Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I could use some friends. Only games I am playing are Elden Ring, Pump it Up, and some other random games on Steam. Always happy to meet new people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Vampire Panties posted:

Hello Friend thread I would like to say that the friend thread has been a rousing success and that I have done friendship activities with Drakenel, specifically we played a game of Conquest of Elysium 5 and got hosed up by the computer. It was very enjoyable and I'm excited to play again!

2nding the Conquest of Elysium 5 experience as an icebreaker - just complicated enough of a game to benefit from having a buddy to ease you into things/serve as a reliable defender on your flank, but not Dominions-level complicated so that you're entirely lost. Also helps that Drakenel was very patient with me and we got to have a cool final encounter for the night of sending a combination Knightly/Necromantic crusade sweeping across the west, through deserts and mountains, to attack a concentrated pair of citadels held by monkey demons and other knightly forces.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'm glad you guys are having fun and making connections. Reason I've been doing that game with folks though, for anyone unfamiliar with Conquest of Elysium, is because it works with steam's Remote Play. Basically just do a hotseat co-op game and only the host needs to have a copy of the game. And a turn based game is laid back enough to hang.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Drakenel posted:

I'm glad you guys are having fun and making connections. Reason I've been doing that game with folks though, for anyone unfamiliar with Conquest of Elysium, is because it works with steam's Remote Play. Basically just do a hotseat co-op game and only the host needs to have a copy of the game. And a turn based game is laid back enough to hang.

Oh thats very cool. I was looking at the game but dont have 30 to drop atm so thats nice to know

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

ZeusCannon posted:

Oh thats very cool. I was looking at the game but dont have 30 to drop atm so thats nice to know

Join us then! My friend code is posted, so feel free to send me the invite if you don't want to share yours on the internet just yet.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I mostly play single player games, but please friend me on Discord (iolite#0824) or Steam (MadamKim). I can laugh at pictures of skulls and tell you about deep Assassin's Creed lore.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Great to see engagement with this thread and thanks for the friend adds. Especially glad to see some PSN users. Send me a message some time. "EffEmmEll" on PSN, I can't find you. Also I didn't know you can just send screenshots to friends on steam, I'll have to give that a try. Everyone here is great.

Strange, p sure I'm not on private. Sent you a friend request!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I feel like I'm kind of entering a bit of a failure state where the first couple of days I was pretty outgoing with 1-2 people, but I sort of just retreated in on myself. I know it's all about the long term, but still... need to remind myself to put more active effort into reaching out first. How's it going for everybody else?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jossar posted:

I feel like I'm kind of entering a bit of a failure state where the first couple of days I was pretty outgoing with 1-2 people, but I sort of just retreated in on myself. I know it's all about the long term, but still... need to remind myself to put more active effort into reaching out first. How's it going for everybody else?

heh I was just thinking the same thing.. played one great game, life and my own stuff came up, now I want to get back into it.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
I want more internet buddies, holla at me on HarmoniousSleeves on Steam!

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Jossar posted:

I don't really do steam so I haven't talked to anyone there really. But I have made a buddy on the PSN, which is good. Thank u all for participating .thumbsup

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
I'm always looking to play with more Goons. I'm mostly into strategy/crafting games and horror/survival games.
Steam friend code: 64730936

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Vampire Panties posted:

Hello Friend thread I would like to say that the friend thread has been a rousing success and that I have done friendship activities with Drakenel, specifically we played a game of Conquest of Elysium 5 and got hosed up by the computer. It was very enjoyable and I'm excited to play again!
I never would have guessed that would be the game talked about in this thread.

I have it too, been playing since COE3

My steam: 11320241

I've got like 300 other games and maybe 200 on epic as well

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/bostonzombie/

Switch:
2542-1076-8330

PSN:BostonZombie

Mochabeard
Nov 9, 2020

Posture Check! :cool:

Always looking for more goons that game.

Steam is

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mochabeard/

Been playing a lot of HOI4 and baldurs gate

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Oh, this thread still exists, cool!
I was just asking about whether goons have tried to make communitites like that outside of MMOs and whatnot

I'm Vookatos on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Vookatos/.
I don't actually have many multiplayer games, but I've been meaning to play Jackbox with someone for years, and if you're looking for someone to game with, I'm always up to trying something new (unless it's one of those titles that companies decided to block in Russia for whatever reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Vookatos posted:

Oh, this thread still exists, cool!
I was just asking about whether goons have tried to make communitites like that outside of MMOs and whatnot

I'm Vookatos on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Vookatos/.
I don't actually have many multiplayer games, but I've been meaning to play Jackbox with someone for years, and if you're looking for someone to game with, I'm always up to trying something new (unless it's one of those titles that companies decided to block in Russia for whatever reason)

Hi goon, I am surprised as well. I sent you a a friend invite. Pls msg me to chat or whatever, whenever. Peace.