Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Provorov situation and value around the league will be interesting since there are light rumblings that it may be time to explore a trade. Friedman floated it on 32 Thoughts and the Athletic put together a good article about the whole situation (https://theathletic.com/4077511/2023/01/10/flyers-trade-ivan-provorov/). is the guy dogshit garbage now or will he be better getting away from the dogshit garbage Flyers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Pat Maroon sucks, and this rocks

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

excited for the Canucks to trade Horvat and inexplicably name JT Miller the next captain

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Altitude is such a funny, low-rent network. I don’t even know how you get a mouse cursor on the screen for a full 10 seconds on a live TV broadcast. I’ve never seen that before

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Well hopefully the Oilers kick the poo poo out of the Canucks tonight as punishment.

no no, the Canucks should play their most complete game kicking the poo poo out of Edmonton tonight for Bruce and then completely poo poo the bed against Tocchet’s first opponent… Chicago on Tuesday

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the thing is, from his exact words, he’s not wrong. I fully believe that players and coaches do not play to tank. the thing is that every time he talks about tanking (including the quote above) he very very conveniently leaves out front offices who obviously clearly field teams with subpar talent that are designed to stink up the joint for years on end. that’s why he’s Gary!

tweet unrelated

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1617555322754977795?s=46&t=3tRYU3YeIMN_XvzvEjqr_g

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

bullshit putting yzerman behind sakic

yeah, it’s bullshit that Yzerman wasn’t further behind, I agree.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1618634410680541186

lmao at Pete's reply and also holy poo poo those are some Turn Ahead The Clock rear end jerseys

the Caps one is good and the Canes one is boring garbage, like every other Canes jersey in history that isn’t aping the Whalers

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsPR/status/1625518287516758019

it's wild that you can just say you're doing this now. I guess the NHLPA wouldn't have anything to say about it since the player is still getting paid to sit but seems weird to me!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Minnesota was a weird team to pick up 25% of ROR’s cap hit. Barely holding on to the last wildcard spot in the west with like ~$3mil in cap space due to having Parise & Sutters $13mil buyouts on the books and instead of adding a player to help them they eat some more dead cap for a 4th?

Guerin seems like a huge jabroni

at the very least it weakens one of those teams chasing for the last wildcard spot and gives an extra piece to trade for someone this year, especially since they can’t really do a whole much next year

can’t imagine having a strong feeling on this one way or the other if you’re a Wild fan

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the Oilers are very funny. Jack Campbell with the cool 6 GA on a 2.67 xG and blowing another 3-goal lead

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/tempe_wins/status/1627776738578284544?s=46&t=xBeJ1AFvH2fgE1wwNFU8Fw

Please vote no on Landfill and Yes on new arena, only one of these will benefit taxpayers

trying to imagine how good of a policy something would have to be to make me feel good about voting for something that Gary Bettman publicly endorsed. Medicare for All?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Arizona is such a funny team. have to trade for Shea Weber’s contract to hit the floor once they trade Chychrun. gonna play on an actual dump. probably means Chychrun is going to be moving soon though

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

it rules that Pierre Dorion is gonna leave the cupboard bare for a core that’ll probably have trouble making noise in the East while the team is attracting buyers. bring on Chychrun, Pierre!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

holding guys out for “trade related reasons” is smart, and good asset management, and it keeps players paid for not doing work. it also sucks rear end and I hate it. more McKinseyfication of sports bullshit

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

for such a good-ol-boys sport, the front office management in the NHL have to be some of the pettiest and thin-skinned babies out there. no offer sheets, it feels bad! don't shop around for a better deal!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

nothing in this tweet saying that Shark player #2 isn’t Erik Karlsson

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Jack Johnson is back, baby! the back-to-back has just been clinched!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

how many teams are still running 5F powerplay units? felt like it was a whole thing trending up at the start of the year but seems like most of the teams running it have gone back to 4F1D.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

don’t think it’s any coincidence the Avs played one of their most complete games against a good team the first day that Stanley Cup
Champion Jack Johnson is back :)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Also hello to Pens and Canucks fans. Feel free to post 5 pages of takes.

https://twitter.com/mattvensel/status/1630608718533476360

JT Miller: only the second worst disaster to come out of East Palestine, Ohio

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Jakob Chychrun is not real, is a figment of our collective psyches hallucinating and has never existed. he cannot hurt you.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

honestly it’s dumb for Nashville to retain such a piddly amount for three and a half years since a team can only retain on three contracts. but that’s for Barry to figure out, baby!

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 1, 2023

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

contract the Arizona Coyotes for fumbling the bag on Jakob Chychrun for this long, good lord

and all the other things that the ownership group has done, but mostly the Chychrun thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

Good luck Lars. I don’t really get it from Colorado’s POV though. Don’t they need a second line center more than anything?

everybody except for Mikko Rantanen has been injured at least once pretty much all year, and more depth doesn't hurt. there's still cap money to add a second-line center depending on Eller's retention because Erik Johnson will be on LTIR and Landeskog may be there too until the playoffs start. trouble is finding a second-line center, I guess.