Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

Garoppolo is gonna be available.

Jimmy doesn't deserve that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

Well, no. He was a hero last season, and only improved this year. I used to say that an NFL QB can't, simply cannot, have a signature interception. JimmyG doesn't have one anymore.

I am being brutally pragmatic here. The 49ers have a chance to have their top two QBs both be on their rookie contracts. This opens up a lot of cap room to pay other players, or even bring in another high-profile FA. York and Shanahan have to be considering this a very strong option.

Remember, this is the team that benched Joe Montana. Which made me a Chiefs fan, so that aspect of it worked out. But that's loving sacrilege. Joe. Benched.

I'm not saying we shouldn't move on from Jimmy if it's to our advantage, I just don't want to see him sent to the glue factory that is the Josh McDaniels Raiders.

Send him to the Packers instead :devil:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

Oh gently caress no, that'd be crue...
wait.

He's got plenty of experience winning at Lambeau when it counts so I think he'd be a natural choice to replace Qaron :laugh:

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 29, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ok who had “Blaine Gabbert saves people on his jet ski after they crashed their helicopter into the ocean”?

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1608804529000296448?s=20&t=1chQLXMhgOo9-QPv0V6QuA

I love news stories that sound like they could've been written via Mad Libs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waltzing Along posted:

Was cool for the 49ers to have the first pick in one of the worst drafts of all time.

Just imagine if Alex Smith had decent coaches for the first half decade of his career.

unl33t posted:

If only there would have been a HOF QB from the state available in that draft...

The mid-00s Niners would've crashed Rodgers into the dirt so goddamn hard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hughmoris posted:

I thought there was football today?! What is this day of rest poo poo? What is this bullshit?

It's a Saturday my dude.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

I had to double check to confirm that Cedric Benson had in fact died

Wait, he died?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s not tiers above anyone that isn’t a third stringer.

This is Brock Purdy erasure and I will not stand for it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bows1 posted:

Why is the bengals week 18 game possibly at two times

Listen: Joe Burrow has been sacked so much he become unstuck in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Relentlessboredomm posted:

wanted you to know this was appreciated

:tipshat: