Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

JJ at his peak was the best defensive player I've ever seen

It's a shame about the injuries, otherwise he could've made a real run at the career sack record.

JJ’s best seasons included a 2-14 year and a pair of 9-7 seasons under Bill O’Brien. Dude was unfucking real for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Anytime a player hits the back of their head on the ground like that, especially when that player has been concussed already just a few weeks ago in that very same way, should be pulled and evaluated.

The NFL doesn't give a fuuuuuuck about turning people's brains to pudding.

The NFL cares, but only when it has the potential to impact their money. Otherwise, they’re totally fine with the puddingfication.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Bellmaker posted:

Why would you want a belichick disciple as HC :laffo:

Your an owner who hates yourself, your fan base, and also hate money and success and just want to see it all come crashing down in a pile of poo poo?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Today is a rough day for Mark Davis:

https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1608159685227732993

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

surf rock posted:

I feel like this season has been goddamn brutal for quarterbacks. Here's my tally of what happened with each team's starting quarterback through 16 weeks:

Nine starting quarterbacks who have been largely or entirely healthy and performing well enough to remain the starter over the course of the season. Nine. What the gently caress?

Don’t forget Dak missed 5 games earlier this year, so it’s really only 8.

Also Cleveland Browns should mention it was Benched for a Rapist.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Lifespan posted:

Oh poo poo. The Raiders are going to offer Geno $50m/season aren't they.

That or Danny Dimes

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

pmchem posted:

PFR's career comps for Carr include...

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Stan Humphries, Chad Pennington, Colin Kaepernick, Blake Bortles, Carson Wentz, David Carr, David Garrard, Jake Delhomme

crowning him might be a bit premature

Chad Pennington owned when he was broken or his arm dangling by a thread.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

sharknado slashfic posted:

49 year old TO is the platonic ideal of a Ravens wide reciever

Pair him with a 60-year old Jerry Rice and throw in a 54-year old Shannon Sharpe and you’ve got stew going.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

What even is this game tonight.....

You mean you’re not eagerly anticipating the game between (gently caress the) Cowboys and the Titans C-squad, led by quarterback Ryan Tannehill Malik Willis Vince Young Billy Volek Josh Dobbs?!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Alaois posted:

Someone in Denver is going to kill Russ before his contract is up i can guarantee you that

Somewhere in the backwoods of Fort Collins is the Broncos equivalent of Kawalimus, slowly losing their grip on reality until they day comes when they make a manic grin and say “Broncos County, Let’s ride” and walk out the basement door for the final, fateful time…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

How will they get into his private office

Nanobubble delivery man costume.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Tuck Rule broke a lot of people's brains, huh.

There are Raiders fans who have been broken since the Immaculate Reception in ‘72 and some of the games against Pittsburgh in the mid-70s, or were indoctrinated with that stuff.

Tuck Rule was bullshit, gently caress the Patriots

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Oh hey, it’s the 2010 Chargers again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Im sure stidham 2 agholor will be better than carr 2 Adams

Agholor is in New England, so it’d be Stidham to …Keelan Cole and Jesper Horsted

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

adaz posted:

Hands of stone was his problem wasn't it?

He had one great year in Cleveland with Derek Anderson and could make some crazy acrobatic catches now and then, but was never consistent.

Troy Williamson was the one with the infamously bad hands and the highlight reel of passes hitting literally as perfectly as they possibly could and him flat dropping them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alex Smith rules so hard

:hmmyes:

Also, Rodgers spent a lot of his time on the bench in Green Bay learning, particularly once McCarthy was hired in 2006 and they basically undid his Jeff Tedford throwing mechanics over the next year or two. The Rodgers that people first noticed in the NFL when he came in to replace an injured Favre in a game at Dallas during the 2007 season and then really saw in 2008 when he became the starter wasn’t the same QB as he was drafted in 2005.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Barkley I can understand, kind of a risk between his injury history and being a RB in the modern NFL, but he does have much higher upside than most other RBs that he's worth the risk.

Daniel Jones though, lol lmao

Barkley's injury history I think isn't as bad as it's sometimes made out to be. He had an ankle injury early in 2019 that could have happened to anyone (He got rolled up on during a tackle in the game against Tampa Bay that was coincidentally Jones' first start) that caused him to miss 3 games and limited him in a few others when he came back, but otherwise still was effective, particularly later in the season. He blew out his knee two games into 2020. That may have limited him when he came back in 2021, but 2021 also had everything related to Joe Judge and Jason Garrett running the offense and for that alone I'm willing to give a pass to basically everything that happened that year. He's looked back to form this year, even without the team having much of a threat in the passing game, so I'm fine with the team bringing him back.

For Jones... as others have said, I'm not sure they can get a better option. They likely won't be in a spot to draft a high prospect, the list of potential free agents isn't inspiring (Baker Mayfield? Sam Darnold? Jimmy G?), and the guys potentially available in the trade market isn't much better (Carr?) and may not be worth the capital it would require. Jones feels like he can be a perfectly cromulent QB option, particularly if they can get some more weapons and the offensive line improves, and I would like to see what he could do in year 2 under Daboll. It's worth noting that so far in his career, the only OC Jones had for longer than 1 season was... Jason Garrett :barfs:

Obviously, all of this depends on contracts that are offered, but the Giants are projected to have ~$56 million in cap space available, so I think that gives them some options.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Wasn't this the bad guy in Diddy Kong Racing?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

xbilkis posted:

Why do they have him in what looks like a bootleg jersey

Dan Snyder didn’t pay for a proper jersey for the Sean Taylor mannequin, he sure as poo poo wasn’t gonna pay for one for Pigma there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Jesus Christ...