Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1607816218840375296

one of the more obvious tank jobs i can remember. and i can't blame them, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

have to wonder how many concussions the average football player suffers during their career, from youth to whenever their end.

obviously most of them go undiagnosed, but i feel like, on average, each and every player suffers at least one or two. tua seems to suffer a far more severe case of them when he gets them. completely debilitating for him, and yea, i hope he retires soon.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the following qb will likely be starting this week:

colt mccoy
desmond ridder
sam darnold
baker mayfield
andy dalton
brock purdy
davis mills
nick foles
jarrett stidham
malik willis
teddy bridgewater

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, there are definitely more gradations than elite and terrible. like, you have two primary groups: above average and below average. in the above average group, i'd say you have two subgroups: very good and serviceable. very good consists of the obvious ones: allen, mahomes, burrow, hurts, et al. these guys can singlehandedly win you games. then, serviceable: rodgers, garoppolo, jones, cousins, et al. they don't win you games ouright, but they don't lose you games.

then in the below average group, you have an upper group that isn't outright killing you, but not helping and usually get picked up by the supporting cast: carr, goff, tannehill, brady, et al. then there's just a massive bottom tier that prevents you from winning: foles, darnold, wilson, et al.

at least that's how i see it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Are we trying to sneak Daniel Jones or Mac Jones in with the Rodgers tier? I’m not sure which one would be worse.

i was speaking of daniel. yes, rodgers can air it out at times and jones can't. but rodgers has been flakier this season than any other, and daniel jones has been making passes when he needs to and, more importantly, not turning the ball over. they each take a different path to being serviceably above average at this point imo.

mac is just flat terrible.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

didn't dak miss quite a few games?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

carr seems like a cool dude. i have no reason to dislike him or anything. here's hoping he heads to a better situation.

i think he'd be pretty awesome in detroit or tennessee, personally.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1609663578197344258

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

where the hell does the name tuddy even come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

who are the vikings likely playing in the playoffs?