Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Can you post your list of 'magic words' to bypass the 'I am an AI...' spiel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
John Wick is Dishonored

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rutibex posted:

I've been working on this on/off for most of the holidays and now Wizards of the Coast is apparently pulling the D&D license from 3rd party creators. So gently caress it, I'm just gonna release it for free creative commons. Now if WotC ever publishes any spells like mine they are violating creative commons. Its still a little rough, but I'm tired of working on it and its usable enough for a free book :v: Enjoy Malidrex Grand Grimoire!

-246 New Spells!
-256 New Feats!
-133 New Magic Items!
-67 New Prestige Classes!
-Zero Balance!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a53zyshe614atrf/Malidrex+Grand+Grimoire+v1.0.pdf/file

Lack of balance means that you are definitely in the WotC design space.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Characters for a Gotham 1975 game I just ran...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Sure. Midjourney

In order...
1. https://s.mj.run/mxk0yzY978Q in the style of Neal Adams
2. 1975, Batwoman, in the style of Neal Adams --no cape
3. Tom Selleck, 1975, cheap private detective, young, New York alley, in the style of Neal Adams
4. 1975, a chest-high portrait of Christina Ricci in pantsuit, blonde hair,four color art,in the style of Neal Adams
5. 1975, Arnold Vosloo in sunglasses,bald, leather jacket,1975, four color comic art,in the style of Neal Adams

Picking an appropriate period artist is the secret

Here is the Ricci prompt with Carmine Infantino swapped for Adams.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I just ignore the debate and post images I've used in my games with their prompts. Before AI I used to photocopy or trace images back in the 80s and 90s, and moved to photoshopping in the 2000s. I wasn't paying artists then. Now I've moved to using machine learning systems to generate the base image and then photoshop them to what I need them to be.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Grey Hunter posted:

Edit - I'm also enjoying the Schrödinger's AI - Everything it produces is rubbish, but at the same time it's going to put people out of work.
You can make convincing arguments for both, but not both at the same time!

'Schrödinger's AI' is the perfect term

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I used Midjourney a ton for not just character pictures for my Gotham 75 game but also for newspaper pictures

and ambiance pictures

credit to some of the front page stories goes to the New York Times Time Machine archive and edited to match up with Gotham

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
For my Gotham Ambience prompt, I used 1975 Gotham City skyline, Gothic Architecture, night, raining, detailed, 8k,4k, intricate, 4k, 8k the sewer one came from Nightcafe and I did not use any artist's style attached. The pictures were things like; Uma Thurman in a trenchcoat,1975, photograph, black and white,photorealistic, portrait--ar 3:4 and Bicentennial Celebration,Times Square, 1976, kodachrome, photograph

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That's a reason not to join a game?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mirage posted:

AI or not, please please tell me this is the Riddler's hideout.

Oh, it is. It took a while for the players to notice the photoshopped question mark. I Photoshop most of my stuff. My old character pictures I would grab a ton of images off the internet and cut and paste them together. Collage is a technique that's been around since glue and printed imagery and artists that did it, like Baldassari and Hamilton, never credited the source material they cut and pasted together. I just did it digitally.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 14, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Megazver posted:

It's pretty dope!

Thanks!

Here's an example as I am building a new character picture for a friend's superhero game character. She wanted to play a Guyver. Okay. First I fed the prompt into Midjourney

The prompt was ' female Guyver Unit,full face helmet, jade green,detailed, 8k,4k, intricate'

As you can see it really did not do 'full face helmet' well...

So I generated some helmets.
prompt 'a head shot of a Guyver Unit,jade green,detailed, 8k,4k, intricate'

This first image was the best out of the ones I got...

So on to Photoshop!

Chosen head...

Layer Two, helmet flipped resized and cropped...

Layer Three, The weirdaass eyeball snagged from a screen shot of the old Guyver movie resized, color corrected, and puppetwarped so it matched the angle of the helmet...

Layer Four the cheek vents, taken from a picture of a Guyver Miniature on sale from a very sketchy Japanese online anime shop. Resized, warped and adjusted to match the cheek contour...

Layer Five, The browpiece which I grabbed off a free gaming stock art/asset site because it looked cool. It also had to be resized, angled, color matched yadda yadda yadda...

A few tricks with layers and filters and...

Meet Guyver -IX

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Megazver posted:

These look dope as well! I've been meaning to sit down and actually do a course of learning image manipulation to help me with this stuff, but I keep procrastinating.

Also, I got curious, so I gave this a go as well.

"a portrait of female guyver unit, face hidden by the helmet, jade green, detailed --ar 2:3"

I'm of the opinion that the "4k, 8k" copypasta in prompts is magic thinking, in MJ at least, and I find that if you're trying to generate something with headwear or helmets or elaborate hair it helps to set a 2:3 aspect ratio.

That last set was after an hour of prompting. I knew I could make a faceplate (in the way I did), but I wanted the head angle to be right and the proportions to work. I don't claim to be an artist, but I do understand composition and layout.

If you want to do any kind of image manipulation, use a program that has layer support and duplication. Being able to layer poo poo is key so You don't gently caress up your master and can step back. If you look at the layers sections of those screen shots you'll see some that have blueish thumbnails, those are ones I use for testing masking

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 14, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Ruffian Price posted:

For most cases "don't include the pink elephant" prompts are more likely to add a pink elephant to the picture. You might want to try face, skin in the negative prompt, which I'm told is done in MJ via the --no parameter

I did try that, but as I said, I kept getting poor angles and proportions, so it was easier just generating a helmet separately and combining them. I had to add the cyclops eye and brow pieces I wanted anyway.

The main point of that post was that I was using MJ (which is a digital collage of image pieces gathered from all over the internet) as part of a Photoshop digital collage.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I use ChatGPT to come up with names and countries/political styles/economics. It's easier than rolling off random tables for me and I can ask it to describe them if any are more interesting. I don't use it for DMing per se, but it speeds up prep a ton.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

feedmyleg posted:

Give them a quiz on the papers they wrote. Everyone gets a custom 4 question quiz on the basics of what they wrote. Sure, it's a lot of effort, but it'll put fear into em for next time.

Also, why not do a unit on AI-Assisted Writing? If they're gonna do it, teach them how to do it well and how to revise using different pointed commands and how to ask for sources and check their veracity? It'll help them see that this isn't a "give command get paper" tool, but can also be a way of creating something much closer to an authored work.

Other teachers might hate you, though.

'How to do AI assisted writing' is what the high school creative writing course I teach morphed into. We're still just making it up, but so far, it's improved my students' critical analysis of writing more than I could have imagined

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Oligopsony posted:

Joesky tax: nobody’s creating maps with ML yet, are they? All the random generators I know of are still handcoded, and using art models for maps isn’t there yet. (If I had more time and technical expertise, maybe I could experiment with a LoRA, but maps are so dependent on compositional details and relationships that I suspect it would be a very steep climb even with an appropriate training corpus.)

Would love to hear more about this (whether here, PM, or a more appropriate thread) and what parts/exercises/framings have been most effective.

For the maps, midjourney kicks out really good battlemaps actually since v4.

Viking village, top down battlemap, detailed, intricate

For teaching, giving the students samples of AI written text, some uncut and then other samples edited by me, and seeing if they can pick apart the reasons one or the other worked better. Stuff like that. I have also written pieces to mimic ML text and slipped them in to set up a class vs.teacher on whether I'm sneakier or they're more perceptive. That really helped the group dynamic on working together against me and was also really fun for all of us.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 4, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Kestral posted:

You are doing the lord’s work in that class, Humbug, hell yeah

On the Midjourney maps, any particular prompts necessary to get it to generate coherent battle maps, or is it as straightforward as “battle map for d&d 5th edition, lakeside village, densely forested” and go? And do you know how well it handles weirder map prompts, where you want something that isn’t a generic wilderness scene?

I listed the prompt I used for that village

Here's your prompt (plus top down, intricate, detailed)

And here's an outpainted (zoomed out 2x) of one of those maps...

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 4, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I teach 11th and 12th-grade English specializing in Creative Writing; fact-checking gets tricky there. What I can teach is phrasing, pacing, mood, and tone. ML writing does not nail that yet, and the students by seeing what sounds clunky have been learning to spot it in their own work.

Bonus MJ cyberpunk battlemaps...
top down battle map, cyberpunk alley ,night time, intricate,detailed

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Ai or ML is here, and it is not going away. Learning how to work with it is a lot more useful than screaming in rage.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Trying out the Claude chatbot. works pretty well...

quote:

I would like a a world for an RPG. The world is named Hive and it has a technological level of Earth in the 1930s. Here are ten countries and their types of government that on Hive, with a technological level equivalent to Earth in the 1930s:

Vesperia - Monarchy

Equilis - Democracy

Sarnia - Fascist

Norgard - Totalitarian

Altland - Constitutional Monarchy

Rivenna - Republic

Calendria - Absolute Monarchy

Auriga - Democratic Republic

Valtara - Constitutional Republic

Helios - Authoritarian
Here are some details about the country of Sarnia on the fictional world of Hive:

Sarnia is a fascist nation ruled by a dictator named General Issk. The General rose to power in the 1920s after a prolonged economic depression led to widespread civil unrest. He presented himself as a strong leader who could restore Sarnia to its former glory.

The government of Sarnia is highly militaristic and nationalistic. Propaganda posters and radio broadcasts constantly extoll the virtues of the Sarnian people, painting foreigners and minorities as enemies of the state. Secret police monitor citizens for any signs of dissent.

The economy of Sarnia is largely controlled by the state. Major industries like manufacturing, mining and agriculture are all nationalized. The military also plays a major role in the economy, both for defense purposes and through state-run arms production.

Sarnian society is highly regimented. Citizens are expected to serve the state loyally. The school curriculum focuses heavily on physical fitness and military training. All media and culture serves to reinforce nationalist ideals.

The capital city of Sarnia is Ankaport, an industrial hub filled with factories and military bases. The city has little architectural beauty, prioritizing functionality over aesthetics. Huge portraits and statues of General Issk are found throughout Ankaport.

Beyond the repressive political system, Sarnia struggles with poverty and limited economic development. The fascist system favors the military and a few loyal industrialists, while the broader population faces shortages of consumer goods and civil liberties.

So far it's working pretty good.

https://claude.ai/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
From a Legend of the Five Rings game I'm in...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Megazver posted:

This is interesting! What's the prompt?

Ofra Haza with dark blue skin, wearing a hajib, intricate, in the style of a Persian tapestry,detailed

The character is an Ashalan Sorcerer from Legend of the Burning Sands.

The Israeli singer Ofra Haza is also where I got the source for this Champions character...

Ofra Haza, white hair, wearing a military uniform, flaming wings,intricate,detailed, action pose, in the style of Jim Lee

Neither look like her exactly, but the facial structure was what I was aiming for.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 15, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there a way for those battlemaps to specify like a DPI so the grid from Foundry can overlap?

Throw them into irFanview and adjust the DPI there

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is this a thing!? :aaa: Maybe it will let me fix any random battlemap I find without a displayed dpi?

Absolutely it's a thing; check the bottom left of the dialogue box. The command is in the 'Image' menu

edit; Incidentally, Roll20 uses 70 DPI for it's default.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 30, 2023

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There's some pretty rudimentary AI video generation out there, and so in my quest to make my games as cinematic and luxurious as possible I decided to dive in.

I discovered that there are 2 major platforms: Gen-2, that you have to pay for (yuckarooni) and Pika Labs, which is free. Also Pika Labs works with images you upload, while Gen-2 just uses them as a guide and produces it's own thing.

I decided to see how it works. The answer is, pretty decent!

Here's a Frank-Frazetta style orc warrior that I generated. Please note that the actual output of Pika Labs is an MP4 (I had to convert this to GIF to host it). Sadly, Foundry can't accept these as valid character sheet pictures. I desperately wanted Hogwarts style character pics for my players, even though they don't loop cleanly.

Click for big, and keep in mind this is just an SDXL image that I sent over to the algorithm with the description "orc warrior in a rainstorm, moving clouds, rain, lightning, breeze, storm":

This tech is like 8 months old so I'm sure it's going to improve rapidly. Pretty cool.

How do you attach an image in Pika. The instructions are dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

type "/create " and then your prompt
click on the "+1 more"
click on the "image" that appears in the menu right above the chat box
attach your image

:wotwot: