Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Megazver posted:

The SD D&D model's creator released a new version and also said he had to pull the kobolds out of it, because they broke it, and I made this for him:

Hahaha I love this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've been working on this on/off for most of the holidays and now Wizards of the Coast is apparently pulling the D&D license from 3rd party creators. So gently caress it, I'm just gonna release it for free creative commons. Now if WotC ever publishes any spells like mine they are violating creative commons. Its still a little rough, but I'm tired of working on it and its usable enough for a free book :v: Enjoy Malidrex Grand Grimoire!

-246 New Spells!
-256 New Feats!
-133 New Magic Items!
-67 New Prestige Classes!
-Zero Balance!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a53zyshe614atrf/Malidrex+Grand+Grimoire+v1.0.pdf/file

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Rutibex posted:

I've been working on this on/off for most of the holidays and now Wizards of the Coast is apparently pulling the D&D license from 3rd party creators. So gently caress it, I'm just gonna release it for free creative commons. Now if WotC ever publishes any spells like mine they are violating creative commons. Its still a little rough, but I'm tired of working on it and its usable enough for a free book :v: Enjoy Malidrex Grand Grimoire!

-246 New Spells!
-256 New Feats!
-133 New Magic Items!
-Zero Balance!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a53zyshe614atrf/Malidrex+Grand+Grimoire+v1.0.pdf/file

Lack of balance means that you are definitely in the WotC design space.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Rutibex posted:

-246 New Spells!
-256 New Feats!
-133 New Magic Items!
-Zero Balance!

Put this on DriveThruRPG before the new D&D OGL is released.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Zero posted:

Put this on DriveThruRPG before the new D&D OGL is released.

It's not OGL, its creative commons share alike. If wizards of the coast makes any spells similar to mine without opening up their content I'm gonna sue for licence violations :twisted:

I'm never touching wotc cursed systems ever again. Though watch this thread for my new game system, Hexmaster coming soon!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Rutibex posted:

It's not OGL, its creative commons share alike. If wizards of the coast makes any spells similar to mine without opening up their content I'm gonna sue for licence violations :twisted:

I'm never touching wotc cursed systems ever again. Though watch this thread for my new game system, Hexmaster coming soon!

Call it “Underground Lairs and Evil Wyrms”

… no actually don’t I like that. :haw:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Published by sorcerers of the shoreline

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So in addition to doing a Godbound one-shot, the main campaign I run these days is the campaign in the Mutant Year Zero rulebook.

The tl;dr of MYZ is that it's centuries after the apocalypse and you're all a bunch of twenty-something mutants with mutant powers who live a stronghold called The Ark in the Zone - the ruins of some big city the players would have some familiarity with (London, New York, Stockholm or, in our case, Los Angeles), guided by the one old person in the settlement, the Elder. It's a bit of a metaplot mystery why you're all the same age or where you came from or why you have these powers; the Elder refused to discuss it and the game starts with the Elder falling ill and the rest of your community deciding it was time to start exploring the Zone.

I've been running this campaign for a bit now - the oldest art I generated for it is, shudder, Midjourney v2. Now, I'm not sure anyone cares about my PCs and the many OC NPCs, but the main campaign also has a bunch of important NPCs most of whom don't really have portraits, so I was generating them with an eye on also sharing them with the MYZ community once I was done.

So here's the Nova Cult, one of the other communities you can encounter in the Zone.

STORY SPOILERS AFTER THIS POINT

Some years ago, in a distant Ark, Plutonia – a charismatic mutant with strong psionic mutations – preached that a holy, burning light will one day cleanse the world of all evil. She gained a following, and the group soon turned into a cult. They called themselves Nova. Most members had mental mutations only, just like their leader, and they all took great interest in the wonders of the ancient world.

The Nova cult eventually left their Ark and wandered the Zone. By chance, they came across an old and deserted defense facility. It contained an operational missile silo, including a huge missile with unknowable powers of mass destruction. Plutonia saw this as a sign of the impending Doomsday, the day when the world would finally be cleansed. Nova settled in the old bunker.

Inspired by ancient religious writings that she has misinterpreted, Plutonia has preached that the Doomsday will be heralded by the birth of a luminescent child – the Doomsday Child. Just like the People, the Nova Cult members cannot have children with each other, but they have discovered that they can conceive children with unmutated humans. To bring about Doomsday, Plutonia has therefore let Verter, a human donor they recently bought from slavers, impregnate the women of the cult. Several children have been born, but none of them have been luminescent so far. The fanatical Plutonia has forced the mothers to leave the infants to die in the Zone. Now, the young priestess Abbetina (below) is pregnant, and has decided that she will never let Plutonia take her child from her.

Plutonia believes that Abbetina bears the luminescent child and that the Doomsday will come soon. She has managed to start up the missile launch system, and is now considering an appropriate target for this weapon of mass destruction. In the meantime, several cult members are starting to question Pluto- nia’s leadership. She has responded by handing out “holy pills” (sedatives), to make the cult members more docile. But this state of affairs cannot last…

Plutonia.
"Cult Leader. Tall and anemic woman with a shaved head. Walks with regal strides and constantly watches everything and everyone with her piercing blue eyes. She loves to hold long, repetitive speeches, addressing her followers. Dreams of one day giving her life for the cult and becoming a martyr. Plutonia might have a clue to the location of Eden."

I really like this portrait! The woman herself is severe-looking, but charismatic; the light behind her looks both like a halo and a nuclear explosion and the smoke to her left and right looks like mushroom cloud stems or missile launch trails.

Abbetina
"Pregnant Priestess. A short young woman with dark eyes and large glasses. The fact that Plutonia believes that Abbetina carries the Doomsday Child has made her a revered person in the cult. She pretends to enjoy the attention, but the fact is that she doubts Plutonia’s leadership. She wants to topple Plutonia or escape before her child is born, but has not found the right time to act. Abbetina detests the father of her child, the donor human Verter."

I like the expression on her face, she's very "the gently caress is this poo poo". I gave a medallion with the radiation symbol on it, as a symbol of her being chosen as Important to the cult, and had to photoshop it in, because apparently Stable Diffusion does not know what that is.

Ohm
"Pig Farmer. A large, reptilian hunchbacked mutant with a cloven tongue. He moves jerkily, speaks with a lisp and is dressed in blue coveralls. He has followed Plutonia from the start, but he is not accepted as a full member of the cult as he does not have any psionic mutations. He is sick of being treated like a second-rate mutant, and might take the chance to get back at the cultists, given the chance. Deep inside, he still loves Plutonia however. And his hogs."

Turns out it's really hard to make an AI generate a hunchback. Reptilian mutant? A lot easier, actually.

Verter
Human Donor. A handsome young human in a tight-fitting silver jumpsuit. Has long, blond hair, which clearly sets him apart from the cultists. He was bought by Plutonia from slavers to impregnate the women of the cult, a job he has taken to with great joy. Verter suffers from total memory loss, and has no recollection of where he came from. He obeys Plutonia’s every command, and will fight anyone who threatens his privileged position. Verter is cheerful, vain and a coward.

This is an older portrait,(Midjourney v3 I think?), but I still really like it. I re-rendered it in Midjourney v4 and they're pretty good, but I don't know if I should adopt one of these (probably top right). What do you guys think?

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Published by sorcerers of the shoreline

Dowsers of the Damp

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Xir posted:

Dowsers of the Damp

Shamen of the sand

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Xir posted:

Dowsers of the Damp

Isn't that all of them?

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
You prefer Druids of the Damp?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Demigods and dankness

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Witches of the Watershed

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Enchanters of the Estuary

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Charlatans of the shoal

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Conjurers of the Clams
Occultists of the Ocean
Diviners of the Deep
Thalassic Thaumaturgists
Marine Mystics
Bokors of the Beach
Hierophants of the Horizion
Theurgists of the Tidepools
Wet Wizards

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone get Magicians of the Moist yet?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've use ChatGPT to make the first draft of my open rules for Hexmaster, licensed fully under creative commons. I used Microlite D20 as an inspirational starting point, but I had everything rewritten and I changed a bunch of the stuff in that system to be more suitable for my purposes. When you get down to it the rules for a D&D type game are not really that complex:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0ihkzq1kc3nxw1/Hexmaster+Basic+Rules.pdf/file

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I decided to add one additional statistic to my system, because now I can call it the B.L.I.M.P.S. System :haw:

quote:

Body represents a character's physical strength and stamina. It is used to determine a character's hit points and their ability to perform tasks that require physical strength or endurance.

Luck represents a character's luck and fate. It is used to determine a character's initiative in combat, as well as their ability to perform tasks that require a measure of luck or chance.

Intuition represents a character's awareness and quick thinking. It is used to determine a character's ability to notice things and react quickly, as well as their ability to perform tasks that require quick thinking or reflexes.

Mind represents a character's intelligence and problem-solving ability. It is used to determine a character's ability to understand complex information and solve problems, as well as their ability to perform tasks that require knowledge or understanding.

Perception represents a character's ability to see, hear, and sense their surroundings. It is used to determine a character's ability to notice things and react to them, as well as their ability to perform tasks that require good eyesight, hearing, or other senses.

Social represents a character's charisma and social skills. It is used to determine a character's ability to interact with others, as well as their ability to perform tasks that require persuasion, negotiation, or other social skills.

Body: A character must lift a heavy object to clear a path. The game master might call for a Body check, where the character rolls a d20 and adds their Body bonus (based on their Body score) to the roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the Difficulty Class (DC) set by the game master, the character successfully lifts the object.

Luck: A character is trying to avoid a trap. The game master might call for a Luck check, where the character rolls a d20 and adds their Luck bonus (based on their Luck score) to the roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the DC set by the game master, the character successfully avoids the trap.

Intuition: A character is trying to spot a hidden object. The game master might call for an Intuition check, where the character rolls a d20 and adds their Intuition bonus (based on their Intuition score) to the roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the DC set by the game master, the character successfully spots the hidden object.

Mind: A character is trying to solve a puzzle. The game master might call for a Mind check, where the character rolls a d20 and adds their Mind bonus (based on their Mind score) to the roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the DC set by the game master, the character successfully solves the puzzle.

Perception: A character is trying to hear a faint sound. The game master might call for a Perception check, where the character rolls a d20 and adds their Perception bonus (based on their Perception score) to the roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the DC set by the game master, the character successfully hears the faint sound.

Social: A character is trying to persuade a guard to let them pass. The game master might call for a Social check, where the character rolls a d20 and adds their Social bonus (based on their Social score) to the roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the DC set by the game master, the character successfully persuades the guard to let them pass.

ChatGPT doesn't just understand D&D, its seems to understand just roleplaying games in general quite well. I give it a few paragraphs "super compact" version of my Hexmaster rules and it seems to grasp what it is and can make new content for this system. I am having it make battle maneuvers for the Fighter equivalent class, the Meta-Knight

quote:

Fox Stance: The Metaknight enters a defensive stance, gaining a bonus to Armor Class, making a Mind check against a Difficulty Class set by the GM. On success, the Metaknight gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class for (1d4) rounds.

Genital Strike: The Metaknight makes a targeted strike to the enemy's groin, making a Body check against a Difficulty Class set by the GM. On success, the target takes (1d6) damage and has a chance to be incapacitated or suffer other effects determined by the GM.

Goad: The Metaknight taunts an enemy to provoke them into attacking, making a Social check against a Difficulty Class set by the GM. On success, the target is provoked and has disadvantage on their next attack roll against any target other than the Metaknight.

Grapple: The Metaknight grapples an enemy, making a Body check against a Difficulty Class set by the GM. On success, the target is grappled and unable to move from their current position.

Hammer Skull: The Metaknight makes a powerful skull crushing attack, making a Body check against a Difficulty Class set by the GM. On success, the target takes (2d6) bludgeoning damage and has a chance to be incapacitated or suffer other effects determined by the GM.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
rip rutibex and goonspeed

you lorded one edge too many

i will miss your pics

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Good night sweet prince

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Megazver posted:

rip rutibex and goonspeed

you lorded one edge too many

i will miss your pics

I spent 1.5 hours typing up the rules to that game I made after he said he wanted to see it, and he didn't even download it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
But does anyone click anyone's links? Last thing I posted here wasn't even a link, just an :effort: post with some pictures, and no one cared, haha.

I forced myself to click his pdf for politeness' sake, saw it's 200+ pages of raw ChatGPT and noped out.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I didn't click anyone's links but I have been using PlaygroundAI to generate portraits for a LANCER game based on prompts posted here, so thanks for that!

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Rutibex crying like Oscar Schindler while watching a bunch of tamagotchi getting put into a landfill.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Megazver posted:

I forced myself to click his pdf for politeness' sake, saw it's 200+ pages of raw ChatGPT and noped out.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying this - he literally posted in this thread stating that's exactly what his PDF was. :iiam:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Doctor Zero posted:

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying this - he literally posted in this thread stating that's exactly what his PDF was. :iiam:

thatsthejoke.jpg. Basically he poo poo out a million AI generated D&D spells and items and published them under OGL, so (in theory) he could sue Wizards if they ever published anything similar.

Anyway I'll repost my link one last time in case anyone cares.

https://gofile.io/d/BDq26M

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Gynovore posted:

thatsthejoke.jpg. Basically he poo poo out a million AI generated D&D spells and items and published them under OGL, so (in theory) he could sue Wizards if they ever published anything similar.

Anyway I'll repost my link one last time in case anyone cares.

https://gofile.io/d/BDq26M

I checked it out, I'm the guy that clicks on links cuz I am both a data hoarder who hasn't deleted anything since 1998 and a guy trying to see every single thing done with AI.

I liked the boob ladies eating watermelon.
I still gotta read through the rules but, you think this is actually playable?

Getting stuff printed on decent stock, like playing cards, is very cheap and easy in China I could probably make a deck if it's actually playable.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm using AI to make a TTRPG right now and it's incredible for the world building. Kinda dreading using it to make actual rules, though. Wondering if I should just wait for the Year Zero license to drop.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

BrainDance posted:

I checked it out, I'm the guy that clicks on links cuz I am both a data hoarder who hasn't deleted anything since 1998 and a guy trying to see every single thing done with AI.

I liked the boob ladies eating watermelon.
I still gotta read through the rules but, you think this is actually playable?

Getting stuff printed on decent stock, like playing cards, is very cheap and easy in China I could probably make a deck if it's actually playable.

I intended it as a Christmas present to be given out to my bajillion nieces and nephews who are in the 8-13 age range. In my opinion, it's playable, but if you're the sort of person who has boardgamegeek bookmarked you would probably become bored after fifteen minutes.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

feedmyleg posted:

I'm using AI to make a TTRPG right now and it's incredible for the world building. Kinda dreading using it to make actual rules, though. Wondering if I should just wait for the Year Zero license to drop.

What kind of world building are you having it do? Like assist with the broad strokes?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's a fan RPG based on an existing property. I'm using the AI to help me flesh out the world from the known facts in the movie/script, earlier drafts, canceled sequels, novelization, original short story, etc. There are tons of bits and pieces to put together and build upon, an intriguing puzzle that the AI is being super useful about. And since it's just a fan thing I'm not too worried about the prose or even some exact details. It's helping me define locations, factions, history, and more, all from a ton of disparate parts. Feels like a real collaboration up til now, where I feed it details and it fleshes things out to make it feel more alive and connected.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It can certainly produce a lot of prose, but how much of it is useful to the story or coherent without a lot of editing is debatable, and the RoI on editing out 90% of the unusable and rewriting the remaining 10% to be less purple and to vibe with the previous sections vs. just writing what's in my head...

I like it for brainstorming, and it's fun to play with, but for doing the actual work? Not so much...

As anyone who's published anything will tell you, there's a million people pounding out a million fanfics every day of the week. The difference between that and something publishable is being able to write something editable.

AI generated text has negative value as it takes more effort to edit it into something useful than to find someone with a functioning brain to write something better. Especially when it comes to continuity.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Liquid Communism posted:

As anyone who's published anything will tell you, there's a million people pounding out a million fanfics every day of the week. The difference between that and something publishable is being able to write something editable.

AI generated text has negative value as it takes more effort to edit it into something useful than to find someone with a functioning brain to write something better. Especially when it comes to continuity.

100% this.

I toyed with it to write a lore supplement book I'm working on, and it really does just end up taking more time to edit it down. That said, one could argue that the final product then does not need successive editing, but anyone that's ever actually edited a published work will tell you that there's always more you can change and tweak, and having a different set of (human) eyes on it in the first place is invaluable.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Memory, in both language models and image gen ai, is gonna happen eventually and is gonna be one the biggest deals in making it a useful tool.

Better understanding of grammar for image gen (which is happening) and then being able to remember what it just did so it can continue and stay consistent are the two big things that will feel like generational leaps, I think.

Until then this is gonna be too limited for making a full lore/mechanics for anything complicated, without it how would you use it to, like, create new lore that is related to all the rest of the lore it created? Or mechanics that work with other mechanics it's created? It's aware of other lore and other mechanics but not the lore and mechanics it previously created for you.

I'm kinda amazed I haven't heard about much development in giving an AI a memory of what it's done in the past yet though, since it seems so obvious. My only guess as to why is that, for a language model, it would involve training it on what it's generated and language models already have insane requirements to generate, let alone train? But that can't be the only way to do it.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 30, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Every time a chatbot gets memory it goes "Hitler was right" within hours.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

That's why it's gotta be open source and able to run on consumer gpus. So I can have my AI that I just teach about SNES rpgs and the Nazis can go have theirs and not bother me.

But everyone doesn't wanna make an AI that can even potentially be a Nazi anymore cuz "social harm" :(

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The problem is fitting all that memory into ram/vram along with the actual model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I tried using chatGTP a week or so ago to do some improvisational roleplaying and while it insisted on reminding me constantly that we were just doing a hypothetical, it definitely remembered what we were talking about throughout the conversation. And the conversation is still available to continue, if I want.

I think the algorithm probably goes back through the chatlog and references things already discussed, so it might just be a repetition thing, and it may or may not correctly interpret previous things both it and I said. So it probably gets facts backwards or mixes things up sometimes and that's not necessarily due to a lack of "memory" so much as the algorithm not being good enough at parsing its own output for key facts and how they change over the course of the conversation.

Here's what we said:
https://pastebin.com/pFAmn3zC

BrainDance posted:

That's why it's gotta be open source and able to run on consumer gpus. So I can have my AI that I just teach about SNES rpgs and the Nazis can go have theirs and not bother me.

But everyone doesn't wanna make an AI that can even potentially be a Nazi anymore cuz "social harm" :(

Those sure are some scarequotes :hmmno: