Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Smol brain: hiring former Belichick coordinators to be your team's head coach.

Galaxy brain: hiring former Belichick players to be your team's head coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Harry Privates posted:

Hard to watch knowing this lady was mad at Kap for not standing for the flag.

Oof she has some Real Bad Takes I was not aware of out there. Although as always I am super glad twitter didn't exist when I was in high school because I 100% would have posted a bunch of regrettable cringe poo poo too that has no relation to my adult world view.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean a lot of people hated Kaep at first because it came off as pretty self-promoting but were won over by the cause

I wonder how old she was

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shes 26 and kaepernick hasnt played a down in 6 years

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I mean a lot of people hated Kaep at first because it came off as pretty self-promoting but were won over by the cause

I wonder how old she was

Looks like about 20 at the time.

Honestly the Kaep tweets are the least cringe, she had one about how Felix Hernandez (baseball player) should straighten his hat cause this isn't the hood, and how every NFL player is either injured, suspended, in jail, or apologizing to try and avoid suspension and jail. Which were made when she was even younger, for what it's worth.

Anyway her comedy videos are incredible and hopefully she has grown past racist hot takes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Every time I make an argument for the other side I'm like immediately proven wrong. Every time.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Saying they are the mistakes of a teen is also kind of a technicality, where you think of a 14 year old and not someone who is potentially days away from being 20 if they were not already. While twitter did not exist when I was a teen, I could go back and watch ... Myth 1 or 2 replays with saved multiplayer chat from when I was 16/17 and not once did I do a racism (though there was cringy 90's leet speak where things were spelled things like "thanx").

If she has apologized I don't think there is any need to hold it over her head, if people are not given a path toward forgiveness then there is really no incentive for people to become better, vs just doubling down.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The funniest thing about the bad tweets is that irate Jags fans dug them up to get her cancelled after she made a pretty tame joke about the Jags being bad at football.

Imagine being so sensitive as a Jags fan that your first reaction when someone jokes that they are bad is to search their tweet history for ways to get them fired. That would turn into a full time job pretty quickly.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've never been able to sit through a single one of those videos. That repetitive format bores the hell out of me.

Also it's probably not great to be racist and lovely or whatever is going on with her.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

My political opinions were pretty trash until I was out of college.

Growth is possible and at some level you have to be able to enjoy content that isnt specifically political because no one is without sin for their whole political life.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The funniest thing about the bad tweets is that irate Jags fans dug them up to get her cancelled after she made a pretty tame joke about the Jags being bad at football.

Imagine being so sensitive as a Jags fan that your first reaction when someone jokes that they are bad is to search their tweet history for ways to get them fired. That would turn into a full time job pretty quickly.

NFL fan twitter, and Jags twitter in particular for some reason, really does seem to be horrible. I feel like every podcast I listen to at least once a season opens an episode with "jesus CHRIST jags twitter came after my entire family and even our pets after I sad something slightly negative about them"

Oh, right, Florida panhandle

Pain of Mind posted:

If she has apologized I don't think there is any need to hold it over her head, if people are not given a path toward forgiveness then there is really no incentive for people to become better, vs just doubling down.

yeah

I am not trying to bury this lady it's just legit the first I had heard any of this and am working through it

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 28, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she didn't talk about the bengals. the rest of the teams are related to her and her evil feelings.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nvm they was on there for 1 second and i didn't notice. but it could have been anyone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

nvm they was on there for 1 second and i didn't notice. but it could have been anyone.

no chargers :(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Docjowles posted:

NFL fan twitter, and Jags twitter in particular for some reason, really does seem to be horrible. I feel like every podcast I listen to at least once a season opens an episode with "jesus CHRIST jags twitter came after my entire family and even our pets after I sad something slightly negative about them"

Oh, right, Florida panhandle

Is the panhandle Jags territory or Saints? Pensacola is slightly closer to NOLA I think. Although I figure Florida people might stick with a Florida team.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think the little videos are that funny but not so much so that I wanna whine about it except for this post yes you may now start trashing me

edit: not accusing anyone else of whining--just me. im the big whiny baby man, no one else

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

no chargers :(

Cavauro posted:

she didn't talk about the bengals. the rest of the teams are related to her and her evil feelings.

ya'll have been winning without anything insane happening. nothing to talk about compared to the other poo poo out there.

also god bless insane floridians for being the crazy people in all venues including nfl fan twitter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ya'll have been winning without anything insane happening. nothing to talk about compared to the other poo poo out there.

also god bless insane floridians for being the crazy people in all venues including nfl fan twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ZkW5GhMhg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there truly was no chargers. i watched it a third time to make absolutely sure. phew! tell you what. the chargers are reminding me a whole lot of the 2021 cincinnati bengals in terms of coming up and coming on. turning it in. the main difference is where how they will probably be the 5 in the 5/4 game instead of the 4. but they're hot to trot for rig ht now. won't say any more in case it disrupts anything. but if i play them first i'm going to take a big poo poo!

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Shinjobi posted:

I don't think the little videos are that funny but not so much so that I wanna whine about it except for this post yes you may now start trashing me

edit: not accusing anyone else of whining--just me. im the big whiny baby man, no one else

It’s OK, I think I’ve only ever watched three of them and pretty sure I heard the exact same joke in two of those. If you like it, you like it and hopefully her worldview isn’t as bad these days.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I started developing my political stances in high school during the early aughts which was hardline libertarian cause I loved freedom and played a lot of counter strike so I thought guns were cool and evil libs stealing them. End of high school into college I went democrat because it turns out guns are out of control in america and bigotry/tax cuts into recession and tea party was super lovely and then OBAMA! Many such cases. Then I quickly went hard left because Obama and the center right democrats were just complicit accomplices in the scam that is the american two party gilded elite system. People can change and grow, I find the concept of digging up old poo poo from years ago incredibly problematic. It's like everyone forgets that homophobic slurs and toxic masculinity were THEE choices of insult in the 90s/00s.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This thread is shockingly reasonable for a football thread full of uh well, football fans and goons lol. Good stuff :hfive:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So any football stuff going on?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
have a sportscenter graphic

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here in about 12-15 hours we should be hearing about any of the first day of severe injuries from when they're just playing around; figuring out the plays and playing some ball within the team to test how they're going to play. i hope no one is hurt.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1607815584544346113?s=20&t=yc8tGkKhvEfwdOMpBtiUIQ

Views:
Too bad his ACL decided to blow up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also at least two of those three will not be there to play against 365 days from now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1608086711153885184

This seems like good news for the teams chasing the Commies.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Is Wentz really that much worse than Hinicke?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Which version? He’s just supremely unlikeable and also not very good at football. Sometimes that can move to “okay for this game”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

Absolutely, it’s a baffling decision

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They're resting Heinicke for the playoffs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Heinecke is probably as bad or worse than Wentz, people just like him a lot more and he's been the quarterback while the team has won.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Hyped for Wentz to cost a team a playoff spot for 2 seasons in a row.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Heinecke is a steady kind of middling, while Wentz has lower lows and sorta slightly higher highs I guess.

Also Heinecke has a per game win bonus, and that's money Dirty Dan doesn't have to be spending :v:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I've never been able to sit through a single one of those videos. That repetitive format bores the hell out of me.

Also it's probably not great to be racist and lovely or whatever is going on with her.

Don’t care about her tweets but absolutely agree that those videos she makes suck rear end and I watch the first 10 seconds with a frown and turn it off

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1608086711153885184

This seems like good news for the teams chasing the Commies.

He’s absolutely going to throw 3-4 TDs and absolutely dunk on the Browns. Washington will then re-sign him for 3 years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If Wentz gives Deshaun Watson another win I'm going to be pretty mad.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So I'm assuming Wentz can't hit the playing time incentive where the Colts get a higher draft pick?

Maybe this is a tank job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Allen making GBS threads on other AFCE QBs is reasonable and annoying.