Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

trapstar posted:

To me one of the funnest parts of TTRPGs is writing your characters backstory. I can't fathom why anyone would want to do this.

there is a dude who plays with us who hates having to write a backstory so much that we just let him reuse the same character story every time he dies. I hand-waved it as inter-dimensional quantum leap Sigrid the Barbarian. I think we are on like Sigrid VI now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

That's a dude I would just fire from my table, goddamn. If you can't respect everyone else's time and effort to put in the bare minimum to participate, you can gently caress off and go do something with other people willing to tolerate your lack of respect.

It’s not that bad, he’s just an ENGINEER so he does not possess the capacity to be creative and write. he’s a good friend so we just accept his limitations in D&D as foibles of his character. He’s an active player who does poo poo (otherwise)