Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Detroit is in a weird situation roster-wise, in that they have 4 wingers (Vrana, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, and Zadina) returning all around the same time, and while they called up Jonatan Berggren as a replacement, he's playing too well to be sent back down. On top of that, They grabbed Magnus Hellberg off of waivers and he's been outplaying Nedejkovic for the backup job, so for the time being they're also carrying 3 goalies.

I guess Yzerman is banking on no one claiming $11 million over the next two years for a guy fresh out of PAP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

N: https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1616269417108717571

V: Let's see how many people trust the Yzerplan after the captain and best player walks in the summer

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

DJExile posted:

Vox basically laid off all the hockey pages at SBNation

https://twitter.com/hinx/status/1616467959379025920

great news for all of the freaks posting "so he's not allowed to have an opinion???" under all the sites calling out Provorov and the Flyers

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

what a stupid team, what a stupid sport

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

eXXon posted:

More like Bruce there it isn't in Vancouver anymore.

Bruce There He Goes

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

If I'm a goalie I'm definitely not trying to fight Binnington, he seems like the type to go Dan Cloutier mode and straight up try and kill you on the ice.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I should ask some old classmates to find out if this is actually true or just a joke, but the story around my high school was that Taylor Hall got busted for cheating on a science test, and the big tip-off was that he got a 70. I guess his punishment was to make more money than every student and teacher in that school combined.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

WeaponX posted:

I remember Raty being an underrated favorite in his draft, wasn’t he at one point was even considered top-3? He has looked pretty promising at the NHL level. Solid prospect for sure.

iirc he made the Finnish WJHC team at 16, got some first overall hype, then stagnated so badly that he didn't make the team at 17

I remember an Athletic article like four years ago where some writers fantasy drafted one player/coach/GM/owner/city or something, and somebody tried to galaxy-brain it by taking Raty as their player

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 31, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/1622764722675130371?s=46&t=MTdfThsOcj8P8ctSovagsQ

I’m curious what happened between Vrana and the team, from the outside it looks like he’s being punished for seeking treatment

Remember when Mantha scored in his first four games as a Capital, and then Vrana had a four-goal game, and we all thought that was a win-win trade?

He's seemingly found his legs again, in the AHL at least:
https://twitter.com/iyer_prashanth/status/1622215406822854656

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

On the list of the silliest semantic arguments I've seen in the NHL N/V thread, that's got to be one of the lowest

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Good soup! posted:

Yeah this is a great read

I liked him saying that Chris Chelios went to Detroit "in the latter part of his prime". He was 37 years old! And he's not even wrong!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hand Knit posted:

As for real three-way trades, there was one with Tampa, Detroit and... San Jose(?) back in the day. I think it involved Matt Carle and a first round pick that would turn into Vasilevsky.

The Vasilevskiy pick was traded essentially straight up for the immortal Kyle Quincey. Another Ken Holland masterpiece.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

N: Red Wings call up Jakub Vrana, which there's probably no point doing if they're just going to buy him out, and then scratch him on back to back nights, which there's probably no point doing if you want to showcase him for a trade.

V: Just re-sign the Larkin, do whatever spell Montreal did to convince GMs that Ben Chiarot was worth a first-round pick, and get all this poo poo sorted Steve, it's killing me

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

This thread is more depressing than usual.

All the bubble teams in the East are getting passed by Detroit, and all of RWAS knows it's only a matter of time before Ville Husso stops putting up a .940 sv% and they're back in the toilet

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

ThinkTank posted:

Carolina outshot the Ducks 53-15 and lost.

Detroit also outshot Tampa 45-18 and lost 3-0 :psyduck:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Oilers decided to go along with the theme and went 2-2 in these games

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1630568549755256833

Walman's been excellent this year, and now is locked up for a mere 0.716 Ben Chiarots for the next three seasons.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

maybe the Kings would like to bring back a franchise icon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I can unclench now

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1631018114652536832

:waycool: