Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
I've been making a card game I intended to give to friends and family as a Christmas gift but it fell apart (#*&@ MPC). The theme is one of those cooking shows on the Food Network like Chopped... but the chefs are also ninjas!

The ninja chefs play food on their tables...

...but other ninjas can try to sabotage them...

...but you can set traps to halt the attacking ninjas!

It never got printed, but if anyone is interested I'll write up the rules and put the whole thing where you can see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
This looks amazing and you should absolutely post the entire rules and all the cards

Here you go: https://gofile.io/d/BDq26M

Comments welcome.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 19, 2023

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Megazver posted:

rip rutibex and goonspeed

you lorded one edge too many

i will miss your pics

I spent 1.5 hours typing up the rules to that game I made after he said he wanted to see it, and he didn't even download it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Doctor Zero posted:

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying this - he literally posted in this thread stating that's exactly what his PDF was. :iiam:

thatsthejoke.jpg. Basically he poo poo out a million AI generated D&D spells and items and published them under OGL, so (in theory) he could sue Wizards if they ever published anything similar.

Anyway I'll repost my link one last time in case anyone cares.

https://gofile.io/d/BDq26M

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

BrainDance posted:

I checked it out, I'm the guy that clicks on links cuz I am both a data hoarder who hasn't deleted anything since 1998 and a guy trying to see every single thing done with AI.

I liked the boob ladies eating watermelon.
I still gotta read through the rules but, you think this is actually playable?

Getting stuff printed on decent stock, like playing cards, is very cheap and easy in China I could probably make a deck if it's actually playable.

I intended it as a Christmas present to be given out to my bajillion nieces and nephews who are in the 8-13 age range. In my opinion, it's playable, but if you're the sort of person who has boardgamegeek bookmarked you would probably become bored after fifteen minutes.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Leperflesh posted:

Well, I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I'm generally posting in favor of keeping this thread and challenging the arguments against use of AI art and text in the feedback thread, but if folks here feel like it's a lost argument anyway, I don't know what I'm supposed to do really.

Laying aside the question of ethics, a "No AI art in SA except where allowed" would be pointless because it's impossible to tell definitively whether a pic is AI drawn, unless it has 8 fingers or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Oligopsony posted:

IME best practices for using ChatGPT as a creative aid are (1) going for volume, then selecting down, (2) providing examples, and (3) specifying temperature. Most of these are in some way or another about getting the model past its first instinct, which is to go for the most obvious stuff you could create anyway. It's bad at evaluation, but good at just being a workhorse, so if you randomly generate then iterate on the best examples you're in business.

So you can just say "temperature=2"?