Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i am a moron posted:

He’s supposedly a really cool guy and an extremely tough competitor so you’re probably reading way too far into who he is based on him getting heated during a game

Probably! As someone who doesn’t know much about him that’s the only read u can get solely from that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
A terrible part about every sport is always getting to the end point and thinking about all the teams I actually want to see succeed, and of course they can't all do so.

I want the Vikings to win it all, of course. The sheer insanity of that happening would be amazing and God knows the team's overdue. I doubt there's ever going to be another season like this one. But I'd love to see the Lions win it too, great team, great staff, great fans. The Bills, same thing. Amazing fanbase, love their golden retriever of a QB and the rest of the team. The Chargers, the Jags, the Seahawks... And then there's all the ones who didn't make it to the postseason who I'd have loved to see have that shot.

It's coming down to the great What Ifs.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Anyone that has had their personal favorite player disparaged in any way this year should be sitting back and having a hearty lol over this JJ suspension/expulsion/not an MVP candidate debate. Idgaf about JJ but this whole convo is laughable

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1609600555906637827?t=pCOuEGfxSmc6WOG51_2jpQ&s=19

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Why is he not Commander Tuddy?

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

i am a moron posted:

He’s supposedly a really cool guy and an extremely tough competitor so you’re probably reading way too far into who he is based on him getting heated during a game

Ah yes, the Suh defense.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

justin jefferson deserves lifetime expulsion from the national football league for the grave crime of not hitting a ref with his helmet

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1609803125455572995

now it's highly possible the nbc game will be ravens/bengals

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s not uncommon to have hardware removed after bones heal. Healing bones regularly push out screws for example.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1609561488414457861?s=46&t=PRvRbAyjRVRsIeUPhgi7Dg

What? My understanding is that the only time you'd ever take out orif hardware is if it broke/became painful/infection, I've never seen screws getting pushed out. I've seen plenty of broken hardware where they just go around it or wrap a bunch of wire around it and call it a day lol. I swear to God I will never understand how physicians arrive at decisions for treatment.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Also, this whole thread is loving shameful for not respecting that Justin Jefferson simply had a heated gamer moment.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You’ll have to forgive everyone. Itchy posting finger after bad takes. It’s going around.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Asproigerosis posted:

Also, this whole thread is loving shameful for not respecting that Justin Jefferson simply had a heated gamer moment.

He needs to cool off in a waffle house

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Crazy how no one else noticed it before. Crazy how it keeps happening to the same franchise.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Maybe everyone in Miami is a loving moron so they really can't tell without struggling

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Uh oh someone's itchy postin' fingers actin up again

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Woosah

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just realized Pickett threw 3 picks after his concussion, too. Seems to be the trend.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Players thinking to much

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is truly incredible.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

who are the vikings likely playing in the playoffs?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

who are the vikings likely playing in the playoffs?

Well, they will be the 3 seed unless the 49ers lose to the Cardinals. Which means Giants.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well, they will be the 3 seed unless the 49ers lose to the Cardinals. Which means Giants.

What happens when a fraudulent force meets a fraudulent object?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

What happens when a fraudulent force meets a fraudulent object?

I'm not sure which is which but I believe that's the story of Eli Manning and his son Tom Brady

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Maybe everyone in Miami is a loving moron so they really can't tell without struggling

Maybe! Good thing the hip meme coach spotted it though. Good luck Tua!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i usually go out and throw a few balls every other day or so to wind down and center myself. i couldn't really tell you anything specific about them either and i just took some throws less than 20 hours ago.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

BrownThunder posted:

Crazy how no one else noticed it before. Crazy how it keeps happening to the same franchise.

It's not exactly a rarity that a concussion doesn't have symptoms until later, and his media availability after the Packers game was normal.

They don't exactly deserve a loving medal for it all things considered but the Dolphins putting a guy who didn't report symptoms into the concussion protocols based on film review while the playoffs were on the line is pretty much the high water mark of the NFL's concussion protocols.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

It's not exactly a rarity that a concussion doesn't have symptoms until later, and his media availability after the Packers game was normal.

They don't exactly deserve a loving medal for it all things considered but the Dolphins putting a guy who didn't report symptoms into the concussion protocols based on film review while the playoffs were on the line is pretty much the high water mark of the NFL's concussion protocols.

The irony here being it’s clearly an nfl problem.

The Steelers sent Kenny Pickett out there against the Ravens earlier in December after he was concussed. A series later the spotter pulled him. And this was Kenny’s second concussion (earlier in the season he started the very next game after suffering a concussion in the previous game) so you’d have assumed the nfl would be more focused on him, much like you’d have assumed they’d be focused on Tua. But alas, nope.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 2, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Bears are going to get the #1 pick

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1609977305085902850

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I loving hope they tie again.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yep that's who you want coaching your kids in high school

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1609977840237432832

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I knew Foles was dead as soon as he went down from where I was sitting.

Thibs should of been a little more aware.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

davecrazy posted:

He was. He didn't give a poo poo.

You can see him taking glances at Foles during the celebration and even adjusting his movements as to not touch Foles.

Thibodeaux is a perfect fit for New York.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

davecrazy posted:

I knew Foles was dead as soon as he went down from where I was sitting.

I mean don't discount the fact that he was aware and is just a huge dickhead. He was also making "go to sleep" gestures while standing on the sidelines.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1609634323447021576

Just a stunning piece of poo poo.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 2, 2023

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ok yeah get Nelson to cheap shot him or something. Didn't see the game so it seemed like dumb posturing from Saturday.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Celebration in question for anyone else who missed Colts-Giants (can't blame you)

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1609629778667278336

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jeff Saturday beating McDaniels right away and then literally no one else is loving hilarious.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
More like Jeff case of the Mondays.

Am I rite?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Celebration in question for anyone else who missed Colts-Giants (can't blame you)

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1609629778667278336

That's my former Duck :)

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jeff Saturday beating McDaniels right away and then literally no one else is loving hilarious.

It really is, especially with that "Raiders look horrible" tweet the week before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If you can’t celebrate killing a dude with a clean, legal hit that doesn’t gently caress up his brain or destroy his lower extremities then what’s left for DEs?