Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I kinda feel the NFLPA or the league itself needs to do some sort of forced retirement for cases like Tuas. You get 3 concussions in a season? Donezo. I mean, any player under that situation should do it on their own but players want to play and sometimes you have to save a person from themself. It would be very unpopular but I bet those players would be happy about it later on in life.

I hope Tua never takes another snap and finds some other joy in his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s not like having a top 10 QB is actually all that helpful either. Over the past decade you’ve got Flacco, completely washed Peyton and Nick Foles winning one Super Bowl each, then Russ, Stafford and Mahomes with one each and Brady with the rest.

Russ had the benefit of the #1 defense in the league at the time. Stafford has always been at least fringe top 10 but couldn’t win poo poo on a bad team.

I don’t really know what the secret is other than “have Tom Brady.”

I was thinking similar but more along the lines of how the best team in the league seems to rarely win the super bowl any more. It's such a crap shoot in the playoffs and attrition is arguably the biggest factor in who gets there. That and the refs. Just look at the back to back KC super bowls. When they played the niners, they got very friendly refs and won even though they were probably not the better team. The next year they were definitely the better team but lost because the refs called everything. Swap the refs the two years and the results switch, as well.

Last year the best team was probably Buffalo, but they didn't make it. And if you go back quite a ways it's the same story nearly every year.

I think if you go back to the undefeated Pats team, they lost to a team that didn't even belong in the big game. And the rematch a few years later, again the Giants shouldn't have been there but attrition is what got them in.

Part of this is the parity that the salary cap brought in, of course. It definitely increases interest and money so the league is happy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why would they resign Jimmy? He's a free agent. They have two young QBs already. One of whom they went into the year as their starter and the other who appears to be the new GOAT. They need to back the brinks truck up for Bosa, anyway. Jimmy gone. Only way he plays again is if they have a massive blowout or flameout in the playoffs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TO gonna come out of retirement and tweet while in the huddle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Waifu Radia posted:

i didnt even think the raiders had any fans since they left good city for bad city tbqh

They are closer to LA now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

All six seasons were after the NFL made passing easy mode.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fartknocker posted:

Oh hey, it’s the 2010 Chargers again

Is that the one that was best in the league on O and D but had such bad ST they didn't make the playoffs?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Asproigerosis posted:

As a health care worker I do not loving understand what the gently caress cleaning up your core could possibly mean. Like this sounds like some alternative medicine qaaron poo poo.

3 steps:

1 - enema
2 - poop a lot
3 - bidet

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is he the reason the Vikings are so lucky?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I'd say CMC based on the 49ers being the best team in the league since he arrived.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Stats are similar but they look different out there. Purdy is going to be much more dangerous once he gets really comfortable. Jimmy G has constantly left points on the table by being conservative. He's also made things easier for the defenses. Purdy is opening things up way more.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My guess is is that as long as Purdy doesn't flame out, Lance will have to outperform him in 2023 pre-season in order to supplant him. As long as Purdy keeps playing like this it's his job to keep. You don't replace a young QB who is doing this sort of thing. No matter how much talent the other guy has.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did you see that catch vs the Bills

Yeah. And then the Vikings got lucky to win when the Bills inexplicably fumbled the ball when all they had to do was not fumble and they would have won. An unforced fumble.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As much as you can feel bad for a millionaire 22 year old athlete, you gotta feel a little bad for Lance. Had he stayed in college one more year he would have been the #1 pick and would be much more ready for the NFL. But he's barely played since 2019 and has lot an entire season of development to a stupid injury.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

a neat cape posted:

From memory, the only teams to start the same QB every week:

Chiefs
Chargers
Jaguars (?)
Bengals
Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Giants (?)

Kind of amazing how well this correlates with making the playoffs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was cool for the 49ers to have the first pick in one of the worst drafts of all time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was this the thread that someone was saying JJ was MVP a few days ago? If so, that's some good comedy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s a really really good player who had a bad game OP

I agree. But it's funny that right after people were saying he's the MVP he had his worst game of the year and threw a fit that could potentially get him suspended for the final game of the year. That's comedy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cool stats. Kittle is still better.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Kelce is a great WR. He plays TE, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seriously, though. I think Kelce is a great tight end and I'd much rather have him as Kittles backup then nearly every other TE in the league.