Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Straw Hat?
Luffy
Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Vivi
Chopper
Robin
Franky
Brook
Jinbei
Carrot
Yamato
View Results

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
i want to play this game a lot. big mom deck is great and i added more Charlottes and a couple sanjis.

i also want to make a nami deck but after opening an entire booster box i don't even have enough cards for the deck. they should really have some low power genetic all color cards or do more cross flavor dual color cards.

it's nice that each color seems synergistic and has their own goals. i need to look at other sets and spend ten bucks on a hundred dirt cheap singles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
The only roadblock is finding out how trigger cards go "on the stack" if there even is one. this mostly is puzzling for yellow cards that do the fun life stack shenanigans.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
so, something confusing came up when playing with upsidads, there's cards that say in bold "you may trash X cards in your hand" or something. do you need to trash the card in order to get the effect after the colon?

it doesn't say i need to trash a card to get an effect. it makes sense for black because it has trash pile recursion, but for yellow cards that have that it makes a little less sense.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Level Seven posted:

You aren't paying two don from the cost area, his effect activates if he has two don attached when he attacks.

does this effect happen for every two don attached or just once? this would massively change how we interpret drake x from the worst generation deck. he's either solid or amazing.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
the game feels a bit stalematey when at ten don, is it correct that only the defender can play counter effects?

and yeah, thanks for all the help clarifying the rules that aren't quite obvious

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I'm just happy that the only errata that effects the cards i have don't matter because i put them in a blue nami deck where i want to trash everything in my deck anyway.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
new meta is going to be blue nami self deck. thassus oracle from mtg all over again.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
wrong wrong wrong. me, a guy that was asking for rules clarifications all over the last page, knows more about the game than you.

the joke was supposed to be that nami seems kind of weak with not enough ways to self mill easily. i still have a nami deck though, lots of neat stuff from the pillars of strength box i cracked.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
yellow, green, purple, black seems to be the tricky or deep colors, with complexity i interpret in descending order. I'm only familiar with some precons and the pillars of strength set, and even then it's limited.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
which blockers should i add to my nami deck to make it survive and are they all donflamingo and crocodile? it's not a good deck but i like the idea of an alternate win condition, even if it's easier to just play the normal way.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I don't get the chance to play this much and now I realize how wrong I was about how equipping Don works... the app is a little confusing but it teaches you very important things about how long buffs last. whoops.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
when does stuff get reprinted to gently caress the scalpers?

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I've only gotten pillars of strength and kingdoms of intrigue because that's all I've found at non bullshit prices. it's really frustrating, but i do have some custom decks that can go hard. i even managed to make the blue nami deck not suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I'm going to just keep going to the same magical Walgreens where they consistently have two packs for five bucks each every time i go. maybe they'll have the deck (doubtful)