Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Twin Cinema posted:

In the 2022 calendar year, McDavid has over 143 points. That would be good for 22nd all-time in a single season. He's currently on pace for 155 points this season.

If it wasn't for COVID, McDavid would be closing on his 7th consecutive 100-point season. That would have put him second all-time.

How is this guy still good? Looked like he was done a few seasons ago.

he is powered by the hopes and dreams of the children cheering for him:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Texas had an outdoor game

It was good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More like LOSEapeg!!!!!:smug::smug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Conversely it was wild as hell watching the bankrupt, ownerless Dallas Stars manage to blow like 3 win and you're in season enders in a row. Heartbreakers all, but the seasons were exciting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I kinda think it's weird to have tablets on the bench in any sport unless you are a coach. I'd rather the players pay attention to the game, but I say that more from the position of "I know loving nothing about actually playing hockey."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

I look at the impacts the change from Rick Bowness to Pete DeBoer had on a lot of players on the Dallas Stars and I can see arguments either way.. There were inarguably certain players on the Stars that were really suffering from playing under a system that prioritized tough, defense first hockey. Certain players need to play in a more aggressive system to get the most out of their skillsets. I've found it very interesting to watch some players (Benn, Seguin, Faksa) who really excelled 5 years ago under Lindy Ruff have career rejuvenations under Pete DeBoer and then other players who were signed to play under Bowness like Jani Hakanpaa, Ryan Suter and Luke Glendening look completely lost.

Ultimately if Tocchet does try to implement some sort of new focus on grind it out hockey a bunch of players on the Canucks will probably benefit and others will probably be much worse under him. It's probably why building a winning team isn't as simple as just looking at the guys who led for points/60 the previous few years and going out and getting them.

The story of the past decade for the Dallas Stars starts and ends with a dumbfuck owner overcorrecting a team that might have been leaning a little too hard on the offense first mentality.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Top 5 is four Jamie Benns on a cliff, right before a fifth enters the picture

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Stars are comically bad at overtime and thats funny to me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

This is not true. There was probably a dozen teams in all of baseball actually trying to win last year and 8-10 teams actively tanked last season. Its a huge issue in baseball.

Houston Astros wouldn't be who they are right now without tanking harder than almost anyone else before. Their games almost lost tv time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Indiana Jones is rolling in his grave

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CBJSprague24 posted:

Meanwhile, who's best with their lottery scratch off ticket picks in Rounds 3 and lower?

https://twitter.com/eliteprospects/status/1623053194346504208?t=zvM5luMb_8Fy5QHAX2Febw&s=19

stars drafting mid???? no wa--yeah that's about right for that timespan. Wonder who the GM was

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:lmao:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yes please gently caress up your team making room for Kane Rangers, you are exactly where he belongs

:hai:

Tired of hearing rumblings that the Stars would consider him. Someone else please for the love of God take him off the board.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cocaine Bear posted:

Chicago has announced they will be sitting their entire team due to trade implications. They still beat Dallas in regulation :suicide:

Aw rad, I just screamed again

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hahaha, RSNs are in danger :downs:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fawning deference posted:

So Colorado is definitely gonna win the West. They're right behind Dallas and Vegas now for points percentage.

Nah they're gonna win a bucket of dog poop

Cause I'm mailing it to em

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm hearing reports that dallas is doing nothing

Pants have been pooped, and Nill has been set down for a nice nappy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k