Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I don't know if he did, but he did have a ridiculous bit in the middle of the game where he like tackled the RB for a loss on 2nd and 1, then did it again on 3rd and 2 then caused a bad pass on 4th and 2 I think.

They said during the pre game stuff that Watt has never sacked Brady, and he didn’t manage it this time either. Which is a little funny because Watt is still wrecking games, while the Buccs OL is total dust and Brady can’t move anymore. If ever there was a chance to tick that box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

JJ Watt should have a HGTV show where he goes around to hear people's sob stories about getting ripped off by shady contractors, then track them down and berate/beat the poo poo out of them like those old Terry Tate office linebacker commercials

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Then why does the Chargers doc who stabbed Tyrod's lung still have a job?

I posted this on NFL reddit earlier this year (I blame alcohol for this terrible lapse in judgement) and was surprised to get loving dogpiled. Chargers medical staff stan was not a genre of poster I expected to exist. "Bro it was just an accident, anyone could have done it, are you cool getting fired every time you make a mistake at work too bro?" Idk I feel like there is a wide gulf between bringing someone the wrong check at Chili's or making the button on their website blue instead of green and almost killing them :shrug:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

It would be the first time the Bears ever had the first overall pick in the draft post-merger

They last had a first overall pick in 1947. It was RB Bob Fenimore, who was drafted despite injury history and retired after that season (played 10 of the 12 games) after discovering he could make more money and be happier selling life insurance than being a Bear

I love old timey sports stories like that, it's like glimpsing an alternate dimension. My mother in law grew up poor in an unremarkable neighborhood in Boston. Her neighbor was Ted Williams, at a time when he was emerging as one of the most famous and successful baseball players in the world. He would say hi to her and her brothers when he got off public transportation after the game. All of this seems almost unimaginable in the modern world.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Harry Privates posted:

Hard to watch knowing this lady was mad at Kap for not standing for the flag.

Oof she has some Real Bad Takes I was not aware of out there. Although as always I am super glad twitter didn't exist when I was in high school because I 100% would have posted a bunch of regrettable cringe poo poo too that has no relation to my adult world view.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I mean a lot of people hated Kaep at first because it came off as pretty self-promoting but were won over by the cause

I wonder how old she was

Looks like about 20 at the time.

Honestly the Kaep tweets are the least cringe, she had one about how Felix Hernandez (baseball player) should straighten his hat cause this isn't the hood, and how every NFL player is either injured, suspended, in jail, or apologizing to try and avoid suspension and jail. Which were made when she was even younger, for what it's worth.

Anyway her comedy videos are incredible and hopefully she has grown past racist hot takes

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The funniest thing about the bad tweets is that irate Jags fans dug them up to get her cancelled after she made a pretty tame joke about the Jags being bad at football.

Imagine being so sensitive as a Jags fan that your first reaction when someone jokes that they are bad is to search their tweet history for ways to get them fired. That would turn into a full time job pretty quickly.

NFL fan twitter, and Jags twitter in particular for some reason, really does seem to be horrible. I feel like every podcast I listen to at least once a season opens an episode with "jesus CHRIST jags twitter came after my entire family and even our pets after I sad something slightly negative about them"

Oh, right, Florida panhandle

Pain of Mind posted:

If she has apologized I don't think there is any need to hold it over her head, if people are not given a path toward forgiveness then there is really no incentive for people to become better, vs just doubling down.

yeah

I am not trying to bury this lady it's just legit the first I had heard any of this and am working through it

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 28, 2022

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I can’t believe the refs would do this to Derek Carr and the Raiders. The conspiracy is bottomless

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s thrown 21 TDs to 14 ints. Dak is 20-12. Rodgers is 24-11. Neither of those guys is having an amazing season but by current league standards they’re at least mediocre.

Flacco was never that good and Ryan really didn’t get bad bad until this year when his line couldn’t stand up to a three man rush.

Garappolo has struggled with injuries his entire career so I don’t think you can blame that on age. Stafford is beat up this year but just won a Super Bowl last year.

Carr at 32 seems like a good gamble for a whole lot of teams to take if the price isn’t too high. He’s been pretty healthy most of his career and he’s taken like half the sacks Wilson and Stafford did.

If you go by percentage of attempts that resulting in picks he's pretty bad though. Slumming it in the Zach Wilson / Matt Ryan / Kenny Pickett tier. Also almost last in completion percentage, the only 2 worse being both Wilsons (lol).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

What’s Hoyer doing these days?

He’s on IR but was actually the Pats backup QB this year. He just instantly got injured when he came in for Mac, opening the door for Zappe Time.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Oh poo poo. The Raiders are going to offer Geno $50m/season aren't they.

I hope Geno gets paid but I can't imagine the new Raiders HC/GM duo would pass on the chance to draft Their Guy and compete with him on a rookie contract. Going to Stidham is a pretty blatant tank move.

"We need to see what we have in this player that I coached for multiple years and he sucked so bad he was never even in the conversation of starting for the post-Brady Pats"

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 29, 2022

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonz posted:

I’m fully expecting a mystery box to occur and the fuckin’….

*thinks of a truly absurd outcome*

….Lions end up with Lamar.

I wanted the Pats to draft Lamar instead of Sony so bad. Even though the timing with the end of Brady didn't quite line up. If they somehow end up with Lamar and an OC that could use him I would be over the loving moon. I mean Jesus Christ they are paying Agholor, Jonnu, and Hunter Henry roughly what Mahomes makes for absolutely zero production. You can fit in a top end FA QB, figure it out. Although somehow Jonnu's dead cap next year is $19 mil :shepicide:

Instead it's going to be running it back Mac and Patricia or BOB or some poo poo

I ask for and will receive no sympathy as a Pats fan, but this is what I put in my letter to Satan for Christmas

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Am I correct in assuming that this week doesn't matter at all for Titans/Jags and its next week that matters?

Yeah that’s why the Titans are benching like their entire starting lineup tonight.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

Just gonna quote this post by Gramps from before season start in the AFC West thread, because it seems relevant.

Let's see who he picks to replace Carr or Adams, see if the prediction hits fully true.

I mean they got Stidham from the Pats for a 6th rounder shortly after McDaniels was hired, so he’s pretty spot on so far lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's a Saturday my dude.

I don't fuckin care, it don't matter to football jesus