Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Megazver posted:

Tried to generate a functional-looking mace that has a caduceus-like design for its head, perhaps with the caduceus motif engraved on its head, and the AIs want NONE of my bullshit.

"Is that 'too clunky to even be a scepter?' Well gently caress you too, meatbag! This is your dumb prompt!"

I'll try a spear.

EDIT: "*in mocking robotic voice* "What's that? 'A s-spear ins-stead?' I am sorry, did I stutter? gently caress you. Meatbag. "

Generally if the AI isn't getting a concept I find it helps to start piling on synonyms. Time to bust out the AD&D list of polearms: longspear, lance, ranseur, roncone, trident, pike, poleaxe, bardiche, guisarme, glaive, glaive-guisarme...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Xir posted:

Dowsers of the Damp

Isn't that all of them?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

BrainDance posted:

Ideally what we'd have, I think, is something like an embedding. An extra addendum file used by the model to remember what it's said and what you've told it so it can reference it whenever it's needed, or swapped out when you need it to be aware of different things.

This was exactly what AI Dungeon added in one of their updates over two years ago. The user has to manually update the memory field, though.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

BrainDance posted:

How do they manage it, same deal as chatGPT and just feeding it all back into the AI with the new prompt?

Yup. I think every prompt is basically starting the AI from scratch, feeding it the contents of the "history" box along with the previous X words of back and forth exchange for context.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

KakerMix posted:

cool poo poo

Those bottles aren't symmetrical though :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Liquid Communism posted:

Ten to one it's the same reason as the one that was kicking back Avengers fanfiction couple nicknames because it was illicitly trained on a web scrape of Archive of our Own. There's a ton of old Shadowrun sites out there on archive.org.

"Illicit"? Pretty sure the GPTs were trained on a scrape of the entire internet