ahead and played a year with the Bears, but it was kind of a waste of time," Fenimore said. "From one standpoint, I could earn more money selling life insurance than I could playing for the Bears."

So Fenimore retired after one pro football season.

the 2001 article posted:

A year before retiring from football in 1947, and on the very day he graduated from A&M, Bob Fenimore went to work for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance in Oklahoma City. He and his wife, Veta Jo, lived in the city for seven years, and he rose to the level of supervisor.

"Then an opportunity came up where they wanted a district agency in Stillwater," Fenimore said. "The general agent asked me if I'd like to move to Stillwater, and it didn't take me long to say yes to that. That was the best move that I have ever made from a business standpoint."

Bob and Veta Jo have lived in Stillwater since 1953. They have lived in the same house on Fairway Drive, next to the Stillwater Country Club golf course, since 1978.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RyanDePaul/status/1607841440897589249?t=-jqZRd4r40LAAyn1KsysUQ&s=19

Curious!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Sounds like they need an HC from a defensive background. Get away from those dammed McVay OC's.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sounds like they need an HC from a defensive background. Get away from those dammed McVay OC's.

Wait til I tell you what Staley's background is

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Wait til I tell you what Staley's background is

Certainly some Belichick coordinator? No way he could be from a defensive background and from such an innovative staff like McVays.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

It would be the first time the Bears ever had the first overall pick in the draft post-merger

They last had a first overall pick in 1947. It was RB Bob Fenimore, who was drafted despite injury history and retired after that season (played 10 of the 12 games) after discovering he could make more money and be happier selling life insurance than being a Bear

I love old timey sports stories like that, it's like glimpsing an alternate dimension. My mother in law grew up poor in an unremarkable neighborhood in Boston. Her neighbor was Ted Williams, at a time when he was emerging as one of the most famous and successful baseball players in the world. He would say hi to her and her brothers when he got off public transportation after the game. All of this seems almost unimaginable in the modern world.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Chris James 2 posted:

That's pretty cool

The bears historically don't draft high. Prior to trubs at #3, they hadn't had a top 3 pick since the early 70s. Only picked #2 in 39 and 51.

2 1st, 2 2nd, 5 3rd prior to trubs, now they'll do that a second time in a decade. The mighty have fallen

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 28, 2022

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Certainly some Belichick coordinator? No way he could be from a defensive background and from such an innovative staff like McVays.

Why would you want a belichick disciple as HC :laffo:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bellmaker posted:

Your an owner who hates yourself, your fan base, and also hate money and success and just want to see it all come crashing down in a pile of poo poo?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would suggest that the belichick coordinator mention was made due to the very fact that staley has done poorly with his defense, rather than the opposite which you've picked up due to the aforementioned mention

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

perhaps you haven't picked up that impression at all. It's the Cincinnati Bengals.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

I wouldn't even want 2022 Belichick as HC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Hard to watch knowing this lady was mad at Kap for not standing for the flag.