Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Megazver posted:

I am torn on this. On one hand, I definitely want the publishers who can actually afford to commission real human artists to continue to do so and welcome pledges in that regard. On the other hand, if you're just some dude who's publishing his homebrew adventure, it's the choice between AI art and "well, I guess it's just a Word document with some stock art, then". I find that disappointing.

Yeah as somebody who was finally getting back to their adventure (which I do as a total hobby) and is a perfectionist about that kind of thing, AI art was a godsend. Now it's shut off from me. Oh well, I'll just wait a year and find somebody who will agree to be credited for it, and then we're back on track. I honestly think Paizo's pretty smart to give themselves cover, but eventually there's going to be laws and this will all shake out just fine.

KakerMix, that is a very cool tutorial and process. You should absolutely make a youtube montage and post it with a "Shadowrun as a Dark 80s Movie", those are getting around 100k views and if you monetize it you'll get a little money in your pocket to buy yourself a tablet or some other gear to improve your workflow.

It's also kind of wild to me that ChatGPT "knows" about Dark Sun. It's doing a pretty good job of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Don't know if you're aware or interested but there's a guy who trains models on classic RPG art and you can get some pretty good effects going that evoke a certain era of gaming.

https://civitai.com/user/ClassicRPGArt

(the old Rifts, Battletech, and Shadowrun styles are in there!)

I'm really starting to get into this and I think where this is probably going is specific models trained on narrow concepts that are applied to broad based models for whatever image you're trying to create. I'm seeing some pretty good stuff on models that just get fed a bunch of stuff from certain concepts - you go from not being able to get anywhere near the output you're looking for in the base model to getting very good stuff from the trained model. There is a chance that those models get "overtrained" though - there's one floating around that produces nothing but Dishonored people (as in, people who look like they are from the video game Dishonored - gaunt, narrow faces and prominent cheekbones) no matter how hard you try to get it to produce something else.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I am not as impressed with most of that as you are but the nickname incorporated into the final sentence at the end was pretty darn impressive.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I've been training Stable Diffusion and the future is probably a personal AI assistant of some variety.

The absolute best thing for everyone would be that I could buy, say, all of Shadowrun 2e's sourcebooks in a digestable format and just add it to my local model, all of some (paid) artist's work, then ask it some questions about Shadowrun and have it generate more work in that artist's style. Then I could train it on the stuff that I wanted as well, and gradually get an "assistant GM" that could answer my (or any player's questions) with both the stuff it synthesized and the stuff that I fed it.

Imagine a world where i paid 2 bucks for "Wayne Reynold's idea of a werewolf" and 10 bucks for "Don Bluth's background aesthetic" and then combined it. That's a pretty good world for everyone imo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is literally just wanting to underpay artists. They aren't that expensive! You can probably get that for under $100 USD easy!

Reynolds and Bluth don't accept private commissions and buying one bespoke image from each (which would be substantially less powerful than a trained model) would run a lot more than 100 bucks. I mean, this just doesn't work as a dunk. That's why I picked them both. I've actually priced the art for a project, and that's what's made me interested in AI.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You know there are other artists in the world, right? And it's literally never been easier to contact one and tell them what you want.

No, and I really don't enjoy being berated for doing AI poo poo in the AI thread. Move on because this isn't productive.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm looking for a LORA for Orcs or half orcs. It's actually remarkably hard to get a model to generate a good orc that doesn't look plasticy. If anyone has any recc's, let me know.

edit: well this didn't exist 2 weeks ago, but now it does. Ok, nevermind:

https://civitai.com/models/19597/orc-diffusion

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Macho Man would be better but I doubt the AI could do it. He has a very...unique*...rhythm.

*cocaine-based

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's a little disheartening to me that the "then I lift" ending, which wasn't in the original, got into the AI. I guess that's par for the course.

edit: typo

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 30, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I don't know anything about Midjourney, but in Stable Diffusion all my best faces have been from inpainting at a higher res starting with lower (.3) diffusion.

The initial image generation is mostly good for style and general comp, after that you need to target the problem areas (faces, eyes, teeth, hands) as a rule.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dunno if you guys missed it but RPG v5 model is coming along nicely. According to the author it's 80% completed.

It's also being training ONLY on public domain stuff, that's free for public domain use (according to the author).

I've made so many portraits with this. Players love it. Put some LORAs on that sucker and you can make some nice stuff (for a hobbyist).

Here's a few screenshots:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StableDiffusion/comments/1465a1f/80_completed/

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wow that definitely has the 1970s comic book look, even if there's some bad artifacts.

Was this on MJ or Stable Diffusion? Mind sharing a prompt or style guide? If it's Stable Diffusion I'd like to take a shot at refining it a bit, for any future superhero games.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Leperflesh posted:

It's looking probable that we'll be rebooting this thread, and I'm looking for a volunteer to write a new OP for it. Please volunteer here or PM me if you're willing. The OP should introduce the subject (what are AIs, what are the current and upcoming tools, how do they work), and there will be rules written by the mods to be included in the OP. I think a fair introduction to both the tools and the ethical debate as it stands today is a good idea, because that will allow us to point to that summary and say "don't bother just repeating these points" to make it clear what the thread isn't for (re-hashing the same arguments already hashed). I'm not asking an OP to deliver final conclusions on each point of debate, but a reasonable statement of what the issues are and the fact that there is not a consensus on what to do about them.

So, Leperflesh, I know you're in a bad position here, and I'm sure this is no fun (you couldn't pay me to be a mod for this site) and I know you're trying to do this in good faith. But this just seems unprecedented. This is like asking someone in CineD to reboot the Marvel Movies thread but please include a section about how Disney engages in IP manipulation and vendor abuse so we can head that off at the pass.

Why should there be any ethical debate in the "how to use" thread? Is there any reason? Is there any use? There is going to be absolutely nothing of consequence to arise over debating the AI subject on this forum. That is just a fact. The less-than-three-dozen people who will read this thread and share ideas are not going to bring down the art industry, and it's very unlikely that anybody here is a legislator or mover-and-shaker of any variety. The level of fervor around this topic is really overblown for how insignificant SA is to the world at large. We are not tastemakers here.

If you're going to make AI art have a pariah status or allow people to come into the thread and debate people who just want to use the tools to make Elf Pics for their RPGs or board game concepts, then my opinion is that you should honestly lock this thread and ban AI art. This is not a particularly active thread and there are literally hundreds of great resources offsite that are a Google search away. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally won't miss it too much. And since I only use these tools to make art for personal games, not being able to post it means absolutely nothing to me.

Banishment to a place where people are excited and knowledgeable about the topic is preferable to being put in a weird containment zone in hostile territory, in my opinion.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Do not force the people who want to talk about a subject to give a performative airing of their detractor's grievances in the thread's OP.

How hard is it to say "the thread is for personal use of AI art in TTRPGs, it's not for the discussion of AI ethics, that controversy belongs in <link to D&D thread>". I understand the need for containment threads - certain topics are divisive, emotionally charged, and scary to people and sometimes posters can't be civil about them - but this seems like such an obvious overreaction.

I support a general AI art ban for art threads, that's the reasonable compromise. I wouldn't want to participate in a thread with an OP containing some bullshit mea culpa to people who think I'm an rear end in a top hat. Count me out.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 11, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Leperflesh posted:

What about something like:
  • We know that some AI tools are controversial and that there is a lively debate surrounding notions of artistic merit, fair use, credit, copyright, and more. The people in this thread know that and have decided on their own that they're comfortable with the form of use they're making.
  • Some AI tools have been trained exclusively with sources in the public domain, owned by the publisher, or with open licenses such as creative commons. Preferring those tools is a personal choice you can make if you want, but it's up to you.
  • If you disagree with the use of AI tools, you're welcome to debate the ethics of AI tools in the D&D thread. Posting in this thread just to challenge other posters on their ethics is a form of trolling and trolling is not allowed.

Do you feel even this much language acknowledging that there is a debate is self-flagellation?

The parts italicized are not really needed as they just say "the choice is theirs/yours" which everybody already knows. Everything else is fine in my opinion.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I think I might tackle the Stable Diffusion section a bit, because one of the biggest things about it is that you can host it yourself - which gives you a ton of options that using it as a hosted service just doesn't - and you can apply a conditioning interface (called ControlNet) to give you quite a bit of control over the output.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Kestral posted:

Which brings me to the actual question, which I think Megaman's Jockstrap may be intending to answer already: what's your current best option for getting an output with a high degree of specificity out of a weird description? Like, off the top of my head, if I wanted to generate an angel whose many wings were made of old televisions and their spear is a TV aerial, is that something achievable with the current tools, or should you be looking at combining multiple outputs in Photoshop and such?

You could do that but it would not be even close to instant or easy. All would require inpainting/controlling and maybe even rudimentary sketches to guide the AI for the angel wings (I can tell you right now that you are going to have A LOT of trouble with the "many wings made of old televisions".)

Here's a tutorial on photobashing and inpainting with Stable Diffusion and Controlnet. All you need here is some basic cut and paste stuff and you can get some big results. Please keep in mind that you have to be hosting Stable Diffusion locally or have access to an instance of Automatic1111 or a derivative in order to follow along with this tutorial, but even if you don't you can just sort of skip through it and see what he's talking about. Around 8:00 is the photobash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLM2Gz7GR44

I'll get something for the OP but I don't know when. We'll try by Friday.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 13, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Stable Diffusion

This is a huge topic and you could literally write a book about it. I won't. We'll try to make this short(ish) and sweet.

At first glance, Stable Diffusion is not as good as MidJourney. Until SDXL (an upcoming model) it had a bug that meant everything in it was literally trained wrong, so all of it's produced images will generally looked more washed out and lower-contrast than Midjourney (this is somewhat fixable). It's base models have less cohesion and more artifacting than Midjourney. Given the same prompt, it will generally produce a weaker and less interesting image.

Well, why use it then? The answer is easy: it's very customizable and you can have a lot of control over it. Forgive the facile analogy, but if Midjourney is Windows then Stable Diffusion is Unix/Linux - the analogy even holds a little because Stable Diffusion is open source and Midjourney is closed and proprietary. The basic expectation here is that you are going to take the time to learn the in and outs and dig under the hood of Stable Diffusion to learn it. If not, stop right now. Use Midjourney.

We'll go over the four things that are good about Stable Diffusion that Midjourney doesn't offer:

1) You can run it on your local box

Yes, if your local box has an NVIDIA graphics card made in the last 10 years it can run Stable Diffusion. Obviously the beefier and faster the card the better this works, but I was getting perfectly acceptable (if slow) results on a decade-old i5 with a GTX 970. You can also run it on AMD stuff but I don't know how that works at all. I know it's a bit trickier and requires some special config work but people do it.

The de-facto interface for it is a web front-end called Automatic1111. There's a ton of tutorials out there on how to install Automatic1111 and get the SD models so I'll leave that to you and Google.

Because you host it you don't have to pay credits or setup an account or anything. You have control over it. You can just generate whatever images you want. It's FREEEEE (unless you're an insane person and buy a new graphics card for SD! don't do that!)

2) Customized models

Stable Diffusion released their models completely for free. Open source and all that. Because it's open source, about 4 minutes later somebody made a way to continue to train models. We're not going to get into how models work but just know that it's entirely possible to extend these models. For example, if a model doesn't know what a Porsche is, you could give it a bunch of pictures of a Porsche and say "that's a Porsche" and then it "knows" and can gen images of that. So lots of people have been extending the two biggest Stable Diffusion models (referred to by their version numbers, 1.5 and 2.1 - but mostly 1.5) with new stuff, or refining old stuff.

Because these models use Stable Diffusion as a base (so that they can continue to "understand" styles and concepts that the creators didn't specifically train them on) they're usually a decent size, 6 gigs or more. But they CAN be highly useful. I say CAN because some of them are very good, but some are WAY overtrained. If you use only a few images for a concept, or a bunch of very similar images, the model will not have any variance and keep generating things that look the same. For example, if I made a model and the only pictures of men I uploaded were of 1973's Mr. Universe Arnold Swartzenegger, then every time I asked for a picture of a man I would get some variation of Arnie (probably flexing). Well, people do this all the time. In fact I'm sorry to say that most people just train them on big tiddy anime waifus. No, I am not joking. The model training community are a bunch of terminal horndogs.

At the time of writing, Civitai.com hosts Stable Diffusion models. Should you choose to visit this site: NSFW NSFW NSFW the front page will instantly poison your mind and make you hate AI. Push past it. Search for RPG to find some decent stuff (and a loving ton of samey anime girls). The "RPG_v4" model (soon to be v5) is pretty good and great for generating portraits and weapons for your games.

3) LORAs

So let's say you have a model that you really like except for one small problem: it doesn't know what a BattleTech Marauder 2C looks like. Criminal! But who wants to train a model and generate gigs of data just to add a Marauder? Well you don't have to, luckily.

Think of a LORA as a post-it-note that you stick to a model that contains exactly one style or concept that you want it to use. It requires incredibly less computer power than adding to a model, and less work too. It's entirely feasible for you (yes you!) to train a LORA, the amount of images needed is shockingly small (5 - 7 gets you decent results, more is better of course). You can use these to do things that would be nearly impossible for Midjourney, such as outputting art in the style of RIFTs. You can get real powerful results here that are simply not obtainable with other methods using custom models and LORA styles.

A picture from a little known RIFTS sourcebook from 1992, RIFTS: Robot Boyz

Remember earlier when I said you could mitigate some of the aspects of Stable Diffusion's bad training bug? Well that's a LORA. https://civitai.com/models/13941/epinoiseoffset

4) Controlnet

The best way to think of Controlnet is a way to apply traits from one image to another, like telling an artist "I want this person to be doing this pose" or whatever. So if you like the general composition of an image, or the pose a person is holding, but you want other things to change completely, that's Controlnet. If you want to apply some aspect of an image to another image, that's Controlnet.

You might have noticed earlier that people are still using SD 1.5 even though 2.1 is out. Well, that's because ControlNet only works with it. That fact alone has kept it going.

When it comes to RPG applications it's really good for getting the facial expressions you want. Here's a rakish rogue with the prompt wanting him smiling:

That's just not good enough! I want a real big smile and a particular pose, let's go ahead and grab this picture that's pretty close to what I want and put it into Controlnet, then tell Controlnet to apply that facial expression to my guy:

It doesn't matter that it's a cartoon. If it's got a face, Controlnet can work with it. Here's the final output:

So we didn't get the Dreamworks Smirk (and there's a small artifact and some small teeth issues that I just didn't bother to fix) but he does look a lot happier! Also note that his head position and pose is exactly like the cartoon picture (although his eyes aren't looking the same way). And if my player cared enough we could try another picture or whatever, but this is good enough as an example I did in 5 minutes.

Here's another 5 minute example. I wanted to make a flower sword where the blade is coming out of petals near the hilt. A quick sketch in GIMP (not even using a tablet) and sending it to Controlnet on the RPG_V4 model with a very basic "a photograph of a flower sword, highly detailed blade" prompt goes from this:

to this:

Again, it's in the exact orientation I wanted, proportions what I asked for, no guessing for a magic prompt. It's not perfect but for 5 minutes it's a great player handout.

It also does full body poses, fingers and hands, architecture, edge detection, A LOT. Controlnet is magic. Controlnet is life. Covering what Controlnet can do is waaaaay beyond the scope of this post so instead here's a mega big tutorial on it: https://stable-diffusion-art.com/controlnet/

Final Thoughts

Stable Diffusion is huge and I've barely scratched the surface here (I did not mention image-to-image, interrogating, inpainting, Krita integration, hypernetworks, Dreambooth, etc), but sufficed to say you're not locked in to giving money to Midjourney or trying to find the "magic phrase" if you don't want to. You can host and use your own image diffusion system and get a really cool way to make player portraits, player handouts, maps, and anything else you could want. A very useful tool for upping the professionalism of your game.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 15, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I have never tried SD with cloud hosting but it's 100% possible. It's literally just python scripts and compiled libraries, a big math matrix that gets sent to your video card (or CPU if you're unlucky) for crunching, and a web front end that runs it all. For me, though, I just don't like dealing with the maintenance overhead, plus as a former programmer I want ~T O T A L C O N T R O L~

KwegiboHB is clearly a fellow SD guy but I just don't share the enthusiasm for running it on substandard stuff. I mean, if you have no choice, sure. It genuinely sucks to wait 50 seconds between image gens, though. Being able to do an image a second from the previous 30 seconds per gen completely changed how I used it for the better.

I updated my SD post to include one more Controlnet example, to show that you can take your own crummy art and turn it into something acceptable (or even great, if you spent a ton of time on it).

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

So I had my first truly negative experience with AI. A player asked to submit some backstory to me and I said sure. I received 3 pages which surprised me greatly as this player is not really that type of table presence. I read it and it was just bland trash about frolicking in the woods near their cabin with their uncle and gathering herbs and poo poo. It wasn't interesting at all, although it did fit the background for a primal/ranger type.

I got suspicious and asked them if an AI wrote it and the answer was yes. They gave ChatGPT some sort of "write a nature background for my character" and it came up with this nonsense. They then sent it over to me. They hadn't even done more than skim it!

So now I have a rule with my players: do not use AI for the connective tissue of your backstory. I'm fine with them using it for names, inspiration, whatever, but the actual connective tissue needs to be players because honestly this loving sucked. It took them 3 minutes to waste 10 minutes of my time.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Uh, who is that artist? They loving rock.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Golden Bee posted:

I like games with where backstory is mechanized.

Traveler rules!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I now have Stable Diffusion doing character studies like it's AAA game (you know, bust portrait straight ahead, bust portrait profile, full body front and back), they lack a bit of coherence but they feel extremely luxurious and the response has been tremendous.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The next version of Stable Diffusion's model, SDXL, has leaked. It's the .9 model so it's not quite there yet but it does have much more "midjourney" like coherence and framing.

The exciting thing will be the fine tuning and Control net stuff. In 6 months I expect things to be very good for the casual user.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Every indication is that SXDL is going to be a massive upgrade over SD1.5. The only "negative" I've heard is that it doesn't have any porno in it, which is causing all the usual freaks to scream about how it's going to be failure.

I actually love that, because a couple of times I've asked for, like, a middle aged female monk and got a great gen except they were topless and anatomically correct. At that point it's either crop it or toss it and that sucks.

edit: also regarding SD1.5, if the "battlemap" LORA is the one I'm thinking of the guy who makes those absolutely sucks at making LORAs. No real surprise there. He has like 20+ LORAs and they all suck.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 20, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Kestral posted:

I recall reading somewhere that SDXL was also going to substantially increase the system requirements for generating images, to something in the 30XX range. Hopefully that doesn’t prove to be the case, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

It is higher but it's not that high.

quote:

needing only a Windows 10 or 11, or Linux operating system, with 16GB RAM, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 20 graphics card (equivalent or higher standard) equipped with a minimum of 8GB of VRAM. Linux users are also able to use a compatible AMD card with 16GB VRAM.

https://archive.is/achPx#selection-1481.113-1481.370

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

SDXL being released today. The maker of the RPG model has already said that he's going to bring it over and he has a year of experience with finetuning (that's basically an eternity in this biz right now), so expect the "AI generated RPG art" space to just absolutely explode in quality in about three months.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Trip report: out of the box SDXL is far more coherent and far more capable of hitting particular styles and looks without searching for "the magic prompt".

This was about 4 minutes of work, trying to make Dark Sun art. You simply wouldn't get this kind of thing out of 1.5. This will be an absolute monster when it has it's ControlNets and LORAs sorted out, which will fix the weird hands and anatomy stuff.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Sure. This is on the base SDXL on SD_NEXT/Vladomatic. I actually had a misconfiguration with my VAE that made the image much lower contrast than it should be, but it just happened to work out and make it more Brom-y.

You'll notice that there is an artifact extending out from the figure's right hand, but it was very easily masked and painted out.

Also: you'll notice that you don't need ridiculous cargo cult long-rear end prompts. This was about my sixteenth try (I have a 4090 and am decently experienced so it goes fast).
Also also: the model understands the phrases:
"the art of athas and dark sun"
"the dark sun of athas"
"amazing d & d dark sun art"

...but I didn't use them, as it had a (to me) negative effect on coherence.

Ok, enough yappin'. Here you go:

Positive prompt:
fully body oil painting of A wanderer with pale white skin and warpaint, leather girdle, no pants, sandals, alone on the wasteland, orange sky, (by Gerald Brom: 1.1)

Negative prompt:
vegetation, plants, water, river, rain, clouds, nsfw

Steps: 75, Seed: 2484100468, Sampler: UniPC, CFG scale: 7, Size: 1304x784, Parser: Full parser, Model: sd_xl_base_1.0, Model hash: be9edd61, Refiner: sd_xl_refiner_1.0, Version: 42c6147,
Pipeline: Diffusers, Operations: txt2img, Token merging ratio: 0.5

I have a few other things to talk about here in my next post. What it basically boils down to is that SDXL is a large step forward and substantially closes the gap that had been growing between Midjourney and Stable Diffusion. In six months, when they've got ControlNet integrated and we have some additional finetunes this is going to be phenomenal.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 30, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Get some actual battlemap chunks from a module and send them to the interrogator, find out what SD thinks the prompt was.

You can get all sorts of fun and cool stuff out of this, and I never see it mentioned as the #1 way to prompt engineer once you get a basic handle on how to construct a prompt.

There's no need to do the 4k 8k masterpiece stuff with SDXL, btw.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Use SDXL to make unsettling crime scene photos for your favorite 1930s Lovecraftian game. Makes a great landing page.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

There's some pretty rudimentary AI video generation out there, and so in my quest to make my games as cinematic and luxurious as possible I decided to dive in.

I discovered that there are 2 major platforms: Gen-2, that you have to pay for (yuckarooni) and Pika Labs, which is free. Also Pika Labs works with images you upload, while Gen-2 just uses them as a guide and produces it's own thing.

I decided to see how it works. The answer is, pretty decent!

Here's a Frank-Frazetta style orc warrior that I generated. Please note that the actual output of Pika Labs is an MP4 (I had to convert this to GIF to host it). Sadly, Foundry can't accept these as valid character sheet pictures. I desperately wanted Hogwarts style character pics for my players, even though they don't loop cleanly.

Click for big, and keep in mind this is just an SDXL image that I sent over to the algorithm with the description "orc warrior in a rainstorm, moving clouds, rain, lightning, breeze, storm":

This tech is like 8 months old so I'm sure it's going to improve rapidly. Pretty cool.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah, it's a cool toy. If they can get it up to 10 seconds or so and an option for seamlessly loopable (a tough ask) they could make a lot of money; that's something I (and I think a whole bunch of people) would actually pay for.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

feedmyleg posted:

Does Pika let you use a prompt and also maintain the original composition? Runway lets you do either/or but not both.

But yeah, in a couple of generations this is going to be a Big Deal if it can maintain coherence and be "directed" to any significant degree.

Yes. You get your exact image with the prompt applied to it, unlike Gen-2 that just sort of uses it as a guide.

I really suggest giving it a try; it's a fun toy and very neat, and the other players love it when you give them a Hogwart'd character pic, even if they can't actually put it on their VTT sheet.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

type "/create " and then your prompt
click on the "+1 more"
click on the "image" that appears in the menu right above the chat box
attach your image