Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Tua :(

This is so sad. He was apparently talking with his family about his future playing football and concussions were one of the concerns.

Clearly it should be. He has gotten scrambled this year and he should play out his post rookie payout then retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Even though he got a big rookie contract, I just can't see Tua retiring before he's played at least one truly big QB contract.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"Why aren't the Rams or Chargers on that list?" -LA sports fans

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh poo poo. The Raiders are going to offer Geno $50m/season aren't they.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seems like every team knows his deal and know that he will just be cut. Why trade anything?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Docjowles posted:

I hope Geno gets paid but I can't imagine the new Raiders HC/GM duo would pass on the chance to draft Their Guy and compete with him on a rookie contract.

It would be idiotic, but this is the Raiders.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Those are some hilariously huge cap hits but it’s still not impossible to cut them.

Cut the bad qbs, trade enough other players to get below the cap, and then suck for a season or two while amassing cheap talent.

It’s sucks to be a team that sucks for two seasons but if a team has qb that lovely then that team is not winning anything for two seasons anyway.

I'm sure someone has done plenty of studies to show ownership that an average at best team still makes money, but as a fan I totally agree with this. Pull the cord, let your team suck while you build up picks, cap space, and get the fans/players hungry, then make big investments and try to be something. Try to massage a bit and once things get bad again, pull the cord again

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

As a health care worker I do not loving understand what the gently caress cleaning up your core could possibly mean. Like this sounds like some alternative medicine qaaron poo poo.

Maybe a hernia repair or something?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BlindSite posted:

gently caress reasonable. Jefferson is the sole reason they have as many wins as they do.

To be fair, you can say the same about most of those 9 QBs.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is there any good RB that isn't injured regularly? At this point it seems like you can only expect 50 games out of a good RB in their career.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The NFL is going to fine the poo poo out of him, but probably worth it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

I actually completely missed this in the game but I saw a few posts referencing it in the GDT. Jefferson is very lucky that he caught himself and pulled up, and that the referee seemingly thought it was incidental contact of some type (a player bumping into him).

https://twitter.com/TheCousinSal/status/1609714198732496896

Holy poo poo. He might have been banned from the league and there would be rule changes if the helmet hit that ref's head. It still seems like the league might go after him for being so close anyway.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It's hosed up they aren't having the Packers/Lions game at the same time as the Seahawks/Rams game. If Seattle loses that game is a win and in, but if Seattle wins they eliminate the Lions from the playoffs so they don't have anything to play for (and if the Packers win they eliminate Seattle).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Lions aren't going to roll over if they are eliminated, but who knows what that does to a player's determination. That's the reason why traditionally they schedule these sorts of games to be played at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Well, that was not the fun game I was looking forward. Pull through this Hamlin :(