Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Back in the day if you wanted people to read your dumb ideas you had to send them to a newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pungry posted:

Salivating that the Coyotes' might get one of the top-5 forwards available in the draft to go with the rest of the extremely strong set of scoring prospects already there. Man, imagine the Coyotes being able to score 3.7 goals per game.

Imagine how many draft picks they'll get for him at the end of his ELC

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I still remember how upset Dallas fans were when Hitchcock got fired
or how upset Philly fans were when Hitchcock got fired
or how upset Columbus fans were when Hitchcock got fired
or how upset St Louis fans were when Hitchcock got fired

Just a totally normal thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

crashlanding posted:

Devils just surpassed their point total from last year, I wonder what the earliest that happened was. I saw 17-18 Avs did it on Jan. 13.

1994 sharks did it on Dec 3.

Granted they only had 24 points to beat.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

crashlanding posted:

Still cool, when you're that bad you still have to, you know, improve

Somebody tell that to the Coyotes!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is a pretty cool picture

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If Skinner is too sick to go to the all-star game, the Oilers should send Matt Berlin in his place.

He has a 0.00 career GAA and 1.000 career SV%. You can't argue with stats.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift's top 5 draft picks based entirely on how cool their names are:

1. Rodzers Bukarts
2. Hugo Hell
3. Will Smith
4. Jimi Junkkari
5. Bronson Ride

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

my friend, it is not going to move the needle at all when it comes to the Detroit River

Is that Mordor?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Oilers have 5 players that could have potentially hit 100 points this year and they couldn't even beat Philadelphia.

It's going to take all 7 SCF games for them to win the cup this year. Hopefully a lower seed comes out of the east so it happens at home.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

When I say I want the Leafs to trade for a player that's actually good I just want it to be crystal clear that I consider Kane to be in the Formerly Good category and would appreciate the universe recognizing the distinction so I don't eat my words in an example of dramatic irony

*monkey paw curls*

*Maple Leafs sign P.K. Subban*

He does give money to the children's hospital, after all.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I wonder if Kane would waive his NMC for the sharks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

morningdrew posted:

Probably can't even skate backwards

If that counts, then so does this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

i guess kyle dubas' thoughts on this are roughly "yeah that's gonna suck for whoever gets my job next year"

At least the next GM doesn't have to worry about who to draft.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

It is my absolute delight to inform you that the Oilers still lost in regulation

That's only their 4th regulation loss in 2023.

all they need to do is score a few more goals per game to overcome the goaltending, and win every game 8-7.

They should trade for a few more forwards, and just play every game powerplay style.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They just need to not play Jack Campbell

*Monkey's paw finger curls*

https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1528567072074002433?s=20

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Mike Smith had a .913 save% for the Oilers.

But also,

https://i.imgur.com/gomZRTW.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ZPIYQeY.mp4

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

grack posted:

Avs traded something called a Shane Bowers to Boston for Keith Kinkaid

Okay

In his 4 years with an NHL contract, Bowers has 1:46 in ice time.

That's M:SS

in his 12 years with an NHL contract, Kinkaid's longest contract is 2 years.

He has a 968 sv% and 1 GAA for Boston this year*

*In his 1 game played.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Buffalo Sabres have $18m in cap space, +2 2nd round, -1 3rd round draft pick over the next 3 years, and are in a playoff spot.

Why aren't they doing stuff?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

God drat, it really is Boston's year, isn't it?

They've only allowed 42 goals in 22 games since Jan 1st.

Vancouver has allowed 97 in 23 games.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arizona Coyotes are a scam.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

clean ayers act posted:

is the western conference aware they are allowed to participate in the trade deadline

Why load up when you can just let whoever comes out of the east to be worn down to nothing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Remember when you would play franchise mode in the NHL games and would dump all your future picks to go for it because you knew you weren't playing more than 2 or 3 seasons?

The Arizona Coyotes are the opposite of that.

This you?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The current boston bruins have the highest point percentage(0.819) since 99-00, the year points for being tied at the end of regulation came into place. The only team in the top 10 to convert that to a cup was the 2013 Blackhawks.

The Edmonton Oilers are currently 3rd in that same period for GF/GP(3.83), behind the 18-19 lightning and 21-22 Panthers. There are only 6 teams in the modern era that averaged over 5 goals per game, 5 of them are the Oilers from 81 through 86

The Anaheim Ducks are currently 1st, and the Vancouver Canucks 2nd in that same period for GA/GP. To find a worse GA/GP you'd have to go back to the 95-96 Sharks. The current Ducks are the only team in the 21st century to average more than 4 goals allowed per game. This comes from allowing the most shots against per game of all time at 39.8. They're frankly lucky to have 19 wins. Teams don't tank though, Bettman said it himself.

The Edmonton Oilers are currently 1st of the modern era for PP% at 32.1%. Second is the 77-78 Canadiens at 31.9%. The Colorado Avalanche are the 5th lowest of the modern era at 23.1%

The Vancouver Canucks are currently last of all time for PK% at 66.3%

Powershift fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 27, 2023

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bub spank posted:

Karlsson is the only acceptable option for Edmonton, and it's ridiculous that it won't ever happen.

The Oilers need retained salary on him and there's no way anybody's going to help with that with 4 more years on his contract.

It's also entirely possible he won't waive his NMC for Edmonton.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The eastern final is going to be Buffalo vs NYI

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Another Leafs move that doesn't really move the needle at all. I don't understand their rationale at all.

Desperation by Dubas in his last year as GM.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

(proceeds to have two lockouts in 10 years)

I wonder if there is a common thread between the NBA getting better and the NHL getting worse from that point that we could identify and then boo at whenever he appears to hand out the cup.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The condition is because of this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Blackhawks are playing the Coyotes in a few hours, they should make Kane suit up and play for the Coyotes as a punishment for all this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

the 2023 2nd becomes a 2024 1st if McDonalds brings back the McRib at the same time they're selling Shamrock Shakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

GIMME A FUCKIN TRADE I NEED MY FUCKIN FIX

Weber for Lehner 1 for 1!