Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

DDT's big blow out year end show is here with a packed card. Match information from Dramatic DDT.

Full Card

Individual Matches

0. Dark Match: Hideki Okatani & Toi Kojima Vs Yuya Koroku & Kazuma Sumi

0. Dark Match: Minoru Fujita, MJ Paul & KANON Vs Masahiro Takanashi, Soma Takao & Antonio Honda

ANAL EXPLOSION CEREMONY

quote:

LiLiCo is excited to be taking part in the Anal Explosion ceremony. She has been training that body part in preparation and promises not to sue DDT if she suffers permanent damage to it. She wanted The Rock to be the person to light the fuse but he does not have time in his schedule to do it. LiLiCo also talked about potentially returning to the ring and wrestling again. Her knee injury is recovering well but she isn’t ready yet. She said her left kneecap has fully recovered and now she has to focus on developing her knee muscles again.

1. Sanshiro Takagi Vs Takeshi Masada

quote:

Takeshi Masada is hoping to be part of DDT’s trip to Los Angeles next year so he can get to wrestle in Hollywood. Sanshiro Takagi is fired up over the show too but isn’t convinced Masada is ready to be part of the big shows. If Masada can beat Takagi in a singles match, he can then be allowed to convince Takagi he deserves to go.

quote:

It’s been four months since Takeshi Masada had his debut match. He’s been wrestling matches on a weekly basis since then so he hasn’t had the time to soak in any of them. He also doesn’t understand why DDT has labelled him a super rookie when he hasn’t won any matches yet. He’s also aware that Kazuma Sumi can quickly catch up with him which is another reason why he isn’t comfortable with the super rookie label. As for his match against Sanshiro Takagi, Masada is determined to win so he can be on DDT’s American shows next year. He wants to spread DDT across the world like Konosuke Takeshita is doing while also showing that DDT is more than just Takeshita. He wonders if Takagi really is the company president or only pretends to be one. He’ll find out tomorrow.

2. HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Yuji Hino & Yuki Ishida

I guess this is the random tag for the people too good to be in a dark match. Sad to see Sumo Boy get pinned. Might be a bad show for Harimao

3. Pheromones Vs “Miyako & Ward” Pheromones Subjugation Allied Forces ~ Dissolution & Pet Dogs Contra One Day Experience: Yuki “Sexy” Iino, Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno, Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari & Koju “Shining Ball” Takeda Vs Akito, Osamu Nishimura, Shinichiro Kawamatsu & Shunma Katsumata

quote:

The big blowoff match between Pheromones and the Pheromones Subjugation Allied Forces now has several stipulations attached to it. Pheromones and Akito had three prelim matches earlier this month and the winner of each match got to add a stipulation. Pheromones won the first match and decided if they win the blowoff bout then whoever they pin must join their unit for one day. Akito’s team won the other two prelim matches and he got to come up with two conditions if Pheromones lose on the 29th. The first is Pheromones must disband. The second is Dieno & Yuki Iino must give away their pet dogs to Shunma Katsumata for a month! Will Haku & Lily end up under Katsumata’s care?

4. Special Single Match: Shinya Aoki Vs Chihiro Hashimoto

quote:

From out of left field we are getting Shinya Aoki versus Chihiro Hashimoto at the end of the year. In other words this is Shinya/Hashimoto. This is a match Aoki has been wanting to do after seeing Hashimoto wrestle in GLEAT earlier this year.

quote:

Shinya Aoki wants his match against Chihiro Hashimoto to be held under Ganryujima Rules, which means the ropes will be removed from the ring. Hashimoto is unsure to accept the condition because she has never wrestled in that kind of environment before. What she is sure about is to beat Aoki by using her German Suplex finisher, the Albright.

5. Special Tag Match: Saki Akai & Yuki Arai Vs Saori Anou & Riko Kawahata

quote:

Two outsiders have come to challenge Reiwa AA Cannon. The duo of Saori Anou & Riko Kawahata both have histories with Saki Akai but they are completely brand new opponents for Yuki Arai.

6. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Naruki Doi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata (c) Vs Tetsuya Endo, Kotaro Suzuki & Yusuke Okada

quote:

Well, Naruki Doi said he wanted a match with Tetsuya Endo so he’s getting one. Endo made it known during the Grand Prix his goal in DDT is to win all of the championships and right now his target is the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles. The match gives Yusuke Okada some sorely needed spotlight after spending the last few months on the undercard. Kotaro Suzuki adds a lot of firepower to the team as well. Can Doi rely on DISASTER BOX to carry their share of the work? Toru Owashi won’t let him down but Kazuki Hirata can go from completely useless to the luckiest man in the ring on a coin flip.

7. DDT Extreme Title – If 45-Year-Old Sasadango Machine’s Weight Loss Fails We Will Have A Standard Rules Match or Sasadango Extreme Rules: Jun Akiyama (c) Vs Super Sasadango Machine

quote:

Jun Akiyama is keeping himself busy going into the new year by coming up with a bunch of suggestions for DDT to work on. He is the new DDT Extreme Champion and already has a challenger lined up for him. Super Sasadango Machine asked for a title shot to make up for how little he wrestled this year. Akiyama agreed to it but thinks Sasadango has become overweight. He strongly advised Sasadango to lose 20kg in time for the match. In order to do this Akiyama suggested DDT should create the DDT Health Club which he can be president of. There used to be a NOAH Health Club so he got his idea from there. As champion Akiyama can also choose the match stipulation but he will consult with Kenta Kobashi before making that decision. He would rather Sasadango come up with the rules if it is allowed because the champion having that power gives him too much of an unfair advantage. In fact, Akiyama wants to form a committee for the Extreme Title and Kobashi to be the chairman. Akiyama also isn’t comfortable with holding a purple championship because he has a bad history with that colour. He asked DDT if they can change the Extreme Title to a white belt in tribute to the retired GHC Hardcore Openweight Title he was originally responsible for creating.

quote:

Jun Akiyama is still set on changing the DDT Extreme Title belt from purple straps to white straps. The purple colour reminds him of bitter memories. Changing it to white will remind people of the GHC Hardcore Title. He originally created that belt in 2004 to provoke Kenta Kobashi, who held the GHC Heavyweight Title at the time. It was made white to represent the idea that the title would be dyed in the champion’s colours and white is Akiyama’s colour.

quote:

The DDT Extreme Title belt has been changed from purple to white as per the request of Jun Akiyama. He showed off the refurbished belt while wearing a Super Sasadango Mask. He also decided the stipulation for the match will depend on if Sasadango can lose enough weight before it takes place. Sasadango has been tasked to get under 105kg. He was originally at 127kg and currently weighs 117kg. If Sasadango reaches the target then he will get to choose the stipulation on the day of the show. If not then the match will be a traditional PWF rules pro wrestling bout. Akiyama said if that is the case then DDT will have to bring in Kyohei Wada to be the referee because nobody knows the PWF ruleset better than him.

8. Special Tag Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Yukio Naya Vs Daisuke Sekimoto & RSP

quote:

Time for Yukio Naya to dust himself off and move on to the next challenge. The D-Ou finalist gets to team with Konosuke Takeshita against the unusual pairing of Daisuke Sekimoto & RSP in an all heavyweight tag battle.

9. International 4 Way Match: Daisuke Sasaki Vs Chris Brookes Vs MAO Vs Cara Noir

A showcase match with three great wrestlers and Sasaki. Cara fit like a glove last time he appeared so this should be a stand out match if Daisuke (or should I say Ganpro's HARASHIMA) brings his A-game or disappears.

10. KO-D Openweight Title: Kazusada Higuchi (c) Vs Yuki Ueno

quote:

DDT’s 25th year comes to a close at Tokyo Dome City Hall. The main event is Kazusada Higuchi putting the KO-D Openweight Title on the line against Yuki Ueno, the winner of this year’s D-Ou Grand Prix. Going back to the summer the main event scene in DDT has been built around who is the most capable to carry the company on their back. Higuchi ended up standing head and shoulders above everyone else and getting to fly the flag (in some cases literally) was his reward. Ueno has one of the loudest claims to being the rightful leader of DDT, purposely adding more pressure to himself in order to reach his goal. He just won the Grand Prix and is still the reigning DDT Universal Champion. He is going to get what he wants and stand toe to toe against DDT’s current symbol of strength Higuchi. Ueno’s plan if he becomes the double crown champion is to defend the Universal Title overseas. He also wants to defend both championships on a monthly basis as long as his body can take it.

quote:

The KO-D Openweight Champion is taking things one match at a time going into the new year. Kazusada Higuchi is not thinking too far into the future until he beats Yuki Ueno next week. This will be the first time the KO-D Title will be defended in a match between former DNA wrestlers. Higuchi is deeply moved by how far he and Ueno have come from that sub-brand.

Live on Wrestle Universe with English Commentary: https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/vpTrjLgpzYsPkQ4pWYBN4b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good thing I saw thing before I got too far into doing a GDT of my own. Assuming the preshow is starting half an hour before the main card but ether way it'll be a long one with 12 matches booked

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Reiwa AA Cannon vs Anou & Kawahata could be pretty good, looking forward to it.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Good thing I saw thing before I got too far into doing a GDT of my own. Assuming the preshow is starting half an hour before the main card but ether way it'll be a long one with 12 matches booked

Anything you think I should include?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

Anything you think I should include?

Only other things I was definitely going to mention is that Anou and Kawabata won their preview match against Akai and Yoppy on the 14th, and that Higuchi is able to fully focus on this challenge for the first time in his reign (due to he and Yoshimura vacating the tag belts), but otherwise nope

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's a hell of a card, loving hell.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stream is live, right now splashscreen is saying the preshow starts at 10 past

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Vision is live no audio on the english stream

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Christelle, Mr Arai and Bryan Burton-Lewis on comms if I heard that right

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Christelle, Mr Arai and Bryan Burton-Lewis on comms if I heard that right

Looks like you're right

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Let's go young boys!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ooh a Fire Pro angle

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Love the rookies, want only the best for them

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sumi's so little, Kojima just towering over him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is all pre-show stuff, yeah?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

This is all pre-show stuff, yeah?

Yeah, main show at the top of the hour

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Honda doesn't get hurt and have to tell a story before being forced to step out of the match! :ohdear:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm still confused about what title Soma had during his entrance, must be a micro-indie because cagematch has nothing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh no, how could this happen!?!?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

They might change it up for the main show but it's a real weird lighting setup for a venue as big as TDC Hall. Unless the show sold disastrously and are trying to hide it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm still confused about what title Soma had during his entrance, must be a micro-indie because cagematch has nothing

World Omori Title?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_%C5%8Cmori_Championship

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

When Antonio Honda starts telling a story, go right ahead and kick him in the balls.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"What a stupid story!" :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yeah, that picture looks like it thanks. It's not listed as one of DDT's titles or on Soma's cagematch page

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
some surprisingly agile stuff from Honda

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah, that picture looks like it thanks. It's not listed as one of DDT's titles or on Soma's cagematch page

Looks like it was dormant until they brought it back for Soma to win.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like KANON, just a shame who his buds are

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

They might change it up for the main show but it's a real weird lighting setup for a venue as big as TDC Hall. Unless the show sold disastrously and are trying to hide it

lol as soon as the match ends they bring up the house lights

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
doesn't look like a huge crowd but not embarrassing either, I think they're mainly trying to hide the size of the stage. It's hard having a massive void behind the ring

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

doesn't look like a huge crowd but not embarrassing either, I think they're mainly trying to hide the size of the stage. It's hard having a massive void behind the ring

Escpecially with no Hyper Misao on the card to have shanigans set up over there

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
No cheering show :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

No cheers is a bummer

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
still raising money for otani :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

No cheering show :(

gently caress.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This show is giving us the first one on one match between Soup and Soup 2.0.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KEIGO NAKAMURA SIGHTING!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
good to see the weird bald dude back

edit: he's put on muscle which is good still really thin though

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HE'S BACK AFTER 14 MONTHS OFF INJURED