Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Straw Hat?
Luffy
Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Vivi
Chopper
Robin
Franky
Brook
Jinbei
Carrot
Yamato
View Results

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
What kinda deck are you running? I'm currently running a Green Eustass Kid deck, really interested in the new leaders showin up in OP2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Seems like there's going to be reprints of the series 1 stuff + starter decks in April.
We got real lucky and our shop in town only sells stuff at/around retail--but I've had pretty good luck at Target and Barnes & Noble.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
This got announced like the DAY I built my whitebeard stage deck lol
Got to participate in one of the online regional tournaments with it last weekend, went 5-4.

None of the top 8 whitebeards were using moby dick so I'm changing it up to run strawhats instead.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
That's about what I'm seeing. Seems like shops around me are starting to get more stuff a littttle more consistently, esp prizing for tournament participation and other events. I'm really pumped for Buddy Battles kicking off sometime mid-august.

There's allllso a simulator available that's been pretty cool for trying out new decks before committing to getting some physical cards.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Ha! I'm that Whitebeard scum, but.. nowhere near as dominating as the current Zoro/WB meta I've been seeing.
Also so, so many Katakuris. It's such a weird match-up for me bc I'll neverrr let Soul Pocus take away one of my life cards, but still end up in weirdly close games.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Oh, GOD that Fukuro is such a good blocker. He and Blueno are the reason I'm keeping the st01 rush Luffy around.

I had dreams of alternating between Nami and WB but I feel like I need a little more something-something to actually pull it off with her.
Kinda wish they limited that Cabaji card instead of doing a full ban on it.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
It's me, I'm the guy that's really down about the WB restrictions. I loved the setup bc of the do-or-die position I'd be put in and felt like I had a pretty good sense of the endgame. Gonna try to make it work but I feel like I might mostly keep it around for the memories and have to put something else together to stay competitive.

:smith:

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Gotta look into the strawbeard resurrection, still wanna try running this old man for Buddy Battles.
I did an online regional event on Sunday with a slightly off-meta WB and started strong with 2W.. then lost the next 4 in a row and dropped lol

Stings but hey, at least the participation goods are excellentt
https://en.onepiece-cardgame.com/events/2023/championship/online_regional_wave2.php#prize-01

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Maybe look into the sim? You can play randos without having to invest in real-deal cards and get a taste of what kinds of tech is available

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Boodle and Carne? Carne becomes a 6K blocker once you drop down to <20 cards left

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
we're lucky enough to have a couple shops in town that have a product AND a conscience
I've been doing well with RP Luffy but I really wanna try out Gecko Moria in the next set

only problem is I didn't hang onto enough borsalinos or kuzans so I gotta figure out.. somethin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I got packs from a couple pre-release events in the area. I really wanna build Gecko Moria but less-than-excited to dig up some of the Navy cards from set 2 for the "proper" builds. (Borsalino, Kuzan, Brannew, etc)